Tapout is offline Senior Member

Think I blew out my back?

I have been having low back problems for years--really bad for about 3

I was diagnosed with stenosis(narrowing),facet joint syndrome,arthritis,degenerative disk disease and compression buldges(they said its like taking a ice cream sandwich and squishing it where the disk goes all around not just one spot)
    doc told me it was years of heavy squats and jiu jitsu(wrestling is worst thing for your back) and said surgery is not an option at this time as they would have to do all 5 lower lumber and could be worse--so here's pain meds and do epidural injections a couple times per year and learn to live with it probably be on disability some day----
    unless you blow one out

well almost 3 weeks ago I was swinging the bat at the batting cages teaching my team how to hit (coach kids) and was fine till next day
    now
    severe pain not going away and some days worse than others---stabbing pain in lower back---stabbing pain in left butt cheek----aching pain going into left leg to knee and tingling in left toes---even on pain killers just takes edge off--it is worse when I sit and try to sleep
    so what do you think did I fry my back or blow out disk--getting mri monday as they cant get me in earlier

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    I have 3 compression fractures, various pulls and siatica. I feel your pain. The compression fractures got a bit better, but it literally took a year before I could squat again.

When I did the sciatic nerve in... that was the worst. It sent such a huge pain down my leg and lower back and buttocks (only on the left side). I couldn't even bench the 25's it hurt so bad, and I am not exagerating by any means.
    I had to lay down to put my shoes on. My back was always as straight as a board when i was sitting down, cause if I slouched, it killed sending a numbing pain down my lower back, buttock and leg.
    I went to a chiropractor, and he showed me stretches to do that really helped me. 4 years later, I barely feel a thing, but I am now constantly pulling muscles... I still feel it to this day, but i can at least slouch now when I sit.
    Sounds to me like you have a pinched siatic nerve... all to familiar to me.
    I'd rather take a kick to the nuts and get it over with than have siatica. It took me so long to get back into it... If it is siatica, there is hope, but you gotta do the stretches they show you ED. I hope all is well. Good luck my bro...
    Last edited by juicy_brucy; 06-04-2007 at 11:00 PM.

Ohh yeah. I woke up with the pain... It didn't hurt me when the injury occured. The pain took a day or two to settle in...

whats funny about back pain is you get kinda used to it
    I have a 10 scale
    I wake up and its a 2 to 3--normal(if I wake up and no pain I will check for a pulse)
    4-5 on scale is bc powders
    6 is celebrex
    7-8 is my 10mg hydrocodone
    9-up is 1 1/2 -15mg hydrocodones

if the average person woke up one day and feel what I feel on a regular basis they would go to the hospital by ambulance

juicy yours sounded real bad mine does not hurt that bad--thank God

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Back trouble is nothing to **** around with, not that you didn't know that already. I would freak out and get to a doc.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Ohh tapout, It was the worst. it was the most painful thing ever, cause it was always there, pinching and numbing. i'm pretty sure I did it snowboarding. I had no access to pain killers either at the time. It was so painful. I am dead serious when I say I had to lay down on a bed to put my shoes on... or that I couldn't press the 25's. it took about 8 months to become bareable, and another year to heal. 4 years later, I am about 90-95% fixed.
    I'm glad you are not in that kind of pain. I don't wish that pain on my worst enemy it was so bad.

juicy this has made me have more respect for people I have seen complaining about their back--when we are younger we are like what ever just get up--now its like wow they were right

one good thing my back poped last night and is feeling 50% better--must have taken some of pressure of nerves

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    wheres doc'sust! get his old ass in here..

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I put my back out last month working on my car. Wasn't fun.

My fiance's dad broke his back years ago, and goes through that same treatment. He's shrunk 5-6 inches due to his spine colapsing. He's on disability, and was supposed to die 18 years ago. For somereason he's still alive, and suffers everyday. It's a horrible life, and definately not something you want to go through. You should see another doc, and try to find some more perminant alternitives.

thats true about height
    I was almost 5'11-5'11 1/2" now 5'10" to 5'9 1/2" from discs crushing
    Had mri today results thurs or fri

Thread Information