Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    Although Moore clearly has an agenda and some of his information does twist the truth, I think his heart is in the right place. We need an entertaining populist with a sense of humor to raise conciousness of our basic situation.

Regarding this particular topic, other affluent countries have superior health care systems and to say that we can improve ours is fair. There are clear (and unfair) inequities in our country and the middle class increasingly gets squeezed as the fat cats increasintly get fatter. People of lower socioeconomic status are exploited unfairly as well and Moore brings these issues to attention. That couldn't be a bad thing - not in a so-called democracy.
    Last edited by Mike Dura; 06-18-2007 at 11:06 AM.

That sounds reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54
    If you look at Canada as a whole, we are more right leaning than left leaning, even with our healthcare and other services. And I never said a CEO should live in a shack. They earned the money, they have the right to spend it. The point I am trying to get across is basic human needs. I don't think people should be outright given a house, but there should be affordable housing (in other words, crappy apartment buildings) avaliable to those in dire need, something that provides basic shelter. I'm not talking a nice house for some bum, we both know that isn't right, and that is not the case. If it ever becomes the case, I'll be the first to speak out against it. Getting people off the streets helps reduce crime, and that effects you and I directly. I believe in providing the basics, but after that, it's all up to them if they want to live a normal life.

Stock is offline Member
    The links are no longer working. Anyone have another place to see it other than youtube?

I know there are incompetant docs out there but you're saying that you had to "inform" the docs of your child's gender? In terms of believability that's a tall order. Kind of underminds your credibility IMO. On these boards however I've seen greater absurdities and taller claims so nothing surprises me.

Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    I can't stand Michael Moore. The best part of Team America is where he blows himself up. He's a poster boy for adult onset diabetes and cardiovascular failure if there ever was one.

Look at the defense budgets of our allies. Know why they're so low? Because Americans are basically footing the bill. No one's gonna fvck with someone even loosely associated with the US. These countries with national health care systems don't have to worry about their defense, thus they can afford to use taxes to provide health care for their citizens. Oops, did I show my conservatism?

I live in Japan, where we have a public health care system, and it sucks. The medicine is about 25 years behind the US. I can't even buy NyQuil when I've got a cold! So I have to go to the clinic to get something that might work and I still have to pay 30% of my hospital bill. And most of the doctors are 100% incompetent. Our OB/GYN kept telling us that the sonogram was indicating we would have a daughter, even though I pointed out to her on 3 different visits that these little things were testicles and this little thing was a penis. Imagine her surpise when my wife gave birth to a boy. Don't even get me started on the dentists over here.

Grrrrrrrr - now I'm angry!!!!!

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Mike, I can't read anything you say, I'm too destracted by the avatar Btw guys doesn't it seem weird to talk about this when the author is banned Having a good debate and then...bamm (I mean ban)

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06
    I wonder why Cananda does not have the influx of immigrants the USA has? I mean since we are such a horrible repressive country with a pathetic heath care system you'd think we'd all flee to the Utopia called Canada
    Because our employers do not offer jobs to illegal immigrants.

And please people, stop defending Paris Hilton. Think before you talk. She is a criminal. She lives off a trust fund that avoids taxes. She is NOT a productive member of society.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I wonder why Cananda does not have the influx of immigrants the USA has? I mean since we are such a horrible repressive country with a pathetic heath care system you'd think we'd all flee to the Utopia called Canada

Since the majority of our immigrants are from a country that borders us and happens to be an extremely poor country, that would explain why Canada doesn't have the influx of immigrants.

All the people who are complaining about paying for others who aren't productive members of society, we pay for them anyway because the burden they put on other social services, crime, etc. Providing health care to those who can't afford it (most are productive members of society) should be one of the things the richest, most powerful country in the world shoud provide to it's citizens. No one should have to decide whether to pay for groceries or paying for medicine.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    I'd rather pay for my own health care plan than pay a huge health care tax that gives anyone and everyone equal care whether you're a productive person in society or not.
    Ya, I can see how a person shouldn't expect something for free.

But on the other hand, we who play with AS have a somewhat higher health risk than folks who don't. Seems to me that if we pay the going rate for health insurance, but deliberately do things that raise our risk above everyone else's, then we're kinda-sorta expecting to get more for our $$$ than folks who don't do AS. Is that ethical? I dunno; you tell me.

On the one hand, I agree that loafers ought to pay their own way. And folks with unhealthy life styles need to change to healthy life styles -- at least, if they expect reasonably priced health insurance. Applies to you, me, and Mr. Lazybones under that tree . . .

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Ya, I can see how a person shouldn't expect something for free.

But on the other hand, we who play with AS have a somewhat higher health risk than folks who don't. Seems to me that if we pay the going rate for health insurance, but deliberately do things that raise our risk above everyone else's, then we're kinda-sorta expecting to get more for our $$$ than folks who don't do AS. Is that ethical? I dunno; you tell me.

On the one hand, I agree that loafers ought to pay their own way. And folks with unhealthy life styles need to change to healthy life styles -- at least, if they expect reasonably priced health insurance. Applies to you, me, and Mr. Lazybones under that tree . . .
    I see what you mean. Like I said in an earlier post, I work in a hospital and I see everyday how people do stupid shit to get themselves hurt/sick, and it bothers me. But then I think of other services, like police and fire protection. I have never once called 911 in my life, should I still have to pay for those services? I don't agree with Canadian soldiers being in Afghanistan, and my tax dollars are paying for them to be there, should I still have to pay taxes to support them? Or should only people who support the war pay "war taxes"? These are the essential government services that we agree to pay taxes for, whether we agree or not with what they do and who they service. I would rather have the satisfaction of know that I, and any other citizen, could pick up the phone, have an ambulance at my door ready to take me to the hospital for whatever reason, because like I said, shit happens to everyone.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    Since the majority of our immigrants are from a country that borders us and happens to be an extremely poor country, that would explain why Canada doesn't have the influx of immigrants.

All the people who are complaining about paying for others who aren't productive members of society, we pay for them anyway because the burden they put on other social services, crime, etc. Providing health care to those who can't afford it (most are productive members of society) should be one of the things the richest, most powerful country in the world shoud provide to it's citizens. No one should have to decide whether to pay for groceries or paying for medicine.
    As usual BgMc your way off base with your statements, see the attached chart follow the ethic demographics of the USA. Mexicans are not even in the top 5!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sicko: Michael Moore's documentary movie-chart.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54
    Because our employers do not offer jobs to illegal immigrants.

And please people, stop defending Paris Hilton. Think before you talk. She is a criminal. She lives off a trust fund that avoids taxes. She is NOT a productive member of society.
    Paris Hilton? Where did that come from?

This is funny, first the lounge people lose their mindless post whore thread and now they have us news people over here arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stock
    The links are no longer working. Anyone have another place to see it other than youtube?
    No, it's an unreleased movie, it was made to put money in Moores pocket posting it on the internet, as for as I know, is illegal. I am certain he has a copyright on it.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    As usual BgMc your way off base with your statements, see the attached chart follow the ethic demographics of the USA. Mexicans are not even in the top 5!
    RECENT immigrants are not from Europe.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    I know there are incompetant docs out there but you're saying that you had to "inform" the docs of your child's gender? In terms of believability that's a tall order. Kind of underminds your credibility IMO. On these boards however I've seen greater absurdities and taller claims so nothing surprises me.
    As an undergrad, I worked 3 years for a professor who taught human anatomy & physiology. My bachelor's is pre-med. In the Navy, I was a corpsman. I know what to look for on an ultrasound. Find the spine, find the femur, and look below the buttocks. When you get a good shot of the legs curled up in the fetal position (i.e., not kicking), then "freeze" the picture on the monitor. If you don't see anything, it's a girl. If you see some little round things, those are balls Mike.

Tesla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock
    Funny thing is.....those "Sicko" postings on You Tube made national news. Check out the article on CNN....

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

Moore doesn't seem to care either. The article states: "Moore, 53, has been vocal in his support of downloading pirated movies as long as movie pirates don't profit."

Tesla is offline Member
    Oh, and the CNN article also states that "A 124-minute version of the film had been posted on YouTube by at least two users. It could be watched in 14 video clips. Each segment had received 500 to 600 views before it was removed."

All of those views probably came from AR

Oh I see. I got a pair of those my self. Still hard to believe a doc can't identify something that easy. Even incompetant docs can identify balls and it's hard to persuade otherwise.

As an undergrad, I worked 3 years for a professor who taught human anatomy & physiology. My bachelor's is pre-med. In the Navy, I was a corpsman. I know what to look for on an ultrasound. Find the spine, find the femur, and look below the buttocks. When you get a good shot of the legs curled up in the fetal position (i.e., not kicking), then "freeze" the picture on the monitor. If you don't see anything, it's a girl. If you see some little round things, those are balls Mike.

Oh I see. I got a pair of those my self. Still hard to believe a doc can't identify something that easy. Even incompetant docs can identify balls and it's hard to persuade otherwise.
    Apparently, you haven't visited any doctors educated in Japan.

BTW, with your short body and big head, do children ever mistake you for one of the "7 Dwarves" and beg for your autograph?

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    That fat **** should do a documentary about how many big macs he stuffs in his grubby hole everyday.

There you have it. Premed student? lol. Sounds like you got a big head and short on intellegince but I don't say that in a mean-spirited way. Anyway, here's a tip for improving your game: If you're going to be the teller of the "tall tale" you have to be believable. Sounding dumb makes it hard to believe you're premed and docs unable to identify balls, that too is a stretch. I don't want to sell you short though. That "big head" statement is kind of funny because my girlfriend calls me "big head" too and she would be pleased that you agree! LoL.

Apparently, you haven't visited any doctors educated in Japan.

BTW, with your short body and big head, do children ever mistake you for one of the "7 Dwarves" and beg for your autograph?
    Last edited by Mike Dura; 06-19-2007 at 11:54 AM.

You call me a liar; I have a little fun at your expense - don't take it personal. Your ignorant belief that doctors are never wrong and unwavering faith in a fat slob like Michael Moore undermine your credibility. Until you've lived in Japan and experienced first-hand their medical system, then you're unqualified to comment on the quality of Japanese-educated doctors. I never said I delivered the baby, nor did I say I operated the sonogram. I stated a fact - that I looked at the sonogram pictures and showed the doctor what I believed to be testicles on three different visits. She disagreed each time.

Instead of questioning the veracity of my experience and calling me a liar, perhaps you should stick with making "My girlfriend..." or "I got my ass kicked..." threads. Those appear to be straight up your alley - "short on intelligence" and "dumb".

Can't wait to read your next tip for improving my game.

There you have it. Premed student? lol. Sounds like you got a big head and short on intellegince but I don't say that in a mean-spirited way. Anyway, here's a tip for improving your game: If you're going to be the teller of the "tall tale" you have to be believable. Sounding dumb makes it hard to believe you're premed and docs unable to identify balls, that too is a stretch. I don't want to sell you short though. That "big head" statement is kind of funny because my girlfriend calls me "big head" too and she would be pleased that you agree! LoL.

At my expense? LoL. I guess that's one way of looking at it. I never said that docs are never wrong and from what I wrote regarding Mike Moore, I'm hard-pressed to see how you can conclude that I have an "unwavering faith" in him. Reread more carefully and you'll have a better chance of responding more on key.

Mike Moores physique bears little relevance to anything I said about him (or anything on this thread for that matter). I don't question the truthfullness of your experience anymore than I would question the truthfullness of a schizophrenics experience as he truly believes he's Napolean. I don't know what you truly believe about yourself as it compares to your reality. All I'm saying is that I'm not persuaded. The clumsyness of your responses doesn't seem to match what I'd expect with the raw computational power of someone talented enough to study medicine. Some things just don't wash and you can't persuade everyone (nor should you have to). Just take comfort in your own beliefs about your capacities and that should do.

Topics like "getting my ass kicked" and "my girlfriend" are topics of levity. You know, like "every day kind of stuff" people talk about to pass the time. This would be seemingly appropriate for a steroid website. However, if it serves you to call it "dumb" and it saves face then I'm not going to knock it. LoL. No hard feelings my little doctor!

You call me a liar; I have a little fun at your expense - don't take it personal. Your ignorant belief that doctors are never wrong and unwavering faith in a fat slob like Michael Moore undermine your credibility. Until you've lived in Japan and experienced first-hand their medical system, then you're unqualified to comment on the quality of Japanese-educated doctors. I never said I delivered the baby, nor did I say I operated the sonogram. I stated a fact - that I looked at the sonogram pictures and showed the doctor what I believed to be testicles on three different visits. She disagreed each time.

Instead of questioning the veracity of my experience and calling me a liar, perhaps you should stick with making "My girlfriend..." or "I got my ass kicked..." threads. Those appear to be straight up your alley - "short on intelligence" and "dumb".

Can't wait to read your next tip for improving my game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information