Thread: stapedectomy

rugbySwoll is offline Associate Member

stapedectomy

well guys, I will be having surgery on my middle ear coming up in the next few weeks, its an outpatient procedure, which is called a stapedectomy, they will replace the stape bone in my ear, which has caused a 50% loss of hearing in that ear, and constant tinnitus(ringing in the ear), what sucks is that theres a 70% chance that the tinnitus will be fixed, but the hearing part is like 95%, so ya....also there is to be absolutely no straining for 10 days, which sucks, im afraid ill lose gains....the most ive ever taken off is like 5 days....im not on anything right now as well.....if i keep my diet up to par, should i be losing any muscle? ive never had a srugery, ever....so this is new to me....maybe 10 days off will be good for me....well, thanks bros

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    gl man

thanks lexed

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    im sure the time off will do the body good

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    10 days off...you will be fine trust me. I am going on 6 weeks without training after my shoulder surgery and looking at possibly 6 more.

If I only had to wait 10 days I would be the happiest guy in the world.

Wow, 6 Weeks Bino....thats pretty harsh, and 6 more....whew...I guess I do have it kinda good....well, hope your recovery speeds up!

samoth is offline Member
    Yeah, take heed of the no training warning. I blew my eardrum out squatting after my second mastoidectomy.

Roidal is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samoth
    Yeah, take heed of the no training warning. I blew my eardrum out squatting after my second mastoidectomy.
    I didn't know your eardrum can blow from squatting.

whew, the doc office calls me today and tells me the surgery is this coming thursday...wow, thats in like 6 days....hopefully it will fix the problem...what sucks is this is what the dr(whom is a neurotologist and really good)thinks needs to be done...theres no test to run that says this really is otosclerosis....he can only tell when hes all up in my ear....greeeeeeat.....he came to the conclusion that its otosclerosis from the conductive hearing loss ive had....and the ringing....so yea....ill def let you know how it goes bros....thanks

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by locofoco
    I didn't know your eardrum can blow from squatting.
    It was half-eaten by the tumor already, so they had to stretch it and re-connect it or something along those lines. It re-tore during the lift. (I'm a PLer, so I tend to keep my breath in at the bottom.)

It's not something that happens under normal circumstances, so don't worry, lol.

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbySwoll
    whew, the doc office calls me today and tells me the surgery is this coming thursday...wow, thats in like 6 days....hopefully it will fix the problem...what sucks is this is what the dr(whom is a neurotologist and really good)thinks needs to be done...theres no test to run that says this really is otosclerosis....he can only tell when hes all up in my ear....greeeeeeat.....he came to the conclusion that its otosclerosis from the conductive hearing loss ive had....and the ringing....so yea....ill def let you know how it goes bros....thanks
    Will they be making the incision behind the ear and going in from there? I ended up losing all my hearing bones by my third surgery, so it can always be worse.

Best of luck! Usually not much can go wrong in these type of outpatient procedures, so I hope you have an easy operation and complete recovery! It's normal that they can't tell you anything until they're inside the ear, so don't worry about that.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    I thought this thread was a joke, because when I read it fast it looked like "Strapadictomy" (strap a dick to me)

but that sucks bro, Good luck keep us updated

well, im 6 days post op right now, doing pretty good, doc said i could do cycling, so ive been hittin that up....my ear is ringing louder and the left side of my tongue is numb, but the doc said thats normal, also a little dizziness, but the valium fixes that right up....he said i could go back to 50% of the usual weight i lift here in 4 days which equals 10 days post op....i havent lost hardly any weight which is good, i think this break is real good for me, havent had a break in years except for a few days if i have the flu or fever.....so ya....well i think im gonna get a little tipsy tonight, gonna hit the bottle due to not being able to lift, lol....well guys, take care!

oh i'd take your ten days in a heartbeat compared to this fukken torn rotator cuff..besides 10 days is nothing...your health is whats important..
    good luck

rubix6 is offline Female Member
    good luck!! i hope everything goes well

Thread Information