wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member

hand gun hunters ?

will be hog hunting with a hand gun this season.....44 mag or .45 long colt? and do they make the .45 lc in plus p ? i dont reload or i would heat up the 45 lc. both pistols are revolvers with 6 inch barrels and not scoped.

fenceguy is offline Associate Member
    Both will do just fine. I use a ruger 44 mag with a red dot scope. Drops em like a bad habit. Course the only 2 I shot were within 10 yards.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i'd go with the 44 mag if for no other reason the penetration, most times if you are hunting with dogs it will be a head shot, or shoulder, and you want the additional penetration..

good luck man..what state will you be going in??
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Go with the .45" long colt in a ruger bisley and use some of the heavy loads such as corbon. You will never go back to the .44" mag You should get into reloading, you would get so hooked on it and shoot alot more. You have my dream with having your own shooting range Don't even get me started on cast bullets I could go on for hours. A 320 gr. cast bullet at about 1200fps (safe in the ruger bisley or blackhawk) will do anything you would ever need done with less blast.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    think i am gunna buy a lee press and doctor up the long colt. both pistols are single action rugers. the pigs aint freaking scared, you can walk up real close before they haul butt. i have deer feeders out and the bastards took them over. i havent hunted since 91. the wild game is abundant on my 40 acre refuge in south louisiana. hope i can pull the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by wascaptain5214
    think i am gunna buy a lee press and doctor up the long colt. both pistols are single action rugers. the pigs aint freaking scared, you can walk up real close before they haul butt. i have deer feeders out and the bastards took them over. i havent hunted since 91. the wild game is abundant on my 40 acre refuge in south louisiana. hope i can pull the trigger!

ooooooo. Retired, a place to hunt and lots of game, wow. Add a few hot latino chics and it would be my version of heaven

Btw if you are going to shoot very much get the lee turret press (that's what I have) I want the redding turret press but they are pricey and I don't shoot as much anymore DON'T BUY THE LEE POWDER MEASURE!! iT IS JUNK, THE W296 OR H110 powder (which is what you need to get about 1200 fps with a 300 grain bullet safely) will just flow out of the bottom of the dang thing. Spend the $100 or so and get the redding powder measure, built like a tank. I have the pact electronic measure and it is cool as hell. Key in what grain weight you want and hit dispense and it does it for you If you need any advice feel free to ask, I hate to brag but I'm an expert when it comes to reloading

Thread Information