K.Biz is offline Banned

Calling All AFPA Certified Personal Trainers

I have been a trainer for about a year now, but I do not have a certification, I work at a gym where the guy knew i had been training for many years, and saw me bring in friends and train them so he figured I knew what i was doing and I got offered a job to train. The thing is im moving away to college in August and i want to get my certification so I can work as a trainer while im in school in a Another gym. I also know many gym DO NOT take trainers without certifications. so I want to get it ASAP. my question is:

How hard is the certification test?.

Im obviously going to study and read up on it, but is it super hard? Just trying to get some insite before i drop 4 or 5 bills on a certification.

thanks

K.Biz is offline Banned
    bump

K.Biz is offline Banned
    no one huh

dont know anything about that certification. but im NSCA (national strength and conditiong association) and NCSF (national council on strength and fitness) certified. i just ordered the study materials (about $300) from the NSCA website, studied my ass off and was able to pass them both. they were both 140 multiple choice questions over 5 content areas: exercise physiology, exercise technique, program design, nutrition, & safety. the nsca test was about $250 and the ncsf was 200. both are nationally accepted certifications at most gyms. i was a trainer at 24 hour fitness.

Thread Information