Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    I sank alot of money and time into my 4 banger (DSM) and it was eating v8s all the time.

SUCKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    hahaha that's what I love... Well no offense but I hate 4 bangers but I love having a v6 stang so every1 underestimates it and also because of the other crowd of GT goers who hate on it (the v6) when I smoke them it's just as good :-)

stacked566 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaGetBig
    I thought you were saying that Toyota sells more trucks than Ford and GM combined sell vehicles, but confined to trucks I see where you are coming from. How did we go from this guys V6 Mustang to who sells the most trucks?
    I'm not trying to argue with anyone about cars, just merely it doesnt matter who sells more cars (someone said ford sold more stangs than camaros, which is true), it depends on the quality. DSM, those mitsubishi turbos (and I guess eagle talons to some extent) can be fast as hell with the right mods/driver..I can attest to that. Not a v6 stang tho..just the way it is.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stacked566
    I'm not trying to argue with anyone about cars, just merely it doesnt matter who sells more cars (someone said ford sold more stangs than camaros, which is true), it depends on the quality. DSM, those mitsubishi turbos (and I guess eagle talons to some extent) can be fast as hell with the right mods/driver..I can attest to that. Not a v6 stang tho..just the way it is.
    After so much time and money spent on her i had to sell her to pay off bills so i could move out after school but i miss my baby

p.s
    The worst investment is a car......I learned the hard way

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    ^^^
    i like the look with those wheels and tires.

Not a bad ride. BUT WHAT?!?! Who said v6 stangs can't be fast??? WOW... Go hang around some 3.8 forums, or go look at super six motorsports 10 second v6 stang...

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    Not a bad ride. BUT WHAT?!?! Who said v6 stangs can't be fast??? WOW... Go hang around some 3.8 forums, or go look at super six motorsports 10 second v6 stang...
    anything can be fast. But you can make the v8 version just as fast or faster for a lot less and it more reliable.

Former 10 sec 93 mustang gt owner

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    anything can be fast. But you can make the v8 version just as fast or faster for a lot less and it more reliable.

Former 10 sec 93 mustang gt owner
    exactly, thank you... of course you can make any car fast with the right amount of $$$$ that's why I didn't understand why that other guy said what he did.

exactly, thank you... of course you can make any car fast with the right amount of $$$$ that's why I didn't understand why that other guy said what he did.
    So you'd rather drop 20k in mods for a 10sec v6 stang, or 10k for a 10sec 5.0? Just throwing general numbers out there of course, but you're not getting my point obviously.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member

p.s
    depends..worste investment is a new car..even more so, a new american car.
    i drove my 94 corolla for 200 miles without a drop of oil, and she still purs like a lawnmower.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    definitely depends on the car, I have an antique Corvette I bought many years ago for 5 grand, worth more than that today by a good margin. Not to say there aren't better investments out there, but not bad for a car.

So you'd rather drop 20k in mods for a 10sec v6 stang, or 10k for a 10sec 5.0? Just throwing general numbers out there of course, but you're not getting my point obviously.
    DUDE!!! hahaha, you give me 10k I'll f'n make a 10sec v6 stang no joke, I don't see were your getting your f'n numbers

Forge the internal's of the v6 stang and twin turbo that bad boy and run high boost//psi levels, get a 8.8in t-lock rear end, and some good tires.... there ya go...

Big
    DUDE!!! hahaha, you give me 10k I'll f'n make a 10sec v6 stang no joke, I don't see were your getting your f'n numbers

Forge the internal's of the v6 stang and twin turbo that bad boy and run high boost//psi levels, get a 8.8in t-lock rear end, and some good tires.... there ya go...
    I don't think he actually meant those exact figures, just that although you can make a V6 fast it's cheaper to make a V8 just as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaGetBig
    I don't think he actually meant those exact figures, just that although you can make a V6 fast it's cheaper to make a V8 just as fast.
    Yeah I get you... Unless your comparing newer 05+ models... Used Gt's are going for nearly 10k more than the used v6's... so take that 10k you save and do what I said above...

and for the say 99-04 models I'd say there's a good $5,000 price difference, which could be invested smartly

But hell I would have loved to of had a GT, I love v8's and hate v6's... Just I've had this car for a long time (it's a 2000) I got it for free when I graduated highschool, I didn't have a choice my dad just bought it for me, but hey I'm not about to complain... I just decided to mod what I had rather than trade up.

Well I made a cardomain check it out http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2686222 Only thing I don't like about my car is the f'n wheels... they look terrible...

If you can machine and assemble a shortblock, buy two turbos and plumbing, a new rear, heads to perform with high boost, a fuel system to support the high boost, good tires (understatement) for 10K...I'll trade both of my camaros in for a v6 stang. Lets not forget a tranny to handle the high psi launches, a driveshaft for your new rear, and suspension uprgrades. You're in la la land.

If you can machine and assemble a shortblock, buy two turbos and plumbing, a new rear, heads to perform with high boost, a fuel system to support the high boost, good tires (understatement) for 10K...I'll trade both of my camaros in for a v6 stang. Lets not forget a tranny to handle the high psi launches, a driveshaft for your new rear, and suspension uprgrades. You're in la la land.
    I completely agree. I had all that. Not the twin turbos but 1 big SC and i was in the low tens and shit breaks alot. And it cost me alot more then 10k just in parts.

Yep, I have about 10K + car in my 30th anniversary 97 Z-28 vert, and it runs 11.50's on the bottle. I have 20Kish in my 96 Z28 and it's knocking on 9.90's N/A once I get the bugs worked out. Before my dad and I built my 420ci small block, we looked at doing a 355ci single turbo car....much more expensive for the same HP (30k+)

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by thetank
    depends..worste investment is a new car..even more so, a new american car.
    i drove my 94 corolla for 200 miles without a drop of oil, and she still purs like a lawnmower.
    Exactly brother.

I used to be a HUGE American Muscle car fan. Mustang's being my all time favorite.

But when you get down to it, they are American. American car's are far inferior to the rest of the world, that is just how it is. I was so juiced up when the 2007 Shelby GT 500 came out that I thought I was actually gonna buy one.

Then I had to sit back and ask myself is this worth the price it's selling for. THe answer is HELL NO. I will not buy any American cars, plain and simple they built like shit.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Yep, I have about 10K + car in my 30th anniversary 97 Z-28 vert, and it runs 11.50's on the bottle. I have 20Kish in my 96 Z28 and it's knocking on 9.90's N/A once I get the bugs worked out. Before my dad and I built my 420ci small block, we looked at doing a 355ci single turbo car....much more expensive for the same HP (30k+)
    Nice

Don't forget the thousands in just chassis and suspension work

thats where most of it went to. The 96 needed a 12 pt cage (ttop car) just to keep it straight. I'm praying the 12bolt we have in there holds...otherwise theres another 3K+ for a 9"

Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    Exactly brother.

I used to be a HUGE American Muscle car fan. Mustang's being my all time favorite.

But when you get down to it, they are American. American car's are far inferior to the rest of the world, that is just how it is. I was so juiced up when the 2007 Shelby GT 500 came out that I thought I was actually gonna buy one.

Then I had to sit back and ask myself is this worth the price it's selling for. THe answer is HELL NO. I will not buy any American cars, plain and simple they built like shit.

True. I think american engineering is severly flawed. Only thing we have going for us is the hop up industry to fix the flaws

True. I think american engineering is severly flawed. Only thing we have going for us is the hop up industry to fix the flaws

Yup, which is why companies liek Ford, GM etc... are hemorrhaging money at an incredible rate.

Although I will say I do think US Automakers are now making a bit more of an effort to produce sound and efficient automobiles. It's just that Japan and Germany have been doing it for so long we really dug ourselves into a whole, with the absolute crap we made in the 80-90's.

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

i'm not buying the american autos are "flawed" one bit as a matter of fact that is rediculous. gm, ford and chrysler build quality automobiles and if they didn't they wouldn't be in business. i'm not going to argue that makes like toyota and honda are superior to american makes as far as quality is concerned because they are but that doesn't mean american autos aren't well built also. soon there won't be such a thing as domestic or imported anyway. the toyota camry is the best selling car and it's quality is unmatched and every single one you see driving down the road was built right here in the united states with 75% of the parts coming from the u.s. and the 25% remaining coming from japan and canada.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    i'm not buying the american autos are "flawed" one bit as a matter of fact that is rediculous. gm, ford and chrysler build quality automobiles and if they didn't they wouldn't be in business. i'm not going to argue that makes like toyota and honda are superior to american makes as far as quality is concerned because they are but that doesn't mean american autos aren't well built also. soon there won't be such a thing as domestic or imported anyway. the toyota camry is the best selling car and it's quality is unmatched and every single one you see driving down the road was built right here in the united states with 75% of the parts coming from the u.s. and the 25% remaining coming from japan and canada.

I'm not talking about parts or where the labor was performed. it's about engineering, plain and simple. Have you taken a look at GM, Ford's financials lately? Seen how many people they've laid off?

Also why do America autos have much lower resale values then their foreign counterparts? And comparatively, yes American Auto's are built like shit, you just said you wouldn't agree that Toyota and Honda have superior quality. So then who are you comparing US cars to when you say that they are built well? A Pugeot perhaps?

like i said american cars aren't the highest quality but that doesn't mean they are sh*t because they are not. it looks like you're a football fan so maybe this will make sense of what i'm trying to say when it comes to the quality comparison. just because donavan mcnabb isn't payton manning doesn't mean he's not a very good qb. just because something isn't the clear cut best does not mean it can't be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    I'm not talking about parts or where the labor was performed. it's about engineering, plain and simple. Have you taken a look at GM, Ford's financials lately? Seen how many people they've laid off?

Also why do America autos have much lower resale values then their foreign counterparts? And comparatively, yes American Auto's are built like shit, you just said you wouldn't agree that Toyota and Honda have superior quality. So then who are you comparing US cars to when you say that they are built well? A Pugeot perhaps?

You hit the nail on the head with the engineering. Let's see....the F-body from gm (camaro/transam) has a huge lump in the passenger floor pan to accomodate the catyltic converters in the y-pipe, why this was engineered this way is beyond me, since the f-body is a bigger car than a mustang which has true duals. Also, don't you remember when the 05 mustang gt came out and was recalled because the wheels were falling off? No joke, the wheels were falling off of cars. Lets not forget that the GTO was not designed by americans, but australians infac, and it looked better before it was americanized anyways. There are numerous examples...the fact is there is no money lying around to reinnovate cars in american companies since they pay a premium to make cars here (unions etc) and make less profits overall, than say a foreign company like toyota or honda. While I wouldn't buy one to modify, I would buy one to tool around town, because they are more efficient, cheaper, and sell for more when im done with it...what more do you want?

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    nice. I love fast cars.

here is the reason why i can laugh about people saying american autos are no good. i bought a 1998 ford ranger in september of '98 and it already had over 19,000 on the odometer and drove the hell out of that truck and beat the f*ck out of it until december of last year and my dad now drives it a total of 80 miles to and from work 5 days a week and drives it on the weekends some too. i changed the oil myself and put new plugs and wires on it 1 time and that is it other than the usual filter changes and replace the pcv valve every once in a while. that truck runs as good as it did the first time i drove it with everything from the factory like clutch, exhaust and believe it or not it still has the oe battery in it. nothing has had to be replaced and if that isn't quality than what is? i bought an '07 ranger in december and i fully expect the same from it because it is american quality. so maybe you can see where i'm coming from on the american cars aren't worth a crap is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    here is the reason why i can laugh about people saying american autos are no good. i bought a 1998 ford ranger in september of '98 and it already had over 19,000 on the odometer and drove the hell out of that truck and beat the f*ck out of it until december of last year and my dad now drives it a total of 80 miles to and from work 5 days a week and drives it on the weekends some too. i changed the oil myself and put new plugs and wires on it 1 time and that is it other than the usual filter changes and replace the pcv valve every once in a while. that truck runs as good as it did the first time i drove it with everything from the factory like clutch, exhaust and believe it or not it still has the oe battery in it. nothing has had to be replaced and if that isn't quality than what is? i bought an '07 ranger in december and i fully expect the same from it because it is american quality. so maybe you can see where i'm coming from on the american cars aren't worth a crap is not true.
    That means nothing. And you can find someone who bought a honda and had nothnig but problems.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    That means nothing. And you can find someone who bought a honda and had nothnig but problems.
    actually yes it does mean something. it disproves some of these ignorant statements that american vehicles aren't built well. my truck wasn't 1 in a million and there are alot of people i've talked to that have had many many years of trouble free service from their american automobile whether it be a highway driven chevy caprice or a 4 wheel drive f-150 used as a farm truck. sure american makes aren't at the top rung when it comes to quality but don't write them off as garbage because that's just bs.

Big
    Even the term "American car" is getting a bit blurry, there is a Nissan plant here in Mississippi, Toyota is opening a plant here next year, and don't think there haven't been so called American cars built overseas. Bottom line is there are many good vehicles that will give hundreds of thousands of miles of service if properly cared for, regardless of where they came from.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information