Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Benoit's Toxicology Results

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- Investigators found testosterone , painkillers and anti-anxiety drugs in the body of professional wrestler Chris Benoit, who killed his wife and son last month before hanging himself in his Atlanta home, a medical examiner said Tuesday.

Investigators found steroids in the body of pro wrestler Chris Benoit, who killed his family in June.

Dr. Kris Sperry, Georgia's chief medical examiner, said the body of Benoit's wife, Nancy, also contained painkillers and anti-anxiety drugs.

Sperry said it's likely the Benoits' 7-year-old son, Daniel, was sedated at the time he was murdered, because a high level of the anti-anxiety drug Xanax was found in the boy's system.

Xanax is not normally prescribed for children, Sperry said.

Chris Benoit's body contained an "elevated" level of testosterone and therapeutic levels of Xanax and the painkiller hydrocodone, Sperry said.

But, he said, the level of testosterone revealed nothing conclusive about the wrestler's state of mind before his death.

"There's no reliable scientific data that says elevated levels of testosterone lead to psychotic rage," Sperry said.

"The only thing we can ascertain is that this level of testosterone indicates that he had been using testosterone at least in some reasonably short period of time before he died," he said. "It could be an indication he was being treated for testicular insufficiency."

The investigators found no other drugs, including steroids, in Benoit's body.

The investigation into the Benoits' deaths led to speculation that the wrestler may have been injecting steroids and had experienced what is called " 'roid rage ," leading him to kill his wife and son.

An official who is part of the investigation told CNN last month that Benoit's name was on receipts that indicated he had purchased shipments of anabolic steroids and human growth hormones from Signature Pharmacy.

The Orlando, Florida, facility is at the center of a nationwide investigation into the sale of illegal steroids.

Phil Astin, Benoit's personal doctor, has been indicted by a grand jury on seven charges of improperly dispensing and distributing painkillers and other drugs. Astin has been released on $125,000 bond and is under house arrest.

Although Benoit's name was not mentioned in Astin's indictment, his arrest stemmed from the investigation into the Benoits' deaths.

"Through prescription records for Mr. Benoit maintained at a pharmacy in Fayetteville, Georgia, Dr. Astin was identified as prescribing, on average, a 10-month supply of anabolic steroids to Mr. Benoit every three to four weeks from May 4, 2006, through May 9, 2007," the U.S. attorney's office said.

Sperry said the body of Nancy Benoit also contained therapeutic levels of hydrocodone and Xanax, along with hydromorphone, which he said is a byproduct of the breakdown of hydrocodone.

Nancy Benoit's blood alcohol level was .184, which is over the legal limit for intoxication, but Sperry said all of the alcohol found in her body "could come from the decomposition process."

Sperry said investigators did not have enough specimen to test for steroids or human growth hormone in Daniel's body. Daniel's body showed signs of needle marks at the time of his death, but Sperry could not speculate why.

District Attorney Scott Ballard would not answer questions about the state of the investigation into the Benoits' deaths, which he said is ongoing.

"We'd rather wait until we have more of the pieces so we can be more accurate and discuss more of a whole what happened," he said. "We're trying to envision as best we can what happened inside that household. This (the toxicology report) adds one element to all the other elements."

Police have said Benoit, 40, strangled his wife, Nancy, and suffocated Daniel, then placed Bibles next to their bodies before hanging himself on a portable weight machine over the weekend of June
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 07-17-2007 at 02:58 PM.
    ***No source checks!!!***

All he had was elevated Test levels, no other anabolic agent was found.

Goddamn media...watch all the "roid rage " talk come to a halt and the media will spin it to make themselves look good.

I swear they have no ****ing credibility anymore, all the 'roid rage" talk and how steroids cause this cause that..now that the results are back it only further proves they are ****ing clueless morons.

And also watch how they WON'T go after the Xanax and painkiller market and start blaming them for all this.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    thats pretty interesting

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    very interesting........now what are they gonna try to blame it on???

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja

Goddamn media...watch all the "roid rage " talk come to a halt and the media will spin it to make themselves look good.

I swear they have no ****ing credibility anymore, all the 'roid rage" talk and how steroids cause this cause that..now that the results are back it only further proves they are ****ing clueless morons.

And also watch how they WON'T go after the Xanax and painkiller market and start blaming them for all this.
    Yup it's ridiculous and everybody believes what the news tell them. They will still point the finger at steroids and keep the painkiller talk under the radar.

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    that because so many powerful people are hopped up on painkillers and xanax, valium, etc, "legally"

Quote Originally Posted by tadpoleboyy
    that because so many powerful people are hopped up on painkillers and xanax, valium, etc, "legally"

Yep, can't lose that FDA funding.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Thats good. Shove that up Fox News's aass. Chanel's full of idiots.

Just more evidence AGAINST "roid rage ".

Serotonin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja

Yea there aren't many credible reporters or even unbiased ones for that matter. I mainly stick to CNN or 20/20 once in a while. I watch Fox news to laugh and/or help with constipation. That news channel is full of the biggest psycho zealots I've ever seen.

After seeing stuff like this I force myself to sit back and just relax for a second because I get so enraged. The only solace I find is in the fact that maybe there are just a handful of human beings out there that aren't totally fcking retarded with some bullshit religious philosophy or just plain fckin ignorant in general. Even if there are a few people who keep open minds and actually attempt to learn and question authority then I can breathe easy...

Thats all I can do to keep calm whenever I watch the media because I can't light a fcking match to detonate the heads of 99.9% of the human race.

DAMNIT!

i like that, "a ten month supply every four months".

just saw a poll on aol

"Do you think steroids had a role in Benoit killing his family and himself?"

84% said yes. What a joke.

72% said that congress should investigate steroids in WWE...wow

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    saw it on several news reports and they all started by saying "Investigators found anabolic steroids and other drugs in Chris Benoit's system. He had 10x the normal levels of testosterone " They never mention the xanax or hydrocordone..all they said were pain killers and anti anxiety meds...pathetic media..still trying to blame steroids

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    there gonna find another way to get steroids into this since its all they been accusing

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    they said on the radio today he had 10x the normal level of test in his system...thats gonna hurt us...

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Where the **** does it say "10x" anywhere?

Thats 1000mg/wk of Test...

Pfft....

i think his test/epitest ratio was 10:1

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i just heard it on a radio show here in calgary alberta canada, home of bret hitman hart and close to where Benoit went to school...so its a big thing here and on the radio a lot....not saying it is right, just letting you know it is followed closely here and that all

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    saw it on several news reports and they all started by saying "Investigators found anabolic steroids and other drugs in Chris Benoit's system. He had 10x the normal levels of testosterone" They never mention the xanax or hydrocordone..all they said were pain killers and anti anxiety meds...pathetic media..still trying to blame steroids
    I'm not arguing but according to what i heard the xanax and hydro were all in the normal therapeutic ranges.

But i heard the son had xanax in him too.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    I'm not arguing but according to what i heard the xanax and hydro were all in the normal therapeutic ranges.

But i heard the son had xanax in him too.
    yeah i think so too..the point is they always say "steroids and other drugs" they dont like to point out the names of the other drugs b/c the pharm companies and big govt make tons of money off them! Nothing better for those companies than loading everybody with even a slight problem up with anti depressants and anti anxiety drugs!

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    cuz pharmaceutical companies have a very bigt influence in politics and economy, they are powerful. I have a slight problem, can i get some xanax and vicodins? that would be nice...

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    according to my calculations, thats 2 grams a week....

not once does the media realize that every other pro level athlete is on about the same probably

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    how did you come up with that? That sound a lot higher then i would have guessed but I'm guessing

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    That is way off. Your body does not produce 200mg test a week LOL.

Not even near that. I believe its around 60mg a week or so..which makes 10x the normal look very believable at say-600mg/week. That is a fairly normal range dose IMO

this is where I am coming up with 2 grams guys

I am assuming He was supposed to get 200 mg per week......*roughly

10 month, 40 week supply, being used up in 4 weeks

200mg (40 weeks)= 8000 mg

8000mgusedin4weeks / 4weeks

=2000 mg

Thread Information