Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RoadToRecovery is offline Senior Member

Do you believe in ghosts??

Ok soo I live in a house in PA with a a dude that im stationed with here. House isnt that nice be isnt bad either. Anyway, all my life i felt like i was always being followed so to speak by "ghosts". Sounds funny right? It actually got to the point where ive gotten used to it and sometimes its so hard to ignore. my pitbull pup usually sits by my side all day long. She waits for me in my room and when i come home from work she is always by my side but for the first time today she went downstairs by her self which is very rare while i was on the computer. I walk into the kitchen where the basement steps are and i hear her crying. Im alone in the house right now and i know all the doors are locked, so i peak down the steps into the basement and she is sitting there at the bottom of the steps just staring into the next room. I called her up stairs and she hesitated but than came up. As we are walking back to my room, I get this incredibly strong smell of cinnamon. I dont own any cinnamon and no one was hear all day to cook anything with cinnamon in it.

So i stop, and the smell just went away. So as im typing this, my pup once again leaves and is back down stairs. Now, this isnt the first time anything like this has happened. Ive been woken up in this house by someone calling my name when no one is home. Actually sounds exactly like my mother. And then the stereotypical doors slamming shut, knobs turning, doors opening, shit moving on its own. The most obvious event to occur was a door swinging open as i walked by it a few weeks ago. and I mean SWUNG open. This shit is soo weird... any suggestions lol?

Ha ok... for the first time ever i just got the SHIT scared out of me... like the worst heart in throat feeling ever.... I go to turn the tv on for the dog and she is standing next to me.... and im changing the channel and she barked at the window... New shorts please!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    My mom said she once saw a ghost of a female following me up the stairs one night. Freaked everyone out in my house.

I was upset...... i would have rather it been a male ghost

I don't believe in ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life

............ew.

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't know, I believe in God/Angels/Demons, I've always wanted to goto one of those supposed haunted places that they have on some of those TV shows and see if some crazy stuff happens.

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dece870717
    I don't know, I believe in God/Angels/Demons, I've always wanted to goto one of those supposed haunted places that they have on some of those TV shows and see if some crazy stuff happens.
    exactly! Wouldn't it be fun to grab a bunch of your buddies and spend the nite at some haunted place???

Conservative is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    My mom said she once saw a ghost of a female following me up the stairs one night. Freaked everyone out in my house.

I don't believe in ghost.

Maybe your mom was dreaming....or hoping.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    That's some weird sh*t man. I've only had one strange experience that I can't explain, but I'm still very skeptical when it comes to the supernatural.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Negative.

BOOST is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    Negative.

How about all the documented cases from non religious freaks, do you not believe them as well. There are thousands

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I believe...

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    Thta is some spooky shit bro. Where I went to college the 5th floor of our dorm had been closed off since the 1950's (historic building). The legend is that a black mass was performed up there and one of the kids was killed as a sacrafice. I went to a franciscan school so the that's what the black mass thing is all about (antichrist type shit). The kid was on the track team way back when and at times you can hear his spirit running down the halls. Now that is more of an urban legend, but the real freaky thing is that one night when I was coming back from practice in the winter I was looking at the building from a distance and I swear to god I saw a flcikering light (like a candel) in a window up there. Another night me and my roomate swear we saw someone in the same exact window with a hobit on. Now the kicker. One day I get back from classes and the cops are all over the building, and you there is busted glass all over the courtyard. THE SAME 5th story window was busted out... FROM THE INSIDE OUT!... There is absolutely no way for a student or anyone othere then maintnance to get up to that floor since the doors are steel and have a million locks on them. The school paper printed a huge article about the 'ghost' and stuff but it was pulled by so that it didnt cause a panic at school... So aside from heresay how do I know that this black mass and kid were killed you ask? Well my uncle was a freshman when it happend, and it was the kid across the hall from him that was killed.

Oh ya, and on a lighter note after I told my uncle all the freaky shit that was going on that semester he said that it was the ghost trying to get back at him through me and that I should watch out. Especially since I was put in the same room as my uncle when he attended. Which means.... I was across the hall from the dead kid! spppppppppppppppppppooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkyyyyyyyyy

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lifts-a-lot
    Oh ya, and on a lighter note after I told my uncle all the freaky shit that was going on that semester he said that it was the ghost trying to get back at him through me and that I should watch out. Especially since I was put in the same room as my uncle when he attended. Which means.... I was across the hall from the dead kid! spppppppppppppppppppooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkyyyyyyyyy
    yeah that is a little creepy

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    I 100% beleivein ghosts. The house I use to live in and grew up in all my life was haunted. Drros being slamed, my stuff being moved, hearing voices, hearing people run upstaires when nobody else is in the house, my sister being grabed and her name screamed in her face when nobody is their, the list goes on forever. I think its because my house and neighborhood was were the shoshone indians use to live. Growing up their was this weired hill in the woods that was like 3.5ft tall and a perfect squar and about 20ft long and wide, it just dont look like it was natural. Anyways, we always said it was a indian burial ground. Then come to find out it really was one, because somebody tried putting a target, or a wall mart their or something and they werent allowed to because it was a registered burial site.

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    im a believer, hard not to if u believe in God and scripture

Quote Originally Posted by bpm1
    im a believer, hard not to if u believe in God and scripture
    Thing is though scripture says that once you die you go straight to judgment. God won't let souls just sit around on earth so technically those "ghosts" wouldn't really be peoples souls they would most likely be demons/fallen angels taking the shape and/or appearance of people that have died. Well thats the explanation that I have read about because of the fact that you go straight to judgment upon death and either end up in heaven or hell. Plus I think it makes more sense that it would be demons considering what the "ghosts" usually end up doing, its like why would dead people want to do that to you?
    Last edited by dece870717; 07-14-2007 at 12:10 PM.

Thing is though scripture says that once you die you go straight to judgment. God won't let souls just sit around on earth so technically those "ghosts" wouldn't really be peoples souls they would most likely be demons/fallen angels taking the shape and/or appearance of people that have died. Well thats the explanation that I have read about because of the fact that you go straight to judgment upon death and either end up in heaven or hell. Plus I think it makes more sense that it would be demons considering what the "ghosts" usually end up doing, its like why would dead people want to do that to you?

Now what about Pergatory (sp). I feel stupid for asking this since I am Catholic, but isn't that a stage as well at judgement? I have always heard that this is where most ghosts/ spirits come from.

Now what about Pergatory (sp). I feel stupid for asking this since I am Catholic, but isn't that a stage as well at judgement? I have always heard that this is where most ghosts/ spirits come from.
    Purgatory is a Catholic only belief, I am Baptist and I have my reasons for not believing in that place.

i think there r many explanations for evil spirits depending on ur religion, those to make sense to me although i think there r more

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Ok, I'll share my creepy experience too. I was on a seminar, staying at the Menger hotel in San Antonio. I had gotten to sleep, and woke up a little while later and my covers were on the floor. I didn't think too much of it, so I just drug the covers back up on the bed and went back to sleep. I woke up freezing cold a little while later, again uncovered, and when I went to get the covers off the floor they were folded neatly laying beside the bed. It really freaked me out. That was at about 4am so I just stayed up for the rest of the night. Not much to it but weird none the less.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    im a ghost

oh, okay... Wasn't sure. I am actually ashamed I don't know more about my religion. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

oh, okay... Wasn't sure. I am actually ashamed I don't know more about my religion. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    Don't be ashamed, you'd be amazed at how many people don't know jack about the religion they belong to, I used to be one of those people and then stuff happened.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    I wish somone could expalin this one for me

Get ready for this...

in the late night, like 1-3 in the morning range

1. in the bedroom- all of the appliances are unplugged just to test this
    2. IN the corner of the room, you can legitamately here a woman's voice....f"n legitimately here a woman's voice takling. freaking out of no where, in the corner of the room, undisputedly, you can hear her voice
    3. What makes it a grey area is this. It almost sounds like a radio or a dispatch. You will hear her talk, then every once in a while a chhhhshsh static thing, talk somemore then chhhshsh static thing. You cant make out what she is saying, you can just here that she is talking. when she is talking, it seems clear and with no static or anything, the static seems to interrupt her, rather than her stop talking i think. its pretty smooth while she is talking, its just really wierd, how you cant hear what she is saying, its like its loud, her voice is loud, but its like she not takiing loud enough to hear what she is saying. its really hard to explain
    4. In terms of how many nights this happens, i cant really answer that without talking to my grandma. She said it happens from time to time. their will be really long periods where it doesnt happen. Its been happening for the 5 years she has lived there, they bought the place brand new. However, its not unordinary for ghosts to follow people, so just because the house is new doesnt necessarily mean anything. Again , i "think" she said it will happen in clusters. it will happen for a while, then wont happen period for very long perdiods of time.
    6. When this happens, their is not a sight to be seen outside. no police cars, nobody, no nothing outside.
    7. It is possible that somthing in the house is picking up some kind of frequency. But what are the odds of somthing, all electronics being turned off and unplugged, of somthing of the house or part of the house itself picking up a frequncy allowing you to hear somones voice.
    8. When my grandma talks about it, extrmely extremely religious by the way, she wont tell you what she thinks one way or the other, she is split on the decision.

This is really interesting. I would really like some input on this. See what people have to say about frequencies, or if they think its a ghost

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04

Get ready for this...

2. IN the corner of the room, you can legitamately here a woman's voice....f"n legitimately here a woman's voice takling. freaking out of no where, in the corner of the room, undisputedly, you can hear her voice
    3. What makes it a grey area is this. It almost sounds like a radio or a dispatch. You will hear her talk, then every once in a while a chhhhshsh static thing, talk somemore then chhhshsh static thing. You cant make out what she is saying, you can just here that she is talking. when she is talking, it seems clear and with no static or anything, the static seems to interrupt her, rather than her stop talking i think. its pretty smooth while she is talking, its just really wierd, how you cant hear what she is saying, its like its loud, her voice is loud, but its like she not takiing loud enough to hear what she is saying. its really hard to explain
    4. In terms of how many nights this happens, i cant really answer that without talking to my grandma. She said it happens from time to time. their will be really long periods where it doesnt happen. Its been happening for the 5 years she has lived there, they bought the place brand new. However, its not unordinary for ghosts to follow people, so just because the house is new doesnt necessarily mean anything. Again , i "think" she said it will happen in clusters. it will happen for a while, then wont happen period for very long perdiods of time.
    6. When this happens, their is not a sight to be seen outside. no police cars, nobody, no nothing outside.
    7. It is possible that somthing in the house is picking up some kind of frequency. But what are the odds of somthing, all electronics being turned off and unplugged, of somthing of the house or part of the house itself picking up a frequncy allowing you to hear somones voice.
    8. When my grandma talks about it, extrmely extremely religious by the way, she wont tell you what she thinks one way or the other, she is split on the decision.

This is really interesting. I would really like some input on this. See what people have to say about frequencies, or if they think its a ghost
    sounds like a spirit to me given the story, what else could it be?

Get ready for this...

IS THE HOME NEAR A POLICE STATION? MY PARENTS HOME IS NEAR ONE AND AT TIMES YOU COULD HEAR VOICES AND STATIC BUT THEN ONE NIGHT THE 'VOICES' WERE REALLY CLEAR AND WE FIGURED OUT THAT IT WAS THE RADIO FREQUENCY JUST COMING THROUGH TO THE HOUSE. WE DON'T KNOW HOW IT COMES OVER THOUGH BECAUSE WE HEARD IT IN A ROOM THAT HAD NO TV'S/RADIOS IN IT. JUST MY TWO CENTS ON IT.

IS THE HOME NEAR A POLICE STATION? MY PARENTS HOME IS NEAR ONE AND AT TIMES YOU COULD HEAR VOICES AND STATIC BUT THEN ONE NIGHT THE 'VOICES' WERE REALLY CLEAR AND WE FIGURED OUT THAT IT WAS THE RADIO FREQUENCY JUST COMING THROUGH TO THE HOUSE. WE DON'T KNOW HOW IT COMES OVER THOUGH BECAUSE WE HEARD IT IN A ROOM THAT HAD NO TV'S/RADIOS IN IT. JUST MY TWO CENTS ON IT.
    whats up wit the fuxing caps!!
    thats not near as fun as thinking its a ghost

thats pretty much one answer I was looking for......as much as it is cool to believe in ghosts, you always gotta look at other possible rational explanations first...........

Thing is, no, their is absolutely no police station anywhere near by, or no cars patrolling any where near that we can see

Now, it doesnt have to be a police frequency, could be anythng.....

BOth our stories really freaking confuse me.....Don't you have to have a speaker, which is turned on, to play a frequency?

ghosts, or straight up just picking up a frequency, either one is still really really mind boggling in both our situations

i have heard it myself also

Sorry for the caps^^

Here is a link to see where any hauntings or urban legends have happend in every place in the US. It is pretty cool!

http://theshadowlands.net/places/

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Here is a link to see where any hauntings or urban legends have happend in every place in the US. It is pretty cool!

http://theshadowlands.net/places/
    lol I was looking up some area's up in PA were I have family and look at this load of BS

"Johnstown - Bishop McCort High School - It is said that if you go into former teacher’s room and turn out the lights and say "good morning Deac" 3 times then he appears on the chalkboard and grants you 3 wishes. Good luck to all. "

wtf that's the biggest load of shit I've ever heard hahahahah.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I believed in ghosts when I was young I felt things touch me at night. Later I found out it was my dad so I dont believe in them now.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexed
    I believed in ghosts when I was young I felt things touch me at night. Later I found out it was my dad so I dont believe in them now.
    are you being serious or is that a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexed
    Wait, when did it become wrong for my dd to touch me at night?

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    cmom be serious ghosts are bs just like leprichauns and fairies,if everyone that had ever died had a ghost the planet would be over-run with spooks they would be in the news every day,but why stop there humans rnt the only life form on this planet what about the animals and insects do they have spirits too,so where r thier ghosties

load of old tripe,get a grip guys,ghosts my arse

Quote Originally Posted by scaramouche
    cmom be serious ghosts are bs just like leprichauns and fairies,if everyone that had ever died had a ghost the planet would be over-run with spooks they would be in the news every day,but why stop there humans rnt the only life form on this planet what about the animals and insects do they have spirits too,so where r thier ghosties

Why would the world be overrun with ghosts? That would assume that every soul would wander the earth when they die. And the animal thing would assume everything else would have a soul, has far as I know the soul is something God only gave to man. But this is all of course weather you believe in supernatural things like God.
    Last edited by dece870717; 07-14-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scaramouche

what if somthing happened to you, that had no rational explanation?

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    what if somthing happened to you, that had no rational explanation?
    lmfao cmon ur a grown man get real,absolutely everthing has a rational explanation,show me 1 shred of conclusive proof that ghosts exist and i dont mean those wackos with the fake haunted house reality tv shit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information