outofthebox is offline Associate Member

passed out in the gym today...

workin legs...changed up my workout from high weight low reps to high rep, high set, and low weight....i was also taking almost no rest between sets....and as soon as i finished my 6th sets of squats i was feelin dizzy so i sat down...then i remember wakin up with people shakin me on the floor....anybody else experience a pass out while workin out?

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by outofthebox
    workin legs...changed up my workout from high weight low reps to high rep, high set, and low weight....i was also taking almost no rest between sets....and as soon as i finished my 6th sets of squats i was feelin dizzy so i sat down...then i remember wakin up with people shakin me on the floor....anybody else experience a pass out while workin out?
    Wow that's intense... No not yet, close... It was a leg day like yours and I get a buzzing sensation and my vision gets a little weird but after sitting down it usually gets better...

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    never passed out but ive puked more than my share of times, only on leg days of course

Never passed out but came close a couple times mostly legs or back day

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Never passed out, but have blacked out just for a moment several times.

Superhuman is offline Banned
    wow that would be scary but kind of cool... I like getting attention - especially some hottie giving me CPR that would be nice

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I got very very close to passing out, was doing leg curls and then all of a sudden I hear this loud snap sound and basically I pinched my sciatic nerve and I got dizzy as hell and felt like I was going to puke and I just went and layed down for a while till I felt better and just went home after that.

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    H'Awesome. Ni'yce Set!!

Signed,
    H'Arnold.

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    wow that would be scary but kind of cool... I like getting attention - especially some hottie giving me CPR that would be nice
    yeah too bad i woke up to my workout partner (dude) shakin me and slappin my face to get me to come back...bad thing is when i fell off the bench i think i face planted...my nose hurts like hell and my two front teeth are all sore...i wish i could have had the luck of a hottie giving me CPR

Superhuman is offline Banned
    yeah too bad i woke up to my workout partner (dude) shakin me and slappin my face to get me to come back...bad thing is when i fell off the bench i think i face planted...my nose hurts like hell and my two front teeth are all sore...i wish i could have had the luck of a hottie giving me CPR
    lol, well good thing you aren't hurt - it could have been worse and happened WHILE you were squatting. Drink more water and really focuse on your breathing next time. If you feel yourself starting to get light-headed then immediately stop your set, don't try to be tough and get in more reps because it's not worth the risk. I've had a few times where on heavy sets of squats and leg press I started to go black and it scared the shit out of me. On the positive side, at least you know you're working hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    lol, well good thing you aren't hurt - it could have been worse and happened WHILE you were squatting. Drink more water and really focuse on your breathing next time. If you feel yourself starting to get light-headed then immediately stop your set, don't try to be tough and get in more reps because it's not worth the risk. I've had a few times where on heavy sets of squats and leg press I started to go black and it scared the shit out of me. On the positive side, at least you know you're working hard!
    yeah, this actually isnt the first time i've passed out shortly after working legs...i have extremely low blood pressure, so its not unlike me to pass out...either way, it is definately an indicator that i was pushin hard =)

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I passed out on the elliptical machine a few years ago when I was dieting the WRONG way. I was totally malnourished and pushing myself to the brink of a very unhealthy lifestyle. Luckily, I found people and sites like this to direct me towards the correct way to eat/train.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bpm1
    never passed out but ive puked more than my share of times, only on leg days of course
    same here.... I've come close during high intensity though - started to get the tunnel vision but stopped in time.

i did, however, get a nice round of applause a couple years ago when working legs... felt it coming, ran into the locker room and lost the cookies. came out of the stall to a few bros standing there smiling and clapping..... Lol.. I was going to pack it in but felt compelled to finish the workout after the nice recognition.

IG

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    if i passed out while lifting weights i would go to the doctor. i hope i never do.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    just a few days ago this girl was working out passed out lucky I and this other guy was there gave her some water. She was passed out for good 3 min gave me a scare but she was ok.

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    watch your diet, you prob became hypoglycemic, what are you taking?

Quote Originally Posted by lightwaytbaby
    watch your diet, you prob became hypoglycemic, what are you taking?
    what am i taking in reference to what? gear? (nothin at all....yet...) my problem right now is really just my blood pressure, its wayyy to low...i dont like the blood pressure meds from the doc cause they give me bad headaches, doc say its not that bad and if i can handle the pass out thing im all good....and the passing out thing isnt an issue, i know when its going to happen so i get about a 15 second headstart to set down whatever im doing and sit down...really when i pass out, its like blood pooling, some people throw up from it, i pass out...lets me know im pushin hard enough tho =)

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    what am i taking in reference to what? gear? (nothin at all....yet...) my problem right now is really just my blood pressure, its wayyy to low...i dont like the blood pressure meds from the doc cause they give me bad headaches, doc say its not that bad and if i can handle the pass out thing im all good....and the passing out thing isnt an issue, i know when its going to happen so i get about a 15 second headstart to set down whatever im doing and sit down...really when i pass out, its like blood pooling, some people throw up from it, i pass out...lets me know im pushin hard enough tho =)
    ok so no gear...thats ok. are you taking any thing like no-xplode or anything like that? no2? all of these are vaso-dialators, and can contribute to your hypotension. whats is your normal resting bp?

Thread Information