what do you think?

this may be a question for a diff. subforum but whatever....

do u guys think a doctor will prescribe avodart (dutasteride) for hair loss even though its not made for hair loss? i can get it without a prescription but if i can get a prescription it will be a lot cheaper through insurance.

i dont have a doctor so i dont wanna find a doctor, set an appt and pay for it for nothing....

Tesla is offline Member
    It depends on the doctor. Prescribing a medication for something that it's not intended for is called "off-label." It's fairly common with doctors. For example, the drug modafinil (provigil) is a drug that is intended for people with narcilepsy. Doctor's routinely prescribe it "off-label" for depression, chronic fatigue and other things.

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    Quote Originally Posted by pgilligan10
    this may be a question for a diff. subforum but whatever....

do u guys think a doctor will prescribe avodart (dutasteride) for hair loss even though its not made for hair loss? i can get it without a prescription but if i can get a prescription it will be a lot cheaper through insurance.

i dont have a doctor so i dont wanna find a doctor, set an appt and pay for it for nothing....
    it really depends on the doc bro, there are some shady ones out there, but i highly doubt it bro.especially if its your family practice doc.

damnnnn that suxx i guess i wont even bother then.... would have saved me A LOT of money tho haha...

just thought id update on this for u who r interested. i went to a new doctor. he was really chill, i asked his opinion about using avodart for hair loss. pretty much prescribed it to me right away.... mailed the prescription in to my insurance company. they called me and told me that i had to get my doctor to call them and tell them it was for a legitimate non cosmetic reason.... obviously he couldnt lie to them so they mailed me back the prescription so that i could get it but i would have to pay the whole thing. just went to rite aid to ask how much it would cost w/o insurance (90 days @ .5mg a day) ...

$399 FVCK THAT

Thread Information