Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OPSTER is offline Associate Member

Whats the closest shaving razor out there?

I hate shaving and still having that little shadow... I figure a site like this that's totally male dominated should have a few tips on how to get a clean/close shave?

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    im a fan of the gillette mach 3 turbo, the one that vibrates to make the hair stand up

it feels good when you shave your balls too

stuball is offline Banned
    Mach3, imo, its gotta be the best razor and seller, because there always out of razors, and they cost a fortune..

stuball is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan86
    im a fan of the gillette mach 3 turbo, the one that vibrates to make the hair stand up
    The hair on you ass ???

Quote Originally Posted by stuball
    The hair on you ass ???
    what about my ass hair

pwerfll1 is offline Banned
    just go with a good womans throw away model they got sum jel or something on em nice and smooth. my wife gets all them bullshit 30 $ razors free ive tried em all save ur cash buy a 6 pack of these

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Mach 3 with a good gel cream. Don't forget to wash your face and put a hot damp towel over your face for a good 20-30 seconds before shaving, it opens up the pours to give a closer shave.

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    Mach 3 with the old fashion Barbasol

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i have found the nodachi to be the best blade for that job.

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Yup, I'm going with everyone else the Mach 3 is way better than the rest. the ones with 4 and 5 blades you think would be better but they aren't. And the Mach 3's vary as well, you have to get the Mach 3 Power, the one that vibrates. After using that I can't use the regular one anymore. It's the one that's greenish.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    Yup, I'm going with everyone else the Mach 3 is way better than the rest. the ones with 4 and 5 blades you think would be better but they aren't. And the Mach 3's vary as well, you have to get the Mach 3 Power, the one that vibrates. After using that I can't use the regular one anymore. It's the one that's greenish.
    yea thats the one i said was the best before

Rye_guy is offline Member
    straight razor. takes a good hand to use it, but the best shave you'll ever get. plus they look pretty bad ass, feel all gangster when I shave me face. lol

good call, my barber uses a straight razor on me when i go there, id F up if i used one myself though

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye_guy
    straight razor. takes a good hand to use it, but the best shave you'll ever get. plus they look pretty bad ass, feel all gangster when I shave me face. lol
    Yes brotha. I have been sayin this for years, every man should try this and I guarantee they will never go back.
    I started using one about 4 years ago or so and will never use a mach 3 again. I did use a mach 3 about 2 weeks ago when I was out of town and forgot my straight blade, I felt like a little kid. Honestly it feels like im riding a bike with trainign wheels on it when I use one, you can shave with one of those drunk with your eyes closed and not cut yourself, real shaving should use skill and a mans hand.

OPSTER is offline Associate Member
    Does a straight razor shave closer?

straight razers are sick if you know how to use one.....i dont which is dissapointing

blades for the mach3 have been the most stolen item in the uk for the last 3 years.
    i use a quattro.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I use this:

Usually after dicing some veggies.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by donniebrasco
    blades for the mach3 have been the most stolen item in the uk for the last 3 years.
    i use a quattro.
    thats wiered

Rye_guy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Yes brotha. I have been sayin this for years, every man should try this and I guarantee they will never go back.
    I started using one about 4 years ago or so and will never use a mach 3 again. I did use a mach 3 about 2 weeks ago when I was out of town and forgot my straight blade, I felt like a little kid. Honestly it feels like im riding a bike with trainign wheels on it when I use one, you can shave with one of those drunk with your eyes closed and not cut yourself, real shaving should use skill and a mans hand.

aye, My grandfather used to use one, and when I found them a few years back I had to swap over.

I tell you, practice makes perfect and boy does practice suck. few nicks here n there but once you get the hand of it, its not bad. its a real skill. Real men shave with straigh razors!

anything else is childs play, we're men! step up to the plate like Bino and I. lol

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    it feels good when you shave your balls too
    I use Nair, faster and easier.

godkilla is offline Senior Member

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Shick Quatro for me, and i am one hairy MOFO.... i shave everything if i have time and it is super close, i know havin 4 blades is gay and i was against it but damn its a close shave for sure....Bino i think i am going to try the straight bladde approach, i just need to find one...if i dont have time to shave then i use Nair and it works super good... razor blades are the #1 stolen thing at every pharmacy...think about it, you have to pay 20bucks for 6 blades and they dont last long at all...

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Mach3 power ehhh? Im gonna get that today.

I use Nair, faster and easier.
    As I as well.

Bino all of a sudden I see you as Hugh Hefner. Bath robe, pipe and your trusty blade in hand.

daytrader is offline Member
    +1 , i thought it was stupid at first, but honestly it shaves so much closer than the non vibrating one lol

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    Bino all of a sudden I see you as Hugh Hefner. Bath robe, pipe and your trusty blade in hand.
    Oh you know it man. You should see me on weekends when I get breakfast in bed.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Oh you know it man. You should see me on weekends when I get breakfast in bed.

I can see it being presented like this? Looking quite content and satisfied. Yeah it does seem like you have a very close shave.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPSTER
    Does a straight razor shave closer?
    Yep. Once you learn how (there's a learning curve with these things), it's a lot better.
    The best shaving cream I've found to use with straight razors is Molle Brushless Shaving Cream. It's super-thick, and somehow, it reduces cuts and nicks. Do a web-search and you'll find some somewhere . . . it's made by a company named "Lucky Tiger."

Here are two articles on how to use a straight razor:

http://premiumknives.com/ShopSite/Pr...ght_Razor.html

http://www.motherearthnews.com/DIY/1...ght-Razor.aspx

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Yeh shaving cream is just as important as the razor. I NEVER recommend the actual cream, ALWAYS use the gel, always has better lubrication.

Razorwise I'm a fanatic. I went from Mach 3 for a few years to Shick Quatro, than I noticed Shick Quatro's actually get dull quicker and you get more sharper shaves out of Mach 3. So I went back to Mach for a little more. THan I said fvck that this shit is a rip off because I shave everyday and go through shitloads of refills.
    So I've been trying different razors out. Right now Im actually using the double bladed shick disposable, its like 10 bucks for 10 but I actually noticed I get 3 nice shaves out of them before they start getting scratchy and Mach 3's didnt last much longer at all, maybe 1 more shave at the most. So I actually go with the cheap shick razors now but I forgot the exact name of them sorry.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    I use the Gel dispensing Norelco...I havent found anything that gives me a better shave plus its fast and easy....

As far as razors go, since I shave almost every part of my body...right now I use the Gilette Fusion...I use to use a Mach 3...its a good razor but damn, if I shave my chest I get ONE good day out of it before i have stubble back on my chest again, its really damn frustratin...for shavin the body I guess it doesnt really matter I just try to use the best thing out to reduce razor burn since I have to shave so often...

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    Yeh shaving cream is just as important as the razor. I NEVER recommend the actual cream, ALWAYS use the gel, always has better lubrication.

Razorwise I'm a fanatic. I went from Mach 3 for a few years to Shick Quatro, than I noticed Shick Quatro's actually get dull quicker and you get more sharper shaves out of Mach 3. So I went back to Mach for a little more. THan I said fvck that this shit is a rip off because I shave everyday and go through shitloads of refills.
    So I've been trying different razors out. Right now Im actually using the double bladed shick disposable, its like 10 bucks for 10 but I actually noticed I get 3 nice shaves out of them before they start getting scratchy and Mach 3's didnt last much longer at all, maybe 1 more shave at the most. So I actually go with the cheap shick razors now but I forgot the exact name of them sorry.
    i still say the nodachi is by far the best blade for a close shave... but mach3 is close 2nd.

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member

ultraaman is offline New Member
    On my face, I use Fusion - 5 blades baby! More is always better. For other areas, I use the Mach 3. The head is pretty narrow (hehehehe - I said 'head') and can get into those hard to reach crevices.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    mach 3, for sure. ive been shaving my head and face since i was 16...mach 3 gives me a closer shave than anything else

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    agreed

batlin is offline Associate Member
    I like using my buck knife.. hey if it can scale a fish it can shave my face!

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    mach 3 all the way

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Fusion all the way.

sonnygll is offline Member
    I've been pretty happy with a Schick Quattro and regular barbasol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information