Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    if you have an MBA and aren't making close to 100k/year, your not investing in the right areas.
    My dads a dentist and makes close to 500K/year, honestly, 120K/year really is not much when you have a family to raise and kids in college.
    Go to school before its too late....knowledge is power.
    First off 120k/year is a lot of money when it is tax free and it is enough for a family (assuming the wife works)... how do I know?? both my parents work for less than that a year and do just fine and we don't live in some rundown neighborhood. Secondly HE IS SINGLE I am going to college, but it isn't this holy shrine of infinite knowledge that people think it is. I have a couple of friends who have never gone to college and are easily able to retire within a few years. Besides he is investing intelligently or so it seems so he most likely will be fine.

Stock is offline Member
    When are you guys going to uderstand that it's not how much you make, but how much you spend that counts??? The biggest advantage he has right now is that he can save a lot of his income and it's tax free on top of it. In that tax bracket, he would have to make $200K to match his tax free earnings here in the US. IMO, ride taht train as long as you can, eventually it will stop. Then decide if you want to go back to school. Until that happens, take a class or two each semester online.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    ^^agreed,
    my point was making 120K/year isn't much when your raising a family with kids and saving money can be a challenge but whatever.

deeznutts is offline Associate Member
    Here's the straight scoop from a self made millionaire..... If you earn 100k per yr. you are in the top 3% of income earners. You are currently making more than 97% of all Americans. Thats no joke, plus it's tax free... ARE YOU KIDDING? TAX FREE! I dont know how you pulled that off but, that's a sweet deal. I'm a marketing strategist for some of the largest companies in the world and though I have made the better half of 175k per month there are months that are low like 10-20k. Thats a huge disparity. You are making 10k per mo like clock work. It's very easy to budget when you know whats coming every month. You also said you have been taking online courses so you have the best of both worlds. Earning a great income and improving yourself with higher education. I would keep what you have and start to build something on the side now, (business wise) maybe with a partner to help with some of the administrative duties. Once or if you can get your income to match or beat what you are currently earning, your decision will be a lot easier. You'd be a fool to drop 10k per mo and not be able to replace that or at least come close to it.

Tesla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    ^^agreed,
    my point was making 120K/year isn't much when your raising a family with kids and saving money can be a challenge but whatever.
    That depends on where you're raising a family. You have to keep this in perspective. A salary of $100k is in the top 3% of wage earners in the US.

swing lo is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutts
    Here's the straight scoop from a self made millionaire..... If you earn 100k per yr. you are in the top 3% of income earners. You are currently making more than 97% of all Americans. Thats no joke, plus it's tax free... ARE YOU KIDDING? TAX FREE! I dont know how you pulled that off but, that's a sweet deal. I'm a marketing strategist for some of the largest companies in the world and though I have made the better half of 175k per month there are months that are low like 10-20k. Thats a huge disparity. You are making 10k per mo like clock work. It's very easy to budget when you know whats coming every month. You also said you have been taking online courses so you have the best of both worlds. Earning a great income and improving yourself with higher education. I would keep what you have and start to build something on the side now, (business wise) maybe with a partner to help with some of the administrative duties. Once or if you can get your income to match or beat what you are currently earning, your decision will be a lot easier. You'd be a fool to drop 10k per mo and not be able to replace that or at least come close to it.

Note taken once again. As I said I will keep going to school online out here and keep saving this dough. I have already been in talks with some potential business partners to create a lucrative service to people. I humbly thank everyone for their advice in this matter.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. In fact I have at least....4 friends I can think right now doing the exact same thing. We all spent time in the military. I wouldn't be surprised if you are doing the exact same thing they are... They are a little older, now around 30. (not that that has a lot to do with anything) but I KNOW that if they had done this when they were your age, they would have went crazy spending it and partying, and kept the job and not done school. Now however, 2 have their degrees already, 2 do not. All have been doing this job not for long but enough that they have 6 digits in the bank. Now none of them really like working as DoD Contractors or what not, but they dont hate it either, and the pay is awesome (even if you just work in DC/Tampa/etc) and dont go overseas. But even thought the money was awesome doing what you do, to them it was a little temporary thing.. a little nest egg if you will. 1 of them has just bought a killer place in DC and has been talking to Specialized and is going to open a Specialized bike shop/repair/etc..which is great.. He took the money he made doing something he didnt really like and now hes going to do something as a career that he REALLY loves. So, I say, dont be greedy (though its hard), youve got quite a good savings... Get out, go to school and get your degree in something you really want to do. You have your college paid for. You could if you wanted, not work at all during college and just concentrate on school. Or work, whatever. Then when you get done, keep on saving and live comfortably and have a career as something you love.

However, if you really like what you are doing, and you could do it forever (or at least a very long time), then I would continue slowly taking online courses and working this job.

pumpd4lif is offline Senior Member
    tax FREE! holy SHIT BRO! suck it up make the money.i would do that till i was 33 and then move back to the states bro u would have so much money saved up and ur options would be limitlessssssssssss!
    do it really 10 years of work to retire at 33 HOLY SHIT!
    i would do it and ejoy saving alll that money rest assured!
    dont be a fool
    10 years isnt shit when ur 23 bro
    im 30 wow and if i could ...say work for 10 years straight at 10 g,s a month
    BRO that is 1,200,000 dolars could u tighten ur wallet an live off of say 200 g,s over ten years(thats 40 grand highly capable i imagine) wow and thats not counting the 200 k u have saved already pfft give me ur oppurtunity WOW!
    Last edited by pumpd4lif; 08-26-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information