OK, here's the story ... I had a decent job at place where I had worked for 7 years, but unfortunately the place closed down. I'd like to go to school and get an office job or something that pays well and isn't too taxing on the body, but I racked up some bills that I seriously need to pay off first. Anyways, I had a friend get me a job as an apprentice electrician. Two problems ... when my friend played messenger, the boss said I'd get $9-9.50/hour to start. I got screwed at $8.50. I told my friend I'd come aboard if I got to work with him because I know how the journeymen are (a-holes). For the first couple weeks I was with him, but now I'm stuck at a crap chemical plant working with someone who I feel treats me like a b--ch and I don't feel I learn well with. Anyways, I'm not trying to be a ***** and complain but it just seems like a bunch of empty promises so far. I realize the potential down the road could be great. I just don't know if I can put up with this for that long or if this is even what I really want to do. The whole situation has me irritated/depressed. I don't want to get up and go to work in the morning. I haven't been to the gym in almost 3 months (since I started this job). The pay is just horrible. I have another job opportunity being a delivery driver. Not glamorous, I know. The pay is a little better to start, but it does have the potential for decent money within the first year. I'm kinda wondering if I should give it a shot, hopefully make decent $, pay off some bills, and then I have the option of at least looking at school once the bills are paid down. I also have a friend who I could maybe convince to teach me how to drive a rig so I can get my CDL. I'm probably just rambling, because I'm annoyed so who knows what the point of this is. Anyways, if anyone has any helpful hints/advice, shoot em my way. Also, if anyone is involved in one of the jobs mentioned, your advice about that profession would be great too. Thanks.