Does anybody have any advice? I'd really hate to see my parents split up. I know that if my mom leaves my dad will be even more of an alcoholic than what he already is. And if that happens, he won't be around much longer.

I really don't know that to do in this situation. Last night, I picked my dad up from the bar, and he confided to me that he's thinking of divorce. Mom first mentioned this about a year ago.

Tonight, my mom about cried to me telling me about how dad gets drunk, and cusses her out and what not. She said that for the anniversary they went out to dinner, and my dad was staring at another woman the whole time. As well as a few other things.

I don't know how to feel about this. I feel anger, frustration, and even guilt, because I know that some of their problems are because of me and my sister. My dad's job takes a toll on him, which I guess results with him drinking a shit ton. Also, the only things my dad's friends really ever do is go to the bar. Which is fun maybe 1-2 times a week. But he's been going a lot more lately, and when he's not at the bar, he's drinking at home.

He can't take another job because we recently moved, so we're paying rent and having another house built. My mom has been looking for a job, but to no avail yet. And I'm stuck in the middle. I heard both sides from them. I understand that Dad likes to go out and have a good time, and mom is more of the type to stay home. I know that he needs to blow off steam, because of his job. **** I don't know. I'm even guilty of going out with my dad a few times. But that's stopped a little while back because I didn't want him to get into any more trouble. In fact, I hardly ever drink anymore. I'm actually thinking about quitting drinking altogether seeing how alcohol is affecting my parent's marriage.

I mentioned counseling to my mom. She says that dad won't probably wont go, and will deny he has a drinking problem. I'm actually thinking of talking with him. I don't want to see my parents split up, and then watch my father's life go down the drain even more because of it. He's my brother and my best friend.