Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member

Saying goodbye to my pet tomorrow

I see these kinda awful threads appear now and again and I always think "i know how they'd feel if it was one of mine" and now I really do.

One of my cats has to be put down tomorrow. Two weeks ago he came in limping and wouldnt let himself be touched which is strange cause he's the friendliest most affectionate cat you could know. So he goes to the vet where its discovered that he has massive internal bruising in his right leg, his tail paralysed and his bladder destroyed as in, he cant use it. The vet said it's not consistant of a car injury but does seem like he's sustained a heavy blow which leads me to believe he's been ****ing kicked by someone.

After two weeks of being at the vets, even having accupuncture he still cant relieve himself and it makes me ****ing sad and ****ing angry.

How could anyone in their right mind do something like that to a animal, especially one far far smaller that that person? It's said that your pets give you unconditional love and they do and yet here he is, a cat that would go upto strangers to say hello and that happens to him. The worst part is he is only two.

If animals could talk I seriously think I could do time if I caught the person that did this to him.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Sorry to hear it bro, animals are just like members of the family, sorry for your loss

The bond between an owner and an animal is unlike any other. Just keep in mind that the universe has a way of evening things out (Karma). Although I'm sure you'd like to be there or dish it out yourself, but its better for you that your not. My condolences<sp>

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    all the best bro - can't be easy

Thanks guys I appreciate it and im also a believer in karma, what goes around comes around. I'm just more upset cause it's not like he's old and ready to go but because he's being forced out at the age of 2.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i'd hunt the mofo down and shiv'em

The Punnisher is offline Junior Member
    That's horrible man. My dogs are like my kids. Some people don't understand it, but I honestly view them like they are my children. I don't know what I'd do if something happen to one of them and I wasn't around to be there for them.
    Look at the bright side though if there is one bud, your cat's going painlessly with you there to comfort him.
    In the end, that's all they care about. I had to put my 3 year old boxer down with a brain tumor. She was so sick and uncomfortable, but she still perked up every time I walked in the door. Even up the last minute, she would look up at me and give me that smile that dogs do, then wag her tail a little. They know what's coming, but they don't care because your there with them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Punnisher
    That's horrible man. My dogs are like my kids. Some people don't understand it, but I honestly view them like they are my children. I don't know what I'd do if something happen to one of them and I wasn't around to be there for them.
    Look at the bright side though if there is one bud, your cat's going painlessly with you there to comfort him.
    In the end, that's all they care about. I had to put my 3 year old boxer down with a brain tumor. She was so sick and uncomfortable, but she still perked up every time I walked in the door. Even up the last minute, she would look up at me and give me that smile that dogs do, then wag her tail a little. They know what's coming, but they don't care because your there with them.

Couldnt have put it finer myself and I think until someone does own a pet that they truly love they cant know what its like when stuff like this goes down. I swear bro, seeing him tomorrow and he's gonna be all chatty and stuff and not knowing what's gonna happen is gonna kill me and I wish I could be as brave and as happy still like my cat and your dog was.

And Tai as for the shiv thing, im in such a mix of different emotions that if I knew the culprit had been shived, i'd be happy as punch and I could care less who it was.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I would beat someone within an inch of their life for fuc'n with my boy "Biggie". Good luck tomorrow, sad day.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain man... I am an all out animal lover and probably will cry when I have to put my dog or cat down, I'm just that close, I grew up with animals pretty much being thought of as family rather then pets. People that mistreat animals are truly disgusting evil people with terrible morals, hence psychologists say that animal torture is an early sign of murderous people. I'm sorry for your loss bro, but at least your cat will no longer be in pain and you did the best for him/her while they were on this Earth.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    sorry to hear mate, not a big cat fan myself but i would never want to see one get hurt. keep your head up mate.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Sorry bro. I ahve a dog and a cat and they are my kids. Couldnt imagine

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    If ever a day like that happened to me and someone hurt my dog, I would kill them. You touch my family you die.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's been almost a year since my do g passed here is a little somthing for you to help the pain a littleThe Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here,
    that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor.
    Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
    just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing;
    they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together,
    but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
    His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group,
    flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,
    you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
    The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head,
    and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet,
    so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author Unknown

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to hear that bro,,its got to be rough. Can't imagine how I would feel if something happened to my dog. Best of luck, and sorry for your loss.

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    shoot the person responsible.its quite simple.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    heart breakinf, are you sure there are not any other alternatives? did you go to a vet or an animal hospital?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I feel your pain bro. A couple years ago my daughters cat came running in with what looked like feathers sticking out of his back, I looked closer and someone had shot him with a crossbow clean through. He was a sweet cat too. I pulled the arrow out, grabbed my 9mm, and headed out scouring the neighborhood. I swear if I had seen some bastard with a crossbow I would have dropped him where he stood, stuck the arrow in my shoulder, and swore it was self defense.

just make sure that is the only option, has he seen a vet who specializes in urology? the average vets answer is to always put the animal down, but the bigger hospitals always have such better care and many more alternatives. not sure where you live, but the univ of penn hospital in philadelphia perfromed miracles for my girlfriends parents dog even when every other vets said to put the dog down.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaGetBigger
    I feel your pain bro. A couple years ago my daughters cat came running in with what looked like feathers sticking out of his back, I looked closer and someone had shot him with a crossbow clean through. He was a sweet cat too. I pulled the arrow out, grabbed my 9mm, and headed out scouring the neighborhood. I swear if I had seen some bastard with a crossbow I would have dropped him where he stood, stuck the arrow in my shoulder, and swore it was self defense.
    what the fck is wrong with people, sick fcks!!!

Perforator is offline Junior Member
    I could f***in rip someones head off for animal cruelty. Sorry to hear about your cat. I'm pissed off now.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    after you put your cat down, go straight to the pound and adopt a kitten. you wll be saving its life and it will help ease your pain. kicking a cat....what a douch bag

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    yeah' i'd never kick a kitty but when i was married my wife loved kats and we always had 2-4 of those effrrs . the kittens were EVIL (once they all got older they got fully declawed (inside kats))
    anyways she had this new baby one sleep w/ us.. and he would ALWAYS use my back as a scratching post in middle of nite.. (baby kitten claws are sharper than box knives) i'd always scream and try to smash him but she would protect him..

well one night instead of my back he used my chest. and it HURT so i grabed him and CHUNKD HIM against the clost doorlol, it wasdark so u couldnt see anything but u heard a bwamama and then errrrsshhhhractttttt.. like him slidigng down the door cartoon style.. u think harsh right (u have no idea how bad this lil fellow tormented me "Twitch" was his name... pure EVIL craved power!) he HOPS back up into bed like no big deal .. just a flesh wound.. and curls up on my ****ING FORHEAD
    i was ilke WHOA SHIT this is NOT GOOD.. so i slow reach up to remove him..
    the closer my hands go to him to grab him.. the MORE HIS CLAWS CAM OUT and started to insert into my skull. if i backd of .. he retracteded his claws.. THIS was definetly a no win situation. >:[

fenceguy is offline Associate Member
    sorry for your loss bro. that sucks bigtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    just make sure that is the only option, has he seen a vet who specializes in urology? the average vets answer is to always put the animal down, but the bigger hospitals always have such better care and many more alternatives. not sure where you live, but the univ of penn hospital in philadelphia perfromed miracles for my girlfriends parents dog even when every other vets said to put the dog down.

I live in England and havent thought about a animal hospital. However, he has been at the vets for the last two weeks and a Accupuncturist has been in to see him, she was supposed to be seeing him today and was gonna make a decision based on what her latest update woulda been. However, she's not coming in till tmo now so im praying that could be a sign and that one more day might be a miracle day for him. Im going to see him still today so I think i'll ask about animal hospitals or nuerologists, but im not sure if thats what the accupuncturist is?? Trust me, if I even think there's another way I'll take it. Thanks bro for the input.

I just wanna further say, thanks to EVERYONE that posted on this thread, it was really, really appreciated.

As you can imagine I went through a bit of a "people suck" phase but it's good knowing that a lot of you guys feel the same way and would do anything for your cats/dogs or any pets you own so once again, I fully appreciate all your comments.

I swear if by some MIRACLE the extra day thats been postponed for his final analysis is good i'll jump over the moon.

Thanks again guys, all of you.

Joemeek is offline Junior Member
    I feel for you mate, i have a cat myself and me and my girl love him to bits and i know i'd feel the same as you if anything happened to him, it's the not knowing who did it that plays on you i bet.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Some people just have a screw loose and think its funny to hurt animals...sorry for your loss bro. It wouldnt be a bad idea to do what captain said and go to the shelter and get a kitten.

Joemeek, Roidattack, thanks for the posts and yes, not knowing who it is is a bitch but im never likely to find out so I cant beat myself up too much about it.

However, ive taken a lot of what DocSust (PM sent) has said. Im gonna make a few calls at some animal hospitals and see what they say. Its not like he's lost his mind or he cant walk, he just cant go to the toilet and I dont think I can just end his life for that...not until ive taken him somewhere else where at least he'll get a second opinion and closer care.

TonyM is offline Junior Member
    sorry to here about your cat mate, I know how i`d feel if anything happened to my dog

stay strong

Joemeek is offline Junior Member
    Check you pm's Flagg

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg
    I live in England and havent thought about a animal hospital. However, he has been at the vets for the last two weeks and a Accupuncturist has been in to see him, she was supposed to be seeing him today and was gonna make a decision based on what her latest update woulda been. However, she's not coming in till tmo now so im praying that could be a sign and that one more day might be a miracle day for him. Im going to see him still today so I think i'll ask about animal hospitals or nuerologists, but im not sure if thats what the accupuncturist is?? Trust me, if I even think there's another way I'll take it. Thanks bro for the input.
    no problem dude, glad to help, an acupuncturist is NOT a neurologist or even close to one. i love acupuncture, but i would NOT base a life or death decision on their diagnosis.

just like i told you in the PM , when humans cant urinate or deficate, we dont put them down, we find ways around this until the body heals. weather it is catheritization or a colostomy, we dont kill people with the same common problem

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Hopefully you can find a solution and find a way for your cat to survive and lead a healthy life, keep us updated

timtim is offline Member
    my wife and i have 3 kitties, we had 4 but junior got cancer and we had to put him to sleep the same day we found out. it was terrible. we adopted a new one a week later (my wife was adamantly against it and crying and shit) but i made her and she was so much happier. still really sad but the new kitten knew she was sad and helped her through it.

i love all animals, especially dogs and cats. anyone who says they hate cats i say live with 1 for a month and come back to me. cats are great pets.

i hope it works out for you and your friend.

Expat is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    I am speechless with fury, and I totally agree with taiboxa. I am so sorry you have to go thru this like you are.

A big hug to you sweetheart. We are feeling your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i'd hunt the mofo down and shiv'em

when i was 13-14 some bast*** mother fu**er cut the head off my cat. in my front yard of all places. that f'd me up for awhile being that i found him there 2 peice when i got off the bus. still pisses me off. find them and beat them, wish i could have.

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Punnisher
    That's horrible man. My dogs are like my kids. Some people don't understand it, but I honestly view them like they are my children. I don't know what I'd do if something happen to one of them and I wasn't around to be there for them. Look at the bright side though if there is one bud, your cat's going painlessly with you there to comfort him.

i completely agree, ive never owned a dog before but after having one in my life for 8 years(out of his 17) im definitley converted.such a personality he had.

you also get unconditional love from them and coupled with the fact that animals are so inocent it makes them all the more appealing.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidsquirrel
    when i was 13-14 some bast*** mother fu**er cut the head off my cat. in my front yard of all places. that f'd me up for awhile being that i found him there 2 peice when i got off the bus. still pisses me off. find them and beat them, wish i could have.
    I am utterly speechless at this.... I feel like putting my hand through a wall after reading that.

pimpdawgin is offline Associate Member
    I'm sorry to hear that.
    My cat died when I was 12. Most likely hit by a car, or possibly something more intentional. I was way sadder about that than I was willing to admit (after all, people think, it's just an animal). But, yeah, it's like family.
    As for humans who cruelly injure and kill animals for "fun" or whatever, they deserve death.
    Anyways, I haven't gotten a pet since, because I am too afraid of getting attached like that again.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaGetBigger

Sounds more like a kids bow and arrow set. How did you figure it was a crossbow? A cross bow would have went clean thru a cat w/o even slowing down. A regular bow will usually go thru a deer and a crossbow is alot faster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information