Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    You don't have to quote me for me to know who you're directing your responses to, my judgemental post obviously surfaced your own judgments in me (or other people it still all judging at the end).

And its cool I have nothing against you at all. I can respect most stances people take but sometimes other people need a mirror put in front of them. And sometimes I do, I'm human & I'll admit. I just had to say some things and have. No harm no foul.
    I can respect your stance too, im not aiming any hate at you, just stating my opinion. So yeah i respect that. We're all human and we all need to step back like you said. Thanks.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic
    I can respect your stance too, im not aiming any hate at you, just stating my opinion. So yeah i respect that. We're all human and we all need to step back like you said. Thanks.
    No problem, I have more respect for a man who can step outside of an issue and see things on a larger more meaningful scale anyway.

You are much welcome.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I think it's cool.

Too many people are too concerned with "fitting in" and being like everyone else. Folks that re-invent themselves are much more interesting, IMHO . . .

A few years ago, I had a couple of tongue barbells put in. I took 'em out one day to clean 'em, and couldn't get 'em back in. But, it was interesting while it lasted. Don't think I'll do it again, though.
    But, if someone like that came to my shop looking for a job, sure, I'd consider him. My customers would adjust . . .
    Last edited by Tock; 09-03-2007 at 08:18 AM.

Stabone is offline Banned
    If someone could PLEASE post pics of successful white-collar business persons that look anything like these dudes, please do!!! It looks like crap and that is why you won't find any. It is hard enough with only have a visible tattoo. Yeah people may think that having bulging muscles are gross, BUT it won't keep you from getting a good job.

Second2None is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx
    its simple...don't judge a book by its cover.

my bro is all pierced and tatted out.....he is popular, well liked, and down to earth,,,oh yeah,,and he has a job.

then again i know some pretty freakish people that look like that lol
    dont judge a book by its cover, so go grab a book about drag queens, bring it to the gym and let me know how it works out for ya

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I work for a top 50 company in the fortune 500 and have never seen another worker within the company to have tattoo, piercing, or any other shit on their face, sewer pipes through the ears are out too if you want a decent job. If you hope to work in any job that deals with other people, you are going to be seriously limited by your "individuality."

99% 0f society say when they seee a person with buldging muscles " thats a hardworking mother****er " and when they see tattos & piecings like that they say " what a dumb **** "

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    I work for a top 50 company in the fortune 500 and have never seen another worker within the company to have tattoo, piercing, or any other shit on their face, sewer pipes through the ears are out too if you want a decent job. If you hope to work in any job that deals with other people, you are going to be seriously limited by your "individuality."
    agreed

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    like it or not this is the truth, and amorphic, not bashing, but why is it none of ur piecings are visible with clothes on? i suspect to maintain a clean cut respectable image in a work/social envirement.again im not bashing, if u want piercings great and IMO u did them correctly, where u can hide them in proffesional settings as its more appropriate and socially acceptable. the fact that u get all worked up cause people throw out an opinion on these guys is funny to me as this conversation we are having is exactly the response these attention seeking people are looking for, for u not to be able to see that is funny to me. BTW u know i love u bro im just not seeing this one with ya. i dont think anyone is saying they are bad people either, just stupid IMO to take it to that extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by bpm1
    like it or not this is the truth, and amorphic, not bashing, but why is it none of ur piecings are visible with clothes on? i suspect to maintain a clean cut respectable image in a work/social envirement.again im not bashing, if u want piercings great and IMO u did them correctly, where u can hide them in proffesional settings as its more appropriate and socially acceptable. the fact that u get all worked up cause people throw out an opinion on these guys is funny to me as this conversation we are having is exactly the response these attention seeking people are looking for, for u not to be able to see that is funny to me. BTW u know i love u bro im just not seeing this one with ya. i dont think anyone is saying they are bad people either, just stupid IMO to take it to that extreme.
    My piercings are in moderation yes, and i maintain a clean professional image because i can push my septum piercing into my nose and hide it, i have a nose hoop that i keep displayed and no one has had problems with it, other stuff i have done is not visible in normal clothing. I know I'm getting worked up over everyones slander, i just find the general lack of tolerance for what someone does as offensive. Be that as it may, everyone has their opionions.

Thanks for the classy reply bpm1, im glad you can speak your mind in a mature way.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    my wifes best friend, has a son with all kinds of body mods, alot in his face too. he really is a good guy and i knew him before had all the mods he had done to himself. he was a normal kid and was raised upper middle class, private schools and has a college degree from LSU. why the F he did that to himself?....not my concern...to me he is still chad

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    It is attention seeking of the worst sort, when I see someone like that I always think they must be really dull if they feel they have to do shit like that to themselves to make themselves interesting, then they whinge if people judge them by their appearance - if appearances aren't important then why change theirs so dramatically?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    It is attention seeking of the worst sort, when I see someone like that I always think they must be really dull if they feel they have to do shit like that to themselves to make themselves interesting, then they whinge if people judge them by their appearance - if appearances aren't important then why change theirs so dramatically?
    Because they do it to fit it. Its just a different group they are fitting in too. Everyone talks about expressing their individual self. BS. Notice most people with all these piercing or tattoos hang out together. Bikers hang out together. U want to be an individual? Then hang out with your tattoo and pierced friends with out getting them. Then you would be different.

Also this JMO. But i think they don't fit into normal society before that. For what ever reason. Now they have their tat's and piercings and their little group. So they have some friends. Also its society fault now they don't fit in. Society is judgmental of what they look like. It hides the inside reason why they dont fit in.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Because they do it to fit it. Its just a different group they are fitting in too. Everyone talks about expressing their individual self. BS. Notice most people with all these piercing or tattoos hang out together. Bikers hang out together. U want to be an individual? Then hang out with your tattoo and pierced friends with out getting them. Then you would be different.

Also this JMO. But i think they don't fit into normal society before that. For what ever reason. Now they have their tat's and piercings and their little group. So they have some friends. Also its society fault now they don't fit in. Society is judgmental of what they look like. It hides the inside reason why they dont fit in.
    Or society has just been burnt to many times by people who look like this, so now society says its safe to stereotype people like this even if its not allows accurate. I find it to be dumb that people willingly do this to themselves, then cry like babys when people treat them like they look.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator
    Or society has just been burnt to many times by people who look like this, so now society says its safe to stereotype people like this even if its not allows accurate. I find it to be dumb that people willingly do this to themselves, then cry like babys when people treat them like they look.
    I agree. But now its not my fault for looking different its society fault. Theirs nothing wrong with me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information