Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Titan 3 is offline Associate Member
    I'm going to have to jump on the bandwaggon here..... You can't "out grow" a modern 600. Buy a 600, get comfortable with it, and sign up for a track school. The track is the only place you will really get a good handle on what the machine's full potential really is. You will also learn more in a weekend at the track than a month on the street. Here's a larger pic of mine.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    thats a beautiful 1krr!! ive never actually ridden a 1krr, want to though but they are a pricey 1k

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I had an 01 R6 which I layed down three years ago. I am now on a 04 600RR and the Honda is sooo much nicer and more refined than the Yamaha was. I've been riding 3 years and a 600cc sportbike is still more than enough for me. Might upgrade to a liter bike next year, but I am still more than happy with the power of a 600. I also ride on the street predominantly.

Here's mine.......I know it's not a crotch rocket, but chicks love it and so do I!

swing lo is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan 3
    I'm going to have to jump on the bandwaggon here..... You can't "out grow" a modern 600. Buy a 600, get comfortable with it, and sign up for a track school. The track is the only place you will really get a good handle on what the machine's full potential really is. You will also learn more in a weekend at the track than a month on the street. Here's a larger pic of mine.

Nice pipes brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    I had an 01 R6 which I layed down three years ago. I am now on a 04 600RR and the Honda is sooo much nicer and more refined than the Yamaha was. I've been riding 3 years and a 600cc sportbike is still more than enough for me. Might upgrade to a liter bike next year, but I am still more than happy with the power of a 600. I also ride on the street predominantly.

Yeah the RR's are nice looking bikes that handle well but yamaha's and honda's put out slow bikes whether it be a 1k or a 600.
    Last edited by swing lo; 09-08-2007 at 04:32 PM.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by swing lo
    Yeah the RR's are nice looking bikes that handle well yamaha's and honda's put out slow bikes whether it be a 1k or a 600.
    so the R1's are slow?

^ uhhhh yeah! where have you been at?

Kawi and Suki are the only way to go as far as brute speed. I'm sure some people will disagree but yamaha and honda are know for putting out underpowered bikes.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    your a idiot... shut up.... i own a suzi.... but i know that all the bikes on a dyno are about the same... sit down and stop talking...

Big
    ^ uhhhh yeah! where have you been at?

Kawi and Suki are the only way to go as far as brute speed. I'm sure some people will disagree but yamaha and honda are know for putting out underpowered bikes.
    hehe I wasn't paying attention, I was out riding one of my R1's. I agree that the new ZX10 and GSXR are brutally fast bikes, but the 2007 R1 rolls off the floor with 178hp, my old 2001 with a huge list of mods has 188hp at the wheel, so to call them "slow" I think is a statement someone who hasn't spent much time riding one might make. Any bike that hits the 186mph governed limit box stock, and runs 0-60 in 3 seconds, would not meet my definition of "slow", but that's just me. To me that's like saying a Ferarri Enzo is slow because a McLaren F1 would outrun it. Sure the McLaren is faster, but the Enzo isn't slow.

Blog Entries
    enzo's are slow... the gremlins are faster...

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by pewntang
    enzo's are slow... the gremlins are faster...
    only if you paint a shark on the side

Blog Entries
    the shark.... lol.... hahahaha

your a idiot... shut up.... i own a suzi.... but i know that all the bikes on a dyno are about the same... sit down and stop talking...

Shut up why? Cause you say so......please dude! I’ll keep doing what I do and say what I say from experience.

Blog Entries
    Shut up why? Cause you say so......please dude! I’ll keep doing what I do and say what I say from experience.

no because what you say is idiotic .... and makes no since.... any person that really rides and works on bikes knows what you say is squidish....

Big
    I hear the red bikes are faster, blue slows them down.

Blog Entries
    yellow is the fastest... get that through your baby head..

no because what you say is idiotic .... and makes no since.... any person that really rides and works on bikes knows what you say is squidish....
    Until you have over 34 track days in a group other than novice under your belt, then I will afford you the right to speak.

Oh yeah next time use "sense" instead of since. Yeah I'm going to nitpick everything! ha ha
    Last edited by swing lo; 09-08-2007 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaGetBigger
    my old 2001 with a huge list of mods has 188hp at the wheel, so to call them slow I think is a statement someone who hasn't spent much time riding one might make. Any bike that hits the 186mph governed limit box stock, and runs 0-60 i.
    I will not get into this argument because you and I both know what time it is which is probably the reason why you had to go and build your old R1 to be able to compete a little better but that's just my assumption.
    Last edited by swing lo; 09-08-2007 at 05:39 PM.

Big
    I will not get into this argument because you and I both know what time it is which is probably the reason why you had to go and build your old R1 to be able to compete a little better but that's just my assumption.
    I modded my R1 because I'm into excess, but since you have track experience, let me ask you this: are you saying that if you got on a new R1, and a less experienced rider got on a ZX10 or a Gixxer, and you were on a track, you would still lose because you would be on a "slow" bike? My point was that the new litre class bikes are close enough that the rider will make the difference, I would hope we can agree on that. I never disputed that the new Kawi's and Gixxer's are faster, my only dispute was the term "slow" to describe the Honda's and Yamaha's, they are all fast.

Hell, depending on how much of a nweb that pilot would be and how technical the specific track was, I would run circles on him with my 600.

Yes as I have already stated the new liters all had to step their game up when kawi came out with the 10r in 04 but It's a well known fact around the streets and the tracks that honda's and yami's are not the fastest of the 4 liters.

That's what I'm saying and that's what I stand by because I've seen it time and time again!

Try this:

Take to average riders that know how to get throught the gears in a straight line without using the clutch lever to shift. Give one a stock 2007 R1 and the other a stock 2006 GSX-R 1K and I'm more than willing to bet that the gsx-r will come out and win from a simple 2 gear roll even though I don't agre with roll racing but it's just an example sinc everybody can't launch a bike from a dig. I would even consider putting a 07 GSX-R 1K against a 07 R1, that s just murder as the 07 gsx-rs are no slouch.

I have many friends with R1's fromn 03 up to 07 and I have ridden all of them and compared to my "04" 10r when it just had full exhaust/BMC/PC3 USB and a good tune i could tell my bike was substantially faster from low/mid/ and high end power delivery.

I have a buddy with a bone stock 04 GSX-R 1K and he kills a lot of the 07's to include 10r's and GSX-R 1K'S but he's no novice rider by any means.

YES IT ALL COME DOWN TO RIDER SKILL BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT EVERYONE KNOWS THAT HONDA'S AND YAMI'S ARE NOT KNOW FOR THERE POWER.

I personally think honda's and yamis have the best looking bikes but if they could only add more power from the factory. I don't go off of magazines cause their a bunch of biased pig. There dyno number are almost never on par with real world dynos. I've seen first hand what all the new liters are putting down stock and 95% of the time unless some bikes are factory freaks the suks and kawis put the power down.
    Last edited by swing lo; 09-08-2007 at 06:05 PM.

Big
    Hell depending on how much of a nweb that pilot would be and how technical the specific track was, I would run circles on him with my 600.

Yes as I have already stated the new liters all had to step their game up when kawi came out with the 10r in 04 but It's a well known fact around the streets and the tracks that honda's and yami's are not the fastest of the 4 liters.
    I finally agree with you! They aren't the fastest (but the still aren't slow hehe)

Blog Entries
    Until you have over 34 track days in a group other than novice under your belt, then I will afford you the right to speak.

excuse me rossi... but your statement would not hold any water on any real racing forum..... Its through the internet ... you dont know who you might be talking to ... So umm.... yea i take right to speak back... but this arguement can go on for days... because people like you are always right ....

Blog Entries
    so your right... good luck with your racing days .... and say hi to nicky hayden for me..

Jealousy is a female’s trait and if you don't have anything technical in your defense to enter into this thread then stay the **** out.....................****ing kids!

excuse me rossi... but your statement would not hold any water on any real racing forum..... Its through the internet ... you dont know who you might be talking to ... So umm.... yea i take right to speak back... but this arguement can go on for days... because people like you are always right ....

Oh yeah this was expected since you haven't added anything of technical value to this thread. So you have to resort to comparing me with a ****ing pro. But I won’t get into how good I am on the track cause that's not important but I'm pretty sure I'll make you lose any chicken strips you have trying to catch me!
    Last edited by swing lo; 09-08-2007 at 09:11 PM.

Titan 3 is offline Associate Member
    .......And BMW doesn't build the fastest car on the planet, but you'd be hard pressed to argue that there are better cars on the road. If you want raw speed buy a zx14, if you want the best compliment, buy a Honda or Yamaha.

^Correct although the new gsx-r would look great without the dual tail pipes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information