Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Quote Originally Posted by notus
    This was the first info he gave me. How much would a performance chip bring up the horse power? I talked him down to $6800 and I was thinking I could resell it quickly for 7500

87 convertible. Red/white top. New Corvette Z06 rims w/ new tires. Red
    leather interior. Alpine stereo. Performance chip. Dynomax flow-thru
    exhaust. 5 speed automatic. $9500 obo.
    Chip would give it 30hp max...same with the exhaust

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    This was the first info he gave me. How much would a performance chip bring up the horse power? I talked him down to $6800 and I was thinking I could resell it quickly for 7500

If your buying it to flip it i wouldn't.

A chip maybe adds 10-15hp. Like gxxr said everything is stock. It doesn't even have basic bolt on mods. Its lucky if its 250hp

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries

The e-prom chip dont do shit for hp unless there is other work done. It you can do with a chip is change the timing and pules with of the injectors by 10%. Oh and the fan temp also.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    So what do you think? Is it work $7500
    I'd have it checked out by a mechanic and have a compression test done, if it checks out good then I would say yes. Being that it is normally aspirated it's highly unlikely it has 480hp, he could easily have a dyno sheet from a different car or just an edited dyno sheet, but still if it checks out good from a mechanic I'd go for it.

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder034
    there is a supercharger on the manifold isnt there?
    nope, stock intake

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsxxr
    The e-prom chip dont do shit for hp unless there is other work done. It you can do with a chip is change the timing and pules with of the injectors by 10%. Oh and the fan temp also.
    agreed, the guy is most likely full of it. Tell him you will pay to have it dyno'd and if it pulls 480hp you will take it and see what he says.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    well i guess ill chime in on this now... ive been using this thread to take about my bike for alittle so... lets get to this vette.... i do this for a living people... there is no way that motor has anywhere near 500hp not even at the crank, let alone at the rear wheels... there is no major power adder there, no supercharger, no turbo, and no nitrious solynoids.... the valve covers are stock, meaning the there is no major head swaps or valve work... and i can't be too positive cause im a mustang man but i almost positive the intake manafold is completely stock as well... no cold air intake.... dude this guy is takin you for a ride.... take it from somebody who knows cars very very well... and with 99K your vette has alot of wear and tear and things are gonna start going.... especially if you wana buy this thing to beat the crap out of... if i were you i wouldn't buy it ur getting swindled... just telling you what i know... which is two things pre-med, and cars.... this thing is a rip off..

ftony is offline Associate Member
    I wouldnt bother to mod that engine with 100k on it.maybe you should look around.That is a clean looking vette though....

dont let 100k scare you..if the car is a tight driving car,its ok.Just be prepared to do the engine if you want to make the horsepower that you desire..100k isnt shit to the car itself...

Serotonin is offline Member
    ^ ftony... are you speaking in riddles?

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions=

Check it out. There is no way it is in excellent condition after seeing the pic of the engine. I'd offer him $6500 Max! 18k probably was invested, when he bought it!
    Last edited by Serotonin; 09-15-2007 at 03:45 AM.

importeater91 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J*U*icEd
    im a fox body style mustang man.... got an 89 5.0 hatch... paxton supercharger.... stompin the happy peddle on that thing almost rips the frame in half...
    i got a 91 with a bunch of engine and suspension work...i love those cars...oh and they dont have a frame there a unibody

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    i was really starting to like it... until i saw the interior... how can you drive an AUTO vette!!!!! something of an oximoron...

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    throw some d's on dat bitch..

notus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewade
    i was really starting to like it... until i saw the interior... how can you drive an AUTO vette!!!!! something of an oximoron...
    I just sold my 77 porsche 911 turbo and it was standard. I am actually tired of driving stick.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    I just sold my 77 porsche 911 turbo and it was standard. I am actually tired of driving stick.

Understood... but in that case buy a sleek sedan, i personally wouldn't find the auto vette very gratifying

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    honestly, i dont know a whole about cars......but what i think i do know is, that is a ****en awesome car for that price

bcaasdirty is offline Member
    LOL 500hp out of an L98

i think itd b a neat project car

some criticize it being an auto, BUT if u wanna make it a drag car autos the way to go!

although def not w/ the 700R4

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin
    ^ ftony... are you speaking in riddles?

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions=

Check it out. There is no way it is in excellent condition after seeing the pic of the engine. I'd offer him $6500 Max! 18k probably was invested, when he bought it!
    The quote gave 3 prices ,its in range of where the car should be listed.Its a pic dude nobody in this forum other than the guy who seen the car knows if its clean,He said he got him down to 6800.The car itself is fine with 100k.however Bolting on power such as a superchager wouldnt be a good idea on a high mile engine,but ripping down the engine and rebuilding it would be the way to go to make reliable horsepower...Jack in jill went up the...ya you finish the riddlel..lol
    Last edited by ftony; 09-15-2007 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by importeater91
    i got a 91 with a bunch of engine and suspension work...i love those cars...oh and they dont have a frame there a unibody
    lol... well you know what i ment... i had to weld custom made sub-frame connectors to keep the twist from the torque down.... but yea i got ebach springs on there, cobra R rims... all the goodies...

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    lol... well you know what i ment... i had to weld custom made sub-frame connectors to keep the twist from the torque down.... but yea i got ebach springs on there, cobra R rims... all the goodies...
    I had a 93 gt with a ton of stuff i had sub frames and a six point cage

nbkandrew13 is offline Member
    dude take it to a mechanic and get it checked unless something is wrong with it its definately worth the 7500,,,,,,,,, ive been in the car biz for 19 years if i was appraising it id hitt it at @ 5 k but if we traded for it for that id buy it and i dont buy shit unless i can steal it i coyuld resell it for 10K AS LONG AS ITS SOUND

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    I had a 93 gt with a ton of stuff i had sub frames and a six point cage
    Cool, I love gts .I had a 2003 gt convert, bought it brandy new put 1500miles on it and had a saleen root style charger installed, injectors, cobra fuel pump, kooks full length headers and a magna x out.I used motorsport sub frame connectors that welded in.topped it with a short throw shifter 3.73 gears and I had a fun ass car,oh ya and a roush stage 3 body kit almost forgot,I can't remember if I'm forgetting stuff....I shoulda never traded it in....oh well

Quote Originally Posted by ftony
    Cool, I love gts .I had a 2003 gt convert, bought it brandy new put 1500miles on it and had a saleen root style charger installed, injectors, cobra fuel pump, kooks full length headers and a magna x out.I used motorsport sub frame connectors that welded in.topped it with a short throw shifter 3.73 gears and I had a fun ass car,oh ya and a roush stage 3 body kit almost forgot,I can't remember if I'm forgetting stuff....I shoulda never traded it in....oh well
    yea i like the LX better... ive had both and my 89 LX was definatly alot lighter.. i had soo many goodies on my car i forgot most of them.... i swaped out the rear end and put in 3.73s, put in a tremic TKO transmisssion... and a custon carbon fiber driveshaft... i also ground up restored a 68 camaro and had a 70 chevelle SS 454 w/ dart heads, dual 4 barrel carbs, tunnel ram air.... and the chevelle was on the spray.... very very very fast car.... high 9s in that thing..

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    thats what i say... ill keep my 05 raven edition R6... nothin like doin 170mph on the Long island expressway....
    170 on the LIE dude you got some balls!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    170 on the LIE dude you got some balls!!!
    out east in holbrook... like exit 56...where its straight and you can seee for miles... you can't do that by where i live by newhyde park rd and the cross island... but yea i was pretty crazy... after i did that i kinda regretted it alittle... cause you know what im talking about when i say bike + 170mph =death on the LIE

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pewntang
    throw some d's on dat bitch..
    hahahaha

TAPPER is offline Junior Member
    IMO, it’s not worth a dime over low book value. That motor looks stock and I highly doubt it could muster up 300HP at the crank on a good day. The suspension and tranny are probably loose and at 100K it’s not going to be long before something goes if you lean on it a bit.

For the hell of it lets say he did invest 18K and it is 480HP. Where are the receipts and pics? I don’t know one person who has had a motor built and didn’t take a shit-load of pics from the time the parts arrived right up through the build and then the finished product. Match up some receipts to actual parts on the car. He didn’t drop 18K on all internals so there must be some aftermarket components somewhere.

notus is offline Member
    Thanks alot guys... I won't be getting the car too many negative things have been brought up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information