Thread: Uni ? ?

MrTAME is offline Associate Member

Uni ? ?

Anyone here in Uni right now? what program are ya in???

I am just taking random 1st and second year courses right now...not sure what the heck I want to do. Its hard to keep up while working two other jobs...its a good thing the military gives me evenings off to go to my courses :-)

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I'm taking Business here in Hamilton. Nothing special. It's the same useless concepts and theories that don't work in the real world over and over again in each class.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Not in school now. But i would decide what you want to do. And get a degree specific to that. Just general a BA don't mean shit anymore

DIESELPWR is offline Member
    yeah my friend just got his ba in history and cant find a job to save his life

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Im in Lawschool right now...busy as hell

Did philosophy and psychology undergrad

If you do something specific it usually requires you to go to graduate school to get anywhere with it. A general communications degree is a great degree for most any sales, marketing, HR, advertising, etc job.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELPWR
    yeah my friend just got his ba in history and cant find a job to save his life
    Wouldnt that be a specific degree....

Goes to my point that when you go specific, you have to go usually go farther in school as usually these specific degrees are for jobs that are considered professional or academic.

However, some specific degrees wont necessarily be like that - ie music dance drama and so on if that is what you want to do.

However, if you just want to enter the "normal" world a business and communications degrees are the best. I would go with business if you would like your job to be more numbers related such as accounting, economics, etc and would go communications if it will be more sales, marketing, advertising, etc

MrTAME is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Not in school now. But i would decide what you want to do. And get a degree specific to that. Just general a BA don't mean shit anymore
    I know exactly what you mean...people everywhere have a degree these days. My younger bro has an arts degree and he's doing construction. I did two years electronics in college got a trade specific job and am making good coin. I am telling you the trade jobs are comming back, however so are the increacing distances between the upper and middle class.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Alma Mater: McGill University

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Second year, University of Northern British Columbia

Bachelor of social work degree

Thread Information