buffgator is offline king of mass

Are all "trainers" perverts

Man I have no problem with guys who are real trainers. I do have a problem with these little wanna be trainers though. It seems that they are always perverts and harrassing the women at the gym. I see them follow around all the cute girls and women just constantly trying to talk to them. I just want to be like man leave her the fu@4 alone so she can work out. At my current gym they have fired 2 trainers this year because to many women where complaining that they felt like the trainers where over stepping the lines on what is appropriate and what is sexual harrasment. The other day one of them was doing squats when my wife walked by and he said, "Why dont you jump on here and do some squats with me." My wife said no thanks im married and pointed to me doing 315 on incline presses. The next day the trainer came and apologized to me. I just find it very rude. I cant stand people who keep trying to talk to me when I am working out, and I think that it is rude of these little ass trainers who will not even let these girls do one set without constantly talking to them.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I thought it was funny at the gym I trained at, most of the guys were fit, but really really skinny with hardly any muscle.... what if they have a client who wants to put on mass, are they going to take a single word this dude has to say seriously?

Second2None is offline Banned
    i think the same shit, its like if your in the biz at least look the part

buffgator is offline king of mass
    AandF I know this is of subject, but its my thread. What part of illinois do you live in?

one8nine is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    I thought it was funny at the gym I trained at, most of the guys were fit, but really really skinny with hardly any muscle.... what if they have a client who wants to put on mass, are they going to take a single word this dude has to say seriously?
    what if they want to train people in athletics? i could train people for better 40 times and higher jumps and a shit load or wrestling skills, and i am an athlete not a body builder
    different trainers, different experiences, different tallents different clients

when im getting ready for a new season do you think im going to call up the power lifter that is 300 pounds and had the greatest deadlift in the world to train me for reaction speed agility and flexibility?
    not everyone trains for more mass

Second2None is offline Banned
    ive watched these trainers at my gym for like 3years there still the same size LOL. they dont even look like they work out, and half the stuff they teach these people is garbage, i catch alot of guys following my routine after they canned the trainer LOL

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by one8nine
    what if they want to train people in athletics? i could train people for better 40 times and higher jumps and a shit load or wrestling skills, and i am an athlete not a body builder
    different trainers, different experiences, different tallents different clients

when im getting ready for a new season do you think im going to call up the power lifter that is 300 pounds and had the greatest deadlift in the world to train me for reaction speed agility and flexibility?
    not everyone trains for more mass
    No, but personally I wouldn't want a trainer thats scrawny as shit. The gym I worked at (our school's rec center), probably about 75% of the clients were there with the goal of gaining muscle. I wouldn't take someone seriously who doesn't look like I want to look. Not to mention there were multiple times I saw other trainers instructing people on how to do exercises blatantly wrong. I could only imagine the diet advice, "Just follow the food pyramid"

Quote Originally Posted by buffgator
    AandF I know this is of subject, but its my thread. What part of illinois do you live in?
    Carbondale, go to SIU. When not in school I'm up in the Peoria area. How about you?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I can see 2 sides. Yes he was a little flirty with your wife. But his goal is also to get clients so if "jump in here and do some squats" also opens up a conversation. Then if your wife didn't do them correctly then he goes into his pitch.

Also a lot of women flirt with the trainers. And sleep with them. So sometime it because a habit and you start to flirt with everyone. I used to. Not that i was trying to **** every women but it just because habit. But i can see some women members being uncomfortable.

Just because a trainer isn't jacked doesn't mean they dont know what they are talking about. Not everyone wants to be 250lbs. Hell most dont.

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    I get that type of feedback from my clients as well......you AT LEAST should "look " the part of a trainer... too many are out of shape & look like crap. Trainers should be in better shape than the person they are training IMO.although, the "busiest" trainer in our gym is a bout 5'5" & a buck 155--I think the women find him "non-threating". If you are a fitness professional, there is no excuse for childish behavior either way...but hey, Im a man & I do look at the women I train, but discreetly.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well a trainer should be in shape, but being big and the body builder type can and will actually hurt you more than it will do any good. 90% of people looking for personal training don't want to be big, they just want to lose weight and get in better shape....when I was competing and bigger, my business was a lot slower but when I finally decided to drop some of the excess size about 20 pounds my sales and business went up.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I go to a pansy ass "luxury" type gym that only has a few of us that lift heavy so I'm used to seeing all the trainers with soccer moms, not body builders. The only reason why I go there is that the equipment is top notch and there is rarely a wait in the free weight area.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    I can see 2 sides. Yes he was a little flirty with your wife. But his goal is also to get clients so if "jump in here and do some squats" also opens up a conversation. Then if your wife didn't do them correctly then he goes into his pitch.

Also a lot of women flirt with the trainers. And sleep with them. So sometime it because a habit and you start to flirt with everyone. I used to. Not that i was trying to **** every women but it just because habit. But i can see some women members being uncomfortable.

Just because a trainer isn't jacked doesn't mean they dont know what they are talking about. Not everyone wants to be 250lbs. Hell most dont.

I was when I was at ballys it was a big contest and no bs but omg I banged alot oh to be young again (I'm still hitting the hot chics but it's more for what they can get out of me oh well what ever works)

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    I was when I was at ballys it was a big contest and no bs but omg I banged alot oh to be young again (I'm still hitting the hot chics but it's more for what they can get out of me oh well what ever works)
    i used to trade my services for some service out in the parking lot quite often

Thread Information