DIESELPWR is offline Member

Another Depressing thread

ive been seeing a lot of these threads on here in the past few months.. today my best friend attempted to kill himself.. He tried to hang himself but he was found before it was too late but isnt doing too well... he hasnt regained consciousness and its been about 12 hours now.. he has brain activity but very little.. he was recently sent to another hospital that has a neurological trauma center.. i think i spelled that correctly.. hes not doing too well so i hope everyone can pray for him.. it seems as tho a lot of these have to do with rec. drugs.. ive tried so many times to get him help and get him to stop.. just needed to talk to some1 and i figured i would post it on here.. you always see this stuff on tv and just figure it could never happen so close to home..

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELPWR View Post
    ive been seeing a lot of these threads on here in the past few months.. today my best friend attempted to kill himself.. He tried to hang himself but he was found before it was too late but isnt doing too well... he hasnt regained consciousness and its been about 12 hours now.. he has brain activity but very little.. he was recently sent to another hospital that has a neurological trauma center.. i think i spelled that correctly.. hes not doing too well so i hope everyone can pray for him.. it seems as tho a lot of these have to do with rec. drugs.. ive tried so many times to get him help and get him to stop.. just needed to talk to some1 and i figured i would post it on here.. you always see this stuff on tv and just figure it could never happen so close to home..
    man, reading that just gave me a flashback of back in my day. Its sad. My near death experiences and trip to jail turned me around pretty fast. Had to learn the hard way. I hope your buddy makes it, and learns. And you do whatever u can to help, cuz he needs people, just as I did.
    good luck with it all.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    hope is okay and recoverys, taking your own life......wow. i had my cousin(best out doors man i knew) and he was also my best friend, shoot himself. boy do i miss him and its like i am pissed at him for doing it. he was a carpernter by trade, he hurt his back and had to go on welfare. i remember the week before he killed himself we were returning from a good day fishing, he told me he was gonna do it and i thought i had talked him out of it. after a year or so, i did tell his wife and my aunt, they forgave me for not telling anyone, but i still feel bad over it.

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear about your freind. I'll pray for him and the family. I know a lady right now that overdosed twice on H. The second time she had stroke, and she's never been the same since, dosen't even know who she is at this point. It's sad, but how can you save a person from themself?

Blackster1975 is offline Associate Member
    My prayers go out to your friend and his family i hope he pulls round and gets the help he needs. It's a common thing suicide lately i know a lot of peeps from round where i live who have commited suicide or attemted it, it's sad how common it's getting now.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm sure other guys on here have been though similar situations. You'll pull some good advice.

Just be there for him if he needs you. One of my best friends was addicted to shooting oxys and I refused to stand idle while he ruined his life. I had him move in with me and get him involved with anything that would over power his passion for the drug. It does not work and it did hurt our relationship. We are just now at the point that we are close again.

If I could do it over again, i would just be there for support. Like BigSexy said a lot of people just have to learn the hard way. I hope your friend is okay and learns from this experince.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    sorry to hear it man.

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear it man and I'll pray for him...

well he didnt try to kill himself with the drugs.. they were found in his system and he was pretty bad into them for a while but he actually tried to hang himself.. i went to see him today tho.. hes still unconscious.. he has cerebral hypoxia or some sort.. today they took him off sum of the meds and were asking him questions and it seems as tho he can hear.. they told him to push his foot down and he was able to and he was able to lift up his finger up and and his eyes kinda opened..he started to gag and try to pull the feeding tubes out of his mouth so they had to sedate him again.. tomorrow they are going to attempt to take out the tubes.. so we will pray for the best.. hopefully he could wake up tomorrow

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    sorry to hear,good luck with everything

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    That's awful bro, he's lucky to have you for support.
    Captain- sorry to hear about your cousin, that's a tough situation.

today things are looking up.. he was able to talk.. not very loud but he was speaking.. recognized people and was lau***ng wen we told him stories so he remembered.. just doesnt remember why he is there or what happened and keeps asking and the therapist said that he needs to know for him to get help so they keep telling him and a few minutes later he asks again.. but overall a good day.. they took out the feeding tubes and he was trying to eat food but it was being fed to him.. but looks like good signs..

frignugs is offline Associate Member
    today things are looking up.. he was able to talk.. not very loud but he was speaking.. recognized people and was lau***ng wen we told him stories so he remembered.. just doesnt remember why he is there or what happened and keeps asking and the therapist said that he needs to know for him to get help so they keep telling him and a few minutes later he asks again.. but overall a good day.. they took out the feeding tubes and he was trying to eat food but it was being fed to him.. but looks like good signs..
    Good to hear man, take care

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    wish him the best bro, hang in there bud.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Good luck man .... Let's hope that he recovers well enough for you to kick his ass!

well everything is going well... although he doesnt remember us being there to see him yesterday... after about 15 minutes he forgets anything that happends previous to that.. but he remembers the past very well but seems to still think its saturday which is when it happned to him.. cant remember nething more than 15 minutes at a time since then..

Thread Information