Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by king6 View Post
    I've noticed the bigger I am, the less people talk to me, I was told once that I come off intimidating. Which I guess I could see, I would be intimidated too if I saw someone really big. I think that is something you have to prepare for, having people avoid you.
    Yep definitely noticed this as well...ppl seem to try to avoid you..

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    You may get respect if you are both big/cut and friendly but if you're introverted being big and cut seems to work against you. Blending in and being introverted and you're left alone it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969 View Post
    I definitely notice this phenomenon. Not only attention from ladies, but generally people respect you more if you're more muscular/cut. A lot more respect these days then when I was 140 lbs, thats for sure. Why do you guys think that is?

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    I think it can make you more confident but not necessarily. It may make you feel more vulnerable and you may resent being treated as special or "esteemed."
    I guess it really depends on how the person feels about themselves to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    i think just the fact that YOU know your bigger and healthier gives your more confidence. and people respect confidence. they also respect nice bodies. this society is so deeply rooted on how people look that the better you do look, the better people treat you. i have noticed the same. coming from a drug addiction backround wei***ng in at 160 lbs at 6ft3. now im 205, clean and healthy. i get way more respect.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    When you are built like fridge, you tend to receive positive & negative attention.
    You just need to adjust and know how to handle yourself in every scenario.
    Much more comes into play where some bodybuilders develop social/people phobias in the process since they don't know how to handle all sorts of various shit.

ausmanalot is offline Associate Member
    me being bigger helps every aspect in my life

i mean even before Anabolics, i was a great size naturally, it helped my social life
    my job, career.

everything

with out me working out i would not be here right now

big is better hahaha

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I think you guys are crazy. I don't give someone respect because they are bigger. I think it’s kind of sad that you would give someone respect just for being physically bigger.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I think you guys are crazy. I don't give someone respect because they are bigger. I think it’s kind of sad that you would give someone respect just for being physically bigger.
    I didn't say I do, but I have noticed people seem to show more respect towards me.

I should say I have more respect for someone in shape than I do for a fat slob though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron View Post
    I didn't say I do, but I have noticed people seem to show more respect towards me.

I should say I have more respect for someone in shape than I do for a fat slob though.
    Then i would say your respect is easily earned which in my eyes isn't a good thing. Just because someone is in shape doesn't make them respectable OR entitle them to respect over someone who is fat.

I find that the more in shape someone is the more ignorant they are.

I dont care if you are big,small,black,white, short or tall, my respect is giving out to each person the same way. You start out at 0 and earn my respect over time.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Then i would say your respect is easily earned which in my eyes isn't a good thing. Just because someone is in shape doesn't make them respectable OR entitle them to respect over someone who is fat.

I find that the more in shape someone is the more ignorant they are.

I dont care if you are big,small,black,white, short or tall, my respect is giving out to each person the same way. You start out at 0 and earn my respect over time.
    I have to have had experiences with a fat person to consider them a slob, so, it isnt a first glance thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron View Post
    I have to have had experiences with a fat person to consider them a slob, so, it isnt a first glance thing.
    This is what needed to be clarified with this thread. In this "respect" based on appareance only ? without getting to know the person.

Thumper 1989 is offline New Member
    I will tell you a storie of a guy and how i got back into working out a skin head and his budy were at a store i walked in the first guy had tatooes from his neck to his hands the other guy was out side taking a piss behind the store he looked ripped huge as a mother ****ing monster his 8 pack was showing no tatoes but he looked crazzie i walked in to get 6 pack and as i walk past the fist guy i sead excuse me he got in my way i looked back like what this guys problem then got what i wanted as i walked out they were waiting in a ride and yelled to me what the **** you looking at punk as i looked up i sead your monkey ass well i looked realy good i sead **** i am going to get my ass kicked the second guy got out and came at me full force he got in my face and shoved me back ass i went back my reflex was a right croxx to his chin i for shure thought the other guy would jump in but he didn't so as i drop the beer i clocked him and we locked in a fist fight he didn't realy know how to fight i think he got away with his size but dont get me wrong his blows were wild and some conected believe me i felt the flash i stayed inside and just kept pounding away it felt so soft because i concentrated on his chin and noise area the store ladie came out she sead i called the cops they are on the way as i looked up because i had my face down the blows i recieve were on the sides of my temple and he had his mouth full of blood and nose was runing like a foset as his friend pulled us apart he dirty shot me right state in the mouth i remember i was trying to pull it forward the impact pushed my head back so i came in again and started wailing again well shure after a while we were both tired i was out of shape he must be in his prime 25, 26, i was 31 well i got home and i thought i did okay i had no facial cuts bruses but he on the other hand had blood all over him i was in the rest room cleaning his blood off of me my hand weren't all puffy as i remember when i was way younger usually my right hand would swell up but the next morning i couldn't move my neck i had a stiff neck i went to work the back hoe operatores asked me if i woke up twisted i sead no i nevor new their were skin head out hear i got into it at the store after work. he laughed and i told him about the guy he sead probley the juice i asked him how do you get that shit over the internet he played foot ball back in the day big white boy big so the rest is history. but ya some guys just walk around like they own the world. i bet that guy will think twice before tying to intimidate another person. Its good to be big top of you leage respected but just a plane ass hole no thank i will go about it a diffrent way.
    Last edited by Thumper 1989; 12-09-2007 at 03:44 PM.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 1989
    I will tell you a storie of a guy and how i got back into working out a skin head and his budy were at a store i walked in the first guy had tatooes from his neck to his hands the other guy was out side taking a piss behind the store he looked ripped huge as a mother ****ing monster his 8 pack was showing no tatoes but he looked crazzie i walked in to get 6 pack and as i walk past the fist guy i sead excuse me he got in my way i looked back like what this guys problem then got what i wanted as i walked out they were waiting in a ride and yelled to me what the **** you looking at punk as i looked up i sead your monkey ass well i looked realy good i sead **** i am going to get my ass kicked the second guy got out and came at me full force he got in my face and shoved me back ass i went back my reflex was a right croxx to his chin i for shure thought the other guy would jump in but he didn't so as i drop the beer i clocked him and we locked in a fist fight he didn't realy know how to fight i think he got away with his size but dont get me wrong his blows were wild and some conected believe me i felt the flash i stayed inside and just kept pounding away it felt so soft because i concentrated on his chin and noise area the store ladie came out she sead i called the cops they are on the way as i looked up because i had my face down the blows i recieve were on the sides of my temple and he had his mouth full of blood and nose was runing like a foset as his friend pulled us apart he dirty shot me right state in the mouth i remember i was trying to pull it forward the impact pushed my head back so i came in again and started wailing again well shure after a while we were both tired i was out of shape he must be in his prime 25, 26, i was 31 well i got home and i thought i did okay i had no facial cuts bruses but he on the other hand had blood all over him i was in the rest room cleaning his blood off of me my hand weren't all puffy as i remember when i was way younger usually my right had would swell up but the next morning i couldn't move my neck i had a stiff neck i went to work the back hoe operatores asked me if i woke up twisted i sead no i nevor new their were skin head out hear i got into it at the store after work. he laughed and i told him about the guy he sead probley the juice i asked him how do you get that shit over the internet he played foot ball back in the day big white boy big so the rest is history. but ya some guys just walk around like they own the world. i bet that guy will think twice before tying to intimidate another person. Its good to be big top of you leage respected but just a plane ass hole no thank i will go about it a diffrent way.
    i got about 4 lines into that before i lost all interest

thats cool dont read it if you dont like it things like that role right off. LOL
    Last edited by Thumper 1989; 12-09-2007 at 03:58 PM.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 1989 View Post
    thats cool dont read it if you dont like it things like that role right off. LOL
    Can you insert some of these ............... through out so i can actually Read it

I notice when out at clubs or bars you ussually get a little head nod form other guys that are in shape

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Can you insert some of these ............... through out so i can actually Read it
    or split it into paragraphs so it isnt one giant whack of lines.

I notice when out at clubs or bars you ussually get a little head nod form other guys that are in shape
    opposite in my town (small town). all the other big guys size you up and usually come by and try to indimidate you and see what you're made of. ive gotten plenty of shoulders from random guys and ive had to throw a few guys into walls to show that im not to be fvcked with, its annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    opposite in my town (small town). all the other big guys size you up and usually come by and try to indimidate you and see what you're made of. ive gotten plenty of shoulders from random guys and ive had to throw a few guys into walls to show that im not to be fvcked with, its annoying
    Its probably cause they are jealous of your sexiness

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    you are right, i never graduated form school....... Edited. No rec drug posts. with my friends when i should have been doing my homework. as you can tell ,but i will try next time. i feel like this . LOL

Its probably cause they are jealous of your sexiness
    well thats a given

you can come here gix and we'll hit up the town (the whole 4 bars and everything lol)

dank1970 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969 View Post
    I definitely notice this phenomenon. Not only attention from ladies, but generally people respect you more if you're more muscular/cut. A lot more respect these days then when I was 140 lbs, thats for sure. Why do you guys think that is?
    its true I notice it. I used to weigh about 140 back when I was 19 to 25 or so and now I am around 207 but been as much as 218 with about 10% bf. and 37 yrs. old, yea people act and treat you different for sure when I cut to 5 to 8 % bf I usually weigh in at around 195 to 200 and I notice girls always want to touch me in conversation like a little pat on the back or grab my neck, smack on the shoulder, shit like that.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post
    That happens to me to.
    I always thought this pic under your posts is amazing but i just noticed the way your delts tie in into your arms - sick

As for the question, sure people are intimitated - I'm big, shave my head, and a rec boxer - so yeah I can hold my own - but I noticed that alcohol really gives wings to small people! Whenever I'm out, there's always a scrawny kid, young'in, like 16-20, who wants to prove himself by talking sh!t to the big guy - most of the time I avoid fights by making fun of them infront their girls and friends remember, noone expects a big guy to use his brain

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    i got about 4 lines into that before i lost all interest

yeah same here the story seems fun, but it really needs some punctuation

facile is offline Member
    I will never think that I am big or big enough. So I am always pretty curtious to others.
    As I am a little older I never go to clubs, I did get dragged to one over the summer and what I did notice is that the crowd seemed to part as I approached, I was given a little extra consideration when walking thru. I can't say I didn't enjoy it.

As for the places I hang out in, i liked to think the respect I am given is because i treat others with respect.

Of course you will always run into a..holes, who like to knock the big guy in an attempt to mask their insecurity or weakness.

Towel is offline Associate Member
    I don't notice any respect from outsiders at all. Most people in my environment always makes fun of me and the sport. My parents hate it. Most of the girls think it's ugly and are scare of a little mass and blablabla. Only respect I get is from the big guys in the gym who work hard as well and the only attention I get are from 140lb ecto males in the gym who are staring the shit out of me. I am so going to buy a Tshirt with on it: Stop staring at me dude! Are you gay?

Mike S. is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small View Post
    I'll let you know when I get big
    definitly +1

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    actually, I was reading through a thread on another website.......one where the members are ****en the real deal......they say, being 250 pounds and under 8 percent bodyfat, they get ****ed with big time in alot of social settings, especially where alcohol is.......

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    actually, I was reading through a thread on another website.......one where the members are ****en the real deal......they say, being 250 pounds and under 8 percent bodyfat, they get ****ed with big time in alot of social settings, especially where alcohol is.......
    +1. Im no 250lber but ill tell you, all these skinny ass wanna be abercrombie dudes are super intimidated by bigger guys. Always going the extra mile to make an obscene comment to there friends loud enough for you to hear like "im all natural" I walk by and laugh because they know they are lazy out of shape now have a beer gut kids who wish they looked half as good but don't have the time and dedication to this. Ive also found fat women LOVE muscle....

jchopper1 is offline Banned
    i graduated h/s 6 six yrs ago at 140lbs at 6', now im 190-195 and nothin feels better then running into someone from the past and having them throw me a complimant like "wow u got big or what happened to you?". best high i've ever recieved!!! thats what motivates me to hit 200lbs and lift hard

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jchopper1 View Post
    i graduated h/s 6 six yrs ago at 140lbs at 6', now im 190-195 and nothin feels better then running into someone from the past and having them throw me a complimant like "wow u got big or what happened to you?". best high i've ever recieved!!! thats what motivates me to hit 200lbs and lift hard
    DITTO! Especially my x fiance's friends

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I kinda get the unpleasant situations where I am out with my buddies that I out weigh by 50 or 60 lbs and they start sh^t or get into some sh^t and then expect me to clean it up. I mean one reason I workout and train hard is so I dont have to get into any sh^t.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information