Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Holidays, Relatives & Steroids Questions

I'm sure the rest of you are dealing with this. At first I thought it funny, now I'm getting really annoyed. I haven't been home in 5 years and as my relatives walk in they all keep saying "My God you're so big. Are you taking those steroids ?" My grand mother, aunt, 2 uncles, cousins, they all said it. I went with my usual cover lie. I told them I compete bodybuilding and I'm random tested throughout the year. I don't use steroids and couldn't even if I wanted to. So I walked out of the room and my brother told me they kept talking about it after I walked out. Saying they don't believe me. "He is on the juice." My uncle picked up my tub of protein and started reading the ingredients. He says, protein, glutamine, anabolic steroids ha! ha! ha!. Then when I walked back in the room he says you look like you've been hanging with Barry Bonds. He won't let it go.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

importeater91 is offline Member
    i get that all the time and it pisses me off, and i never even did a cycle yet. at first i didnt mind it, itmade me feel like i was doing something right. now it just gets annoying i guess its because i changed up my diet and hitting the gym on a regular basis. like today i was leaving the place where we had lunch and one pf my buddies goes later juice head im 6 feet @ 175lbs

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    My friends attempt to give me shit for the fact that i am bigger than most of them. My parents don't care though as they are educated on the subject from my counsins boyfriend. He competes and used so they don't care I guess I am lucky

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    carlos who cares dont let it bother you they dont understand and that generation will never understand. People beileve whatever the media says and it will be impossible to prove them otherwise. So just laugh along with them and enjoy the holidays.

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    yup i just agree with them and that usally pisses em off and then they dont ask me again problem solved

Well, my immediately family know (Mom, brother and sisters) and they don't care. My Mom said as long as I don't hurt myself she is OK with it. It's the relatives that are the ones giving the headache.

sorel_C is offline Member
    i just always tell them, i would never do something that would hurt my body,, they hear i dont do roids,, but that alone gets them to get off my case

importeater91 is offline Member
    dont worry about it. people are gonna do that. they see that your big and they automaticly think "he must be on steroids ". just dont let it bother you man.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post
    I'm sure the rest of you are dealing with this. At first I thought it funny, now I'm getting really annoyed. I haven't been home in 5 years and as my relatives walk in they all keep saying "My God you're so big. Are you taking those steroids ?" My grand mother, aunt, 2 uncles, cousins, they all said it. I went with my usual cover lie. I told them I compete bodybuilding and I'm random tested throughout the year. I don't use steroids and couldn't even if I wanted to. So I walked out of the room and my brother told me they kept talking about it after I walked out. Saying they don't believe me. "He is on the juice." My uncle picked up my tub of protein and started reading the ingredients. He says, protein, glutamine, anabolic steroids ha! ha! ha!. Then when I walked back in the room he says you look like you've been hanging with Barry Bonds. He won't let it go.
    Been there bro, and I don't have size even close to you. So I can imagine how you must feel. Just laugh and play it off, and keep going with your story. Say something like I wish I could use steriods and stop training and dieting as hard as I do, then I would be huge!!!! Best of luck and happy holidays..

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    My one brother knows. And give me a little crap about it. More about being safe. My grandma always says to me your getting heavier. like I'm fat. but she is 95 so... what am i gonig to do its grandma

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I just tell them I am on and then they dont believe me !!!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Co-Workers mention it from time to time. I'm in terrible shape and they act like i'm a greek god. Just goes to show how out of shape everyone must be.

As far as family raggin you, nothing you can but whoop their ass. You know, have a knock down drag out with the ol' fam.
    ***No source checks!!!***

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    well, its better for them to think that you are on steroids , rather than them think that you are not on steroids.....if they do not think you are on steroids, then that kind of makes you a failure at bodybuilding i suppose? no?

Whats sad is that if you were out of shape and had gained 50lbs, they wouldn't have said anything.

beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    Co-Workers mention it from time to time. I'm in terrible shape and they act like i'm a greek god. Just goes to show how out of shape everyone must be.

As far as family raggin you, nothing you can but whoop their ass. You know, have a knock down drag out with the ol' fam.

post some pictures let us be the judge haha

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    well, its better for them to think that you are on steroids, rather than them think that you are not on steroids.....if they do not think you are on steroids, then that kind of makes you a failure at bodybuilding i suppose? no?
    Whats sad is that if you were out of shape and had gained 50lbs, they wouldn't have said anything.
    Both true!

This is funny. I asked for something to eat and my sister handed me a rotisserie chicken. I said thanks, sat down, cut it up and ate the whole thing. She comes back like 15 minutes later and says what happened to the chicken? She and my niece wanted some. I said that wasn't just for me? They couldn't comprehend that I ate the whole thing, and I was thinking "I was just supposed to take a little piece?????"

LOL. I wake up real late because I am still set from finals week for some reason and I will get up and have 5 meals in the span of maybe 10 hours. My family thinks im crazy. GJ Carlos on finishing the chicken lol

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Fvck off always seems to work in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis View Post
    GJ Carlos on finishing the chicken lol
    That chicken was good with mash potatoes and fresh home made biscuits.

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries

BINGO, that is so true

CARLOS SHUT UP U MAKING ME HUNGRY!!! chicken and mash potatoes and biscuits mmmmm

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    eatting the whole chicken was funny.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yo carlos just jealous that's all plain and simple. You look amazing, and you unlike you famliy are reaching you goals. Keep on keepin on bro.

ausmanalot is offline Associate Member
    dude i get it at work home gym .... at start your like yeah but i just make up some crap about eating well...
    now its just plain annoying but meh they will give up

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    just be thankful you are big enough to get noticed. It would be much worse if your relatives came round and said "ooh your very thin, at least you dont take steroids and your doing it natrually!"

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    wait, are you natural Carlos? no offense but you are an experienced bodybuilder on this anabolic forum so I assume you have done a cycle or two, if this is true then what's the problem.. I can see you getting mad if you were natural, so are you natural?

Of course hes not natural. He isn't angry about the fact that they accuse him of being on steroids whether he is on it or not. It seems to be more about the respect of them allowing him to do whatever he wants and not giving him grief for it when he is most likely much more healthy then they are.

But thats just my guess.

Baron is offline Associate Member
    the problem is you havent been home in 5 years. you haveto progessively let them know ur getting bigger and bigger. If you get them used to the whole "bodybuilding" thing they wont bug you about steroids and what not. But if you go ur route, you haveto make an effort to wear baggy clothing and just look as small as possible.

i kinda dont understand how some guys in there 30's suddenly decide to take alot of steroids and get huge. Do they have no family? Srsly, everyone knows ur on steroids, whats even the point of being buff? I started bodybuilding real young so my family knows im gonna get bigger and bigger. And they think im getting huge because i know alot, and have been lifting for years, and not the roids.

My family has never once mentioned me being muscular and in shape. This is most likely due to the fact that my two brothers are fat and praising me would hurt the other two.

Sometimes I just wanna rip my shirt off and scream "Here I am, look at me".

j/k

wingding is offline New Member
    I find if I stay big and somewhat lean (as opposed to bulking - cutting - bulking) the family gets used to it and the comments slow down. I see these young dudes in the gym that swell up so big and fast then deflate like a balloon, and I can't help but wonder what their family must be thinking. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by wingding View Post
    I find if I stay big and somewhat lean (as opposed to bulking - cutting - bulking) the family gets used to it and the comments slow down. I see these young dudes in the gym that swell up so big and fast then deflate like a balloon, and I can't help but wonder what their family must be thinking. Yikes.

Funy, cause at the gyms I go to the majority look the same year after year. Sad!

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Funy, cause at the gyms I go to the majority look the same year after year. Sad!
    the people in my gym look the exact same way all the time too

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    at least your not getting the "you look like shit, you smoking that crack son??"
    i got from my cousin... your looking a little rough around the edges man. (cuz i have not been able to afford food so i lost 10 pounds)

Stock is offline Member
    I always use the "If I was using that crap, I'd be twice as big as I am now." Since everyone is pretty ignorant regarding gear, I let their ignorance run with it...

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i have been dealing with crap like this for years, when i wasnt on steroids i was even accused, especially by people in my gym that would see me lift heavy.

with family, i let them think whatever they want, i just dont go out of my way to let them know anything they dont need to know, as for other people who arent my family i care even less about their thoughts,accusations or opinions.

Expat is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    Mur..you can rip ur shirt off...I wanna see take a pic and post

My family has never once mentioned me being muscular and in shape. This is most likely due to the fact that my two brothers are fat and praising me would hurt the other two.

Sometimes I just wanna rip my shirt off and scream "Here I am, look at me".

j/k

facile is offline Member

SO true^^^^^^

Carlos, the chicken, been in the same situation, actually picking the bones clean not realizing others expecting some, there aren't that big!

My relatives are good with the comments, my Mom gets on my case once in a while, but she wouldn't have if my girlfriend never told my sister who told my mather because we had a falling out!
    Now I only admit it to you guys! To everyone else I just ask them "not to hate"! but the comments bother me because people who can't dedicate themselves to training want to believe everyone in shape uses AAS so they can feel better about looking like shit and not training and eating to attain results.

Logan13 is offline Banned
    It sucks, but the fact of the matter is that you do take steroids. Why not become an advocate for it. By doing so, you are put in a position to teach those who are ignorant about AAS.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Oh yeah, getting this alot.

A few weeks ago, my grandmother asked me if i'm using steroids . Got my dad popping jokes all the time, "so did you hear about your friend Barry Bonds?", "gonna go do an injection now?" etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13 View Post
    It sucks, but the fact of the matter is that you do take steroids. Why not become an advocate for it. By doing so, you are put in a position to teach those who are ignorant about AAS.
    Yeah a few people told me I should try and educate them. But I am from an extremely small conservative town and they believe any and everything they see on TV about steroids . My immediate family know and are cool with it. It's the extended family that's getting under my skin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information