Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member

did I do the right thing?

Just to warn everyone, this isn't short, and yes it has to do with another break up.

Ok, so I was seeing this girl for a couple of months. For the most part, she's a great girl. Just to describe her, she's very shy, doesn't drink, smoke, party, or anything. She has a two year old daughter. She basically doesn't have much of a future. She got pregnant at 18. Her doctors told her that she is literaly unable to attend college at the time, so she lossed her scholarship. She doesn't have much money, her parents don't make much. So her chances of going to college for awhile are slim to none. At the moment she works at a coffee shop making minimum wage.

Now her ex-fiance. He's a piece of shit. She told me at work about how much of a **** up he is. He sits at their apartment all day, doing nothing but watch TV. Not to mention that he's an illegal alien. I hate to mention this too, but he's pretty much raped her before.

So how did we end up seeing each other? She ends up telling me how much she likes me. So we start hanging out, then one thing led to another and we ended up doing the dirty a bunch of times. We kept this secret from her fiance at the time. That is until she finally told him that she's leaving him. But he hasn't gotten that through his head.

I liked her in the beginning, but that began to fade, and now... I guess all I can say is that I just care about her, but nothing more. I don't know why. This seems to have happened with every relationship I've had ever since I went through a bad break up a couple of years ago.

So why did I end it? The main reason I guess is because I'm not feeling any strong feelings for her. It just doesn't seem fair to either of us. The next, I guess I was just staying with her for comfort. I told her that we both deserve better than to just be with someone for comfort. The next, I told her that her daughter deserves to have a father figure in her life. Me, I'm not a father, and I never want to become one. The responsibility of being a parent is not for me. Next reason, she's got a psycho ex-fiance who won't get out of her life. I know since he's the father of her child she's stuck with him (being somewhat a part of her life that is), but he's trying to invade our privacy. I let this drag on for awhile, I guess because I wanted to give it a chance, even though I was pretty sure that it wouldn't work out, and now I hurt her.

She's texting me at the moment asking if my decision would have been different if she didn't have a child, asking me to tell her that everything is going to be ok. I feel so bad that I hurt her. I mean this is one of the most nicest, and quite frankly, I haven't met a girl that's a good girl (no partying, drinking, etc.) like her, but I just don't have the feelings for her.
    Last edited by bulldawg_28; 10-13-2008 at 10:22 PM.

Thread Information