tadpoleboyy is offline Member

catching/ killing your own protein

Im getting a bit sick of chicken. Does anybody here hunt or fish for a large portion of their protein? Im not talking hunting here and there, i mean at least half of your meat comes from something your killed.

So i was thinking, maybe i can do some hardcore fishing, or buy a pellet gun, because squirrel meat cant be that bad right? How many meals have you people gotten offa a big fish, like a musky? How many bluegill do you think id need to be set for a while? Has anyone really eatn squirrel? Im really thinking i can save money by doing this, but i wonder if the time spent to save money is actually that good of a deal if i could be working that amount of time?

Lets hear some input or stories about weird animals you all eat, im willing to try it out..

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I eat people

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoleboyy View Post
    Im getting a bit sick of chicken. Does anybody here hunt or fish for a large portion of their protein? Im not talking hunting here and there, i mean at least half of your meat comes from something your killed.

So i was thinking, maybe i can do some hardcore fishing, or buy a pellet gun, because squirrel meat cant be that bad right? How many meals have you people gotten offa a big fish, like a musky? How many bluegill do you think id need to be set for a while? Has anyone really eatn squirrel? Im really thinking i can save money by doing this, but i wonder if the time spent to save money is actually that good of a deal if i could be working that amount of time?

Lets hear some input or stories about weird animals you all eat, im willing to try it out..
    This is an interesting topic. First off I don't think I could ever eat squirrel, thats just nasty. If you enjoy fishing and hunting then keeping the meat would just be an added bonus!!! Vension, would be great. As far as fish go, depends on where you live. Salmon, and trout would be great for freshwater, saltwater there are so many options!!! Not to discourage you, but by the time you catch an animal or fish, plus travel time{gas), equipment, chopping the meats, preparing the kill{which you would need alot of}, it might be cheaper and less of a headache to just buy it. I say go out and have fun, and just keep and eat your kills. I'm hungry now!!!!!

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    brought down a deer and had it for a couple months....wasn't the main meat at family dinner, but we ate a ton of it between meals...deer salami and jerky and beef sticks are perfect for the late nights at work...

yea deer jerky is great. I wonder if squirrel is good, they just eat nuts and shit right? That a pretty clean diet, should be good meat. Think about the nasty stuff pigs eat... now thats a gross animal to be eatin. But seriously, theres like 80 squirrels to each person on my campus, and they are all huge. I could eat for a long time with a one time purchase of a red ryder bb gun

lol get serious man, squirrel would be ridiculous...and sarcasm is hard to pick up over the internet, but i think your just fn with us haha....but think of how small the muscles are on a squirrel in the first place, so if they're big squirrels, they're all fatty and thats gross first off, and they run around non stop so they're meat would be so tough....pigs at least chill to the slightest, so they stay tender...

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    squirrel is actually pretty good and not fatty at all. but for a meal for one it would take 3 squirrels. besides squirrel i would kill deer. takes no time to field dress them and its tons of meat. and if your lazy and dont care about using all the meat just take the back legs and the back straps.

hmm. Yea i have a hard time telling if im even being sarcastic. But i figure bear grylls can eat rabbits (which are good, i figure squirrel might be similar), and raw salmon and nasty shit, squirrels gotta be lean. Plus they come right up to ya if you got some french fries, i could bag 20 squirrels in and hour or 2 i bet. I always felt kinda guilty about how animals are slaughtered by the masses for society and people have no idea whats going on. People whine about how bad it is to kill all those animals and unethical bla bla bla. but they have no problems putting down hamburgers, so i would feel like less of a hypocrite if i did the killin myself.

Plus id feel pretty cool handing out squirrel jerky to people i work with on campus..haha

DIESELPWR is offline Member
    i have a huge freezer in my basement, and we have venison in there all the time and it lasts a while.. only have it occasionally tho.. venison burgers are awesome if you season them right... and i have a ton of fish in there that we caught too.. i mean its just a fun hobby so why not keep the food..

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    i think hunting for the sake of feeding yourself is sweet..i cant say ive ever done it, but ide be pretty damn proud of myself if i put an arrow in a wild turkey then roasted the mother****er. or a spear i sharpened myself, that would be awesome. nah **** that...im puttin some war paint on, getting a huge wooden club with a nail point sticking out of it and running buckwild into the woods swinging it around like a ****in maniac untill i find an empaled turkey hanging off it. boneless skinless chicken breast is for pussies, im gettin back to my roots.
    seriously tho, im all for catching your own food, and fully respect it.
    but for the love of god, leave the squirrels out of it. you sick bastard.

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    haha amen tank i feel you

Garnelek is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    I eat people
    Women or men?

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    I take the easy route a pickuptruck skimask and a baseball bat and I head to my local dairy farm at midnight

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    I love squirrel and rabbit meat. Lean and fun to hunt, sometimes I wonder about you guysIf you were hungry, squirrel would look great. I don't like deer meat though, taste like beef that has been fed nothing but grassstrong flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    This is an interesting topic. First off I don't think I could ever eat squirrel, thats just nasty. If you enjoy fishing and hunting then keeping the meat would just be an added bonus!!! Vension, would be great. As far as fish go, depends on where you live. Salmon, and trout would be great for freshwater, saltwater there are so many options!!! Not to discourage you, but by the time you catch an animal or fish, plus travel time{gas), equipment, chopping the meats, preparing the kill{which you would need alot of}, it might be cheaper and less of a headache to just buy it. I say go out and have fun, and just keep and eat your kills. I'm hungry now!!!!!
    omg

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    My brother in law and I used to go out in the woods and shoot what we could find..(partridge, rabbits, etc) bring it home, clean it, and throw it in the crock pot with carrots, potatoes, and seasoning...always tasted good.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    What do you tell the dean when he sees you out hunting for some food on campus like you're Jed Clampet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    What do you tell the dean when he sees you out hunting for some food on campus like you're Jed Clampet?
    That was funny as hellReminds me of that 30 days episode where they are stuck in a eco reserve and the guy says fuk it and starts shooting rabbits

I use to trap squirrels out in the back yard and eat them but it is alot of work first thing in the morning to shoot them them dress them but they are good eatingfry them with lots of hot sauce, ummmmmmmmmm

Fordfan01 is offline Member
    i hunt just about everything there is to hunt i have about 200 lbs of deer turkey duck and fish in the fridge right now

haha alright im sold on this idea, ill let you know when i get the bb gun. Or do i need a small cal. r***e? Maybe i can make some nice gloves out of the skins, or a loin cloth

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    a .22 or .223 or a shotgun if your a shitty shot.

get a compound bow

Fordfan01 is offline Member
    it all depends on wat u want to hunt as to wat type of gun u need

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    if your hunting squirrel on campus then i would use a blow gun. you laugh but it works. and if you miss, the squirrel doesnt run like they do with gun shots. and you dont have to worry about the campus police putting lead in your azz.

Thread Information