Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lifts-a-lot View Post
    I like to have a glass of wine while I am making dinner most nights and I have kept that in check pretty well. I am not a big drinker at all but I do know what you mean about feeling like shit and everything else associated with it in the next day.
    A glass of red wine is good for the heart and I believe is abundant in antioxidants. Personally, this isn't my motive for drinking, lol.

Forgot to mention, I'm natural. I would absolutely never drink while on cycle. Genetically I am fortunate to be lean. If I felt it was hindering my gains/health, I would stop in a heart beat.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac View Post
    Forgot to mention, I'm natural. I would absolutely never drink while on cycle. Genetically I am fortunate to be lean. If I felt it was hindering my gains/health, I would stop in a heart beat.
    Well bro you better stop as a naturally lean person drinking once a weeks reduction in protein synthesis is probably costing ALOT dude!!! like 2-3 ounces of muscle a year

Lol. I've gone months without drinking (deployed overseas) and didn't notice any difference. Mind you I drink max once a week, but I still think the effects aren't significant. However, I do have my own 'detox'. I feel like a little sweat and cardio cleans me up a bit. Also, the blood sugar spike from oatmeal helps too.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    aww... i remember when i was young and drinking was cool because i was underage..

AaronJM1984 is offline Member
    I love how most people's response is "I gotta have a social life, I love to go out and pick up woman and have fun"

So my question is...a social life must involve alcohol? you can't pick up women without alcohol in your body? you only have fun on Friday and Saturday while you're "out" if you're drinking?

I know I sound like an old man, but theres this phrase my mother used to always tell me, which I never bought till now "you can have fun without drinking"

Keep in mind, this whole thread was talking about drinking while on cycle, I personally don't care what anyone does or doesn't do, but if you're shooting steroids , then NO you shouldn't drink, it won't kill ya but if you don't have the commitment to quit booze for a couple months then you shouldn't be cycling. Just my 2 cents, again if you like to drink then more power to you. These alcohol questions while on cycle always come up, and its always the same exact responses.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    drinking costs $$$ another reason i think its dumb...
    in most cases its usually easier to just buy a hooker

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJM1984 View Post
    I love how most people's response is "I gotta have a social life, I love to go out and pick up woman and have fun"

So my question is...a social life must involve alcohol? you can't pick up women without alcohol in your body? you only have fun on Friday and Saturday while you're "out" if you're drinking?

I know I sound like an old man, but theres this phrase my mother used to always tell me, which I never bought till now "you can have fun without drinking"

Keep in mind, this whole thread was talking about drinking while on cycle, I personally don't care what anyone does or doesn't do, but if you're shooting steroids, then NO you shouldn't drink, it won't kill ya but if you don't have the commitment to quit booze for a couple months then you shouldn't be cycling. Just my 2 cents, again if you like to drink then more power to you. These alcohol questions while on cycle always come up, and its always the same exact responses.
    I agree there is a problem if you cant have fun with uot alcohol. But i can have fun with it to. Drinking is social like it or not.

Also IMO drinking on cycle is blown way out of proportions. Best idea no. But the side effect or exaggerated. You should see the juice heads out partying were i live. If you listen to half the BS on this board. they would all need liver transplants and be dying. Oh also they would kill there gains and look like shit. Apparently in NJ and NY we can defy the odds

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I agree there is a problem if you cant have fun with uot alcohol. But i can have fun with it to. Drinking is social like it or not.

Also IMO drinking on cycle is blown way out of proportions. Best idea no. But the side effect or exaggerated. You should see the juice heads out partying were i live. If you listen to half the BS on this board. they would all need liver transplants and be dying. Oh also they would kill there gains and look like shit. Apparently in NJ and NY we can defy the odds
    I can have fun with or without alcohol and I never need alcohol to talk to women..i enjoy having drinks with my friends..I agree with gixxer, there are plenty of juiceheads around here too that drink and party hardier than some rockstars..not the best idea either..but too many people blow things like drinking on a cycle way outta proportions...I even know a trainer back home who took a certain Olympia contestant out and got wasted one night when he was in town guest posing

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa View Post
    drinking costs $$$ another reason i think its dumb...
    in most cases its usually easier to just buy a hooker
    Im with Tai on this one......

VWbug66 is offline Senior Member
    nice lookin dog there dude

I agree, booze and roids won't kill ya, maybe not even hurt your gains all that much, I guess I just don't see a reason to drink anymore, but thats just for myself, everyone else drink up if ya like.

It is weird though sometimes, I am getting ready to go to a poker game, which is held at a bar that I used to frequent alot, but not to play cards. I see things a lot diff. now that I'm not one of the guys drunk at the bar. Sometimes I miss it, but not enough to resort to my old ways. I def. have some funny stories that would never of happened if it weren't for beer, still tho I don't wanna make any new stories, I have enough! Later guys

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VWbug66 View Post
    nice lookin dog there dude
    Thanks VWbug, she's my new girlfriend.

BabyGravy is offline Junior Member
    I havent had a drink in 2 months now and to be really honest i dont miss it. i quite enjoy going out and seeing my friends get sh*t faced and embarrass themselves and then the next day while im running around and feeling great they're all feeling sorry for themselves. hahhahaahahaa

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGravy View Post
    I havent had a drink in 2 months now and to be really honest i dont miss it. i quite enjoy going out and seeing my friends get sh*t faced and embarrass themselves and then the next day while im running around and feeling great they're all feeling sorry for themselves. hahhahaahahaa

kbarlow00 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac View Post
    I'm with you bro. I keep it pretty damn strict with diet and training M-F. Then come the weekend, I usually go out 1 night a week and have some drinks. I can't just sit somewhere and drink though, I like to socialize, dance with girls, etc. Hell, part of the reason I lift is to go out and get girls. Everybody says alcoholism is a disease. I respectfully disagree (just my opinion). I think some people genetically have addictive personalities, thus having a harder time controlling alcohol/steroid/whatever consumption. If you aren't on gear and aren't competing, I see no issues with going out and having some drinks.

I agree with what you said and of course drinking in moderation. Part of the reason why I'm here reading, and on my diet is because I would feel more confident and better about myself if I could gain a little more muscle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information