skinnyhb is offline Member

doctor for broken nose?

alright, about three weeks ago i was the lucky recipient of a headbutt at work (i'm a bouncer). my nose bled for a minute, but not very much. the next few days it was swollen and my eyes were slightly black and blue, but again, not too bad. on the exterior, my nose looks pretty straight. my girlfriend says there is a hint of crookedness, but no one else thinks so.

anyways, its three weeks later and i can hear a slight noise whenever i move or touch my nose. its hard to explain but it sounds like when you rub hairs together. will it heal on its own or should i go to the doctor? i feel like the doctor is only going to tell me to hold off on getting hit in the face for a while.

soccer#3 is offline Anabolic Member
    i can tell u from experience that a broken nose will not heal on its own. go to a doctor and get that taken care of. once ur nose is broke it'll never be as it was before but not gettin help for it is worse.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes, go to the Doctor and have it checked. From the sounds of what you are describing, it sounds like you had your septum deviated along with a mild nasal fracture and it won't just "heal" on it's own. It can cause difficulty breathing through your nose and of course as you know now, a slight noise from inhibited air-flow.

Doc M

Thread Information