Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bruteman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Odpierdol_sie! View Post
    When did you go to Poland last?

I was last there 2 years ago and i wil agree, it was cheap.
    Not the the point where i would be considered as in the top 5% of wealth in that country, far from it!.
    Walking in to McDonalds and you would pay about 7zl, approximately £1 sterling (at the time). When considering it was about £4 sterling for the same in London that is dirt cheap.

Now im sure that price will be pushed up alot higher than 2 years ago.

You are confusing the fact of WWII and communist rule.
    Poland only got free from the cold war era between 1989-1990, the state of the economic balance of that country has nothing to do with WWII.
    Saying Poland is poorer than poor is a bad stab at what you percieve to be a worse off country than yours.

I cannot see where you find the relation of the economic well being of Poland being worse off than the UK. From the fact that at the moment the UK is economically more developed than eastern Europe has nothing to do with the stability of the Polish and UK economy.

More buildings are being erected today than ever before
    House prices are on the rise.
    Borrowing is at a minimum.
    Well being is on the rise.
    Immigration is on the rise.
    Emigration is falling
    Taxes are not robbing the working man.
    Poland has alot going for it...

Poland alike with many eastern EU countries in general have a better education system than the majority of the western world.
    School leavers are normally fluent in English, Polish, Russian and French.

On top of this Poland has 4 seasons unlike the UK measly 1.5.
    Where i would you rather live?

Look at the Economic well being of your country and say is it more stable?
    Look at family values in your country and say do kids have respect for thier elders?
    Look at immigration policies of your country and say will people rise up at people coming there and not pulling their weight.
    All of the above you can say yes to about Poland
    I know for the UK each one is a NO

Ok, well a few clarifications...first off I guess I shouldn't say poorer beyond poor. That was quite an exaggeration on my part. Especially when you compare it to third world countries like those in Africa and what not. I was comparing it to the U.S. and Western European countries, so I meant poor in that regards. But, i guess if you compare it to the whole world, it is looking quite nice compared to other places like say Somalia.

Now, I dunno if it was Hitler or Communist rule, probably both, but like the whole country just looked really desolate and depressing. At least the parts I saw. Everything was just sooo old and I'd see things that were like falling apart or just all messed up. I thought it was from all the damage Hitler did in WW2 and things just never got fixed. I'd see the tiniest smallest houses without room to even park a car. I went in the fall of last year so everything was looking dead. I just got the impression of depressing and dead. That's the only time I've been there though, so I really don't have anything else to compare it with. Plus, if you say it gets all four seasons, then I guess it looks a lot nicer in the summer.

It was quite strange. I really liked it in a way. It felt as if it were, well like I said dead, and just people trying to get out, but in a way I liked it and could see myself even living there...I tend to always go the opposite way of popular opinion.

The people were all real nice. But, it was just this feeling as if there was not a whole lot going on in the country. It's hard to explain, but in a twisted way I kind of liked it.

I saw a local McDonalds (or maybe it was a Burger King), but I couldn't tell about the prices because I had know idea the exchange rate. I'd really like to go back one of these days when I have more time and money and can maybe speak a little of the language.

I sure in the heck can't stand the way western society has become. Our morals and values have gone to hell. Drugs, rap music, crime....just all bringing society to an all time low. I dunno if it's like that in Poland, but if not good. I guess one of the reasons why I kind of liked it is because you know, not many people are interested in it. Just like here in the U.S., all the places everyone think are so great, I find are the worst. You wouldn't find me caught dead in California or New York. Everyone piled up like rats, media promoting everything that is ruining society, and people all lost. I'll take the peace and quiet of Maine or Montana any day.

Odpierdol_sie.....are you from Poland?

bruteman is offline Junior Member
    Oh, nevermind....I see now you are from the UK.

Well, I guess I understand where you are getting at.....the UK is going downhill (just like the U.S.) and Poland (and all these other typically poorer countries) are rising up and getting better.

I still think it was quite bad off. But, I almost rather it be that way, because I feel as if it becomes better, than that will cause it to fall into the same cycle that has ultimately ruined Western Society. I mean say it's economy continues to grow and people all want to start moving there instead, then it will end up a degenerative mess just like America has become. It just seems as if things continually get worse the more time goes by. If you look back 20 or 30 years ago, everything seemed so much better. Now it is like drugs, gangs, robberies, crime, media sensationalism...culture gone to crap. Back in the day, people were about having a healthy family, doing what was right, not being afraid of your kids going out to play, leaving your doors unlocked was perfectly fine. I just feel society has gone to crap. At least in the U.S. I can vouch for it cause I live here. And the media and government are the two biggest problems and causes for this.
    Last edited by bruteman; 03-17-2008 at 01:44 AM.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    bruteman, same has happened to the UK mate

the country has gone mad, as you say dont want your kids going certain areas, i dont want to walk certain places after dark alone either tbh

crime is always up, just less reported so they can say its down etc- and when people are caught they get some ridiculous punishment, like a suspended sentance or a few months

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information