Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    I dont smoke, and have never had the experience of needing to give something up, here's an idea

sign yourself up for a bodybuilding competetiion right now.....a year from now......focus all your energy on that.....Perhaps your brain will prioritize bodybuilding over smoking.....just watch out so one addiction doesst just get transfered to another
    i could make a confident hypothesis that the majority of us here are obsessed with ourselves/bodybuilding....

...myself included.

mick86 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    i could make a confident hypothesis that the majority of us here are obsessed with ourselves/bodybuilding....

...myself included.
    Good point.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by siddy101 View Post
    I have been trying to quit for a long year now, gum patches losenges and tapering down to low tar ciggarettes but nothing beats that morning smoke with a coffee. I am trying to be professional with my lifting but know my progress is marred because of my habit I can't kick.

Is anyone here in my situation at all?

Siddy
    haven't read the thread, but I think you should try something totally different than what you've been doing for a year. people try the same things over and over and expect different results. doing the same thing = same results. do something different to get different results. my .02

Gators is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shifty_git View Post
    One simple word.. ZYBAN

Start wanting to give up,
    Start the zyban,
    About a week later set a date another week later to quit,
    When you do smoke you will crave them but wont finish them,
    By the time that day comes ciggis arnt giving you the hit or the pleasure they used 2,
    A week to 2 weeks after that day ciggis will taste metalic and horrible..

Job Done.
    Right-o, but take Wellbutrin, same ingredient, but insurance will pay and most won't for Zyban (how stoopid is that, insurance companies won't pay for stuff to quit smoking). It does take willpower, alot of it, but the Wellbutrin definitely helps. Please don't start dipping to quit cigs, i never really smoked other than in bars in college, but i've battled Skoal and Cope for quite some time, right now i got it whipped, but do smoke a cigar or two a week.

aolsux00 is offline Associate Member
    Dude, F zyban, F patches, F gums, all of them are crap. My mom quit after 40 years of smoking with chantix. Im telling you it isnt easy, and you have to change your behaviors if your serious. Lets say you smoke everytime your in your car, stop doing that. Find something else to do if you smoke on each one of your work breaks, etc... Then get some chantix and you'll be able to quit. Its a miracle drug, I know tons of people that have quit using it.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    man theres no doubt its hard, i watched my mom quit a few times and she was always a wreck. and im not trying to point a finger from outside the circle of relatable experience, but for the love of god. smoking sucks. it doesnt give you a buzz, all it does is satisfy a chemical craving, and it ****in kills you! it ****in KILLS you. think about everything you enjoy in life. everything..smoking has a negative effect on every single aspect of your life - aside from fixing the chemical dependancy that you only maintain, from smoking!! from your breath, to your dick function, to your taste buds to your lifespan. you want to do something unhealthy? eat a cheese burger. at least it tasted good. but goddamn man, toss the cigarettes, cause the day you wake up and feel like a million bucks with a slew of pollutants cleansed from your body, you wont want to smoke again.
    good luck man

tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member
    One day i woke up and decided i had enough....i smoked for most of my adult life (7 years and im 21) Smoked one of the worst cigarettes fro ya and i refused to smoke anything else than NEWPORT 100's...It is really hard the whole motivation factor for me was gaining weight....I was so skinny it was sickning 114 pounds at 6'1.....I knew if i kicked the habit i could make gains....so thats when i woke up one day and was just like fuk it....i havent had a cigarette for 4 months 28 days. not a single puff..i know im not out of the woods yet but u gotta start somewhere..reading this forum is giving me a huge craving . if your trying to quit dont read this it isolates the mind toward smoking..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information