Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    siddy101 is offline Associate Member

I cant stop smoking

I have been trying to quit for a long year now, gum patches losenges and tapering down to low tar ciggarettes but nothing beats that morning smoke with a coffee. I am trying to be professional with my lifting but know my progress is marred because of my habit I can't kick.

Is anyone here in my situation at all?

Siddy

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quitting smoking is actually harder if you try to manage it.

I use to do 2-3 a day, 1 a day, quit for a week, start for a week, and I thought because I had this "control" over IT, IT would never control me.

I tried nicorette (which does help I won't deny that) tried switching brands, but eventually you really must have a GOOD reason to stop that will ultimately last longer than a few months.

It really is a psychological mind fvck on yourself. And the process is different for everyone. Only thing I can say is have some kind of reminder everyday of why you should/want to stop.
    Get a quit smoking calendar of pictures with people dying from lung cancer and anything graphic that will be the first thing you see in the morning.
    More more importantly, when you stop, shift all your obsessive energies towards something new. I starting doing irresponsible amounts of cardio, like 2 hours a day.
    And when I came home and had the thought of smoking something just made it easier not to.
    Maybe the endorphins, maybe the sacrifice, maybe the replacement of one habit for another. I don't know. But read about "anchors" in NLP. It will help you realize WHY you need to get away from coffee for a good while.

Drink hot chocolate if you must. Quitting smoking is as hard as you make it. I've seen people literally just throw a pack a way and never smoke again. I've seen people struggle for years.
    The main difference between them was one had an absolute REASON and feeling of conviction that its what they REALLY NEEDED to do. If you can't find that reason inside of yourself, through exposure, education or w/e, your chances will probably be slim.
    But g/luck!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Drugs are hard to quit! Sucks I guess huh?
    ***No source checks!!!***

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    One simple word.. ZYBAN

Start wanting to give up,
    Start the zyban,
    About a week later set a date another week later to quit,
    When you do smoke you will crave them but wont finish them,
    By the time that day comes ciggis arnt giving you the hit or the pleasure they used 2,
    A week to 2 weeks after that day ciggis will taste metalic and horrible..

Job Done.

Thanks for replys, expecially the first

rager is offline Member
    Try Chantix, it seems to really work well for some people. Thats the latest these days. It really does work for some people apparently. My wife has been taking it and she says she has really no desire to smoke anymore.

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    everyone i have known has said that snuff is so much harder then smoking to quit. Maybe because everyone i know that does both has been chewing since age 11-12. Ya hillbillies

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    silly acetylcholine

rager is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    why is there a Poopsicle after all my posts ??

Dangercat00 is offline Junior Member
    This may be leading you down the wrong path, but when I decided to quit I started dipping instead. I found that Skoal gives a stronger burst of nicotine and then I would have use it like 3 times a day. Over the course of a few weeks I would use less and less and at this point I am completely tobacco free. Of course, you might just get an even worse addiction to dip...so think about it before you do it.
    Last edited by Dangercat00; 03-15-2008 at 12:54 PM.

my friend tattooed a no-smoking sign on his knee to remind him. I guess being branded with a symbol of his purpose really helped. He's got health issues and knew if he didnt stop he'd be dead before 50

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    I was and it was really hard to quit. Not being around other smokers helps alot. The other motive was on season. I had no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by siddy101 View Post
    I have been trying to quit for a long year now, gum patches losenges and tapering down to low tar ciggarettes but nothing beats that morning smoke with a coffee. I am trying to be professional with my lifting but know my progress is marred because of my habit I can't kick.

Siddy

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    I started smoking about two years ago (late 20's) and I hate it. I can go a few days without a smoke then I find myself at a 7/11 buying a pack and not even realizing it.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I wonder why they don't have rehab for Nicotine? A smoker is a drug addict the same as anyone else that is addicted to a drug.

Oh, probably because the FDA say's this drug is ok. haha
    ***No source checks!!!***

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Be a MAN and cut the girl smokin.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    sorry a little tuff but I meant what i said

Taa im thinking of mega dosing the gum
    cheers for replys

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rager View Post
    Try Chantix, it seems to really work well for some people. Thats the latest these days. It really does work for some people apparently. My wife has been taking it and she says she has really no desire to smoke anymore.
    this stuff really works... i know many people personally that have quit while takin chantix... it allows you to smoke while taking the drug for the first couple weeks and as you get further and further into the treament you don't even wana smoke ciggarettes anymore....

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    All comes down to will power. I quit years ago, cold turkey.

BabyGravy is offline Junior Member
    I've also been trying for a while now, it is hard. especially when every single one of your friends smoke.... its ok when im by myself, but when i go out, i say no and i say no and i say no, but then later on i eventually just cave in and have one. Then i have to start quiting all over again

nowdenlid is offline Banned
    ya me too i smoke around 6-10 ed and hate it but jst cant beat the craveing i think a good time to try and stop is when you come down with a cold or flu and you dont smoke for a few days ,am going to give it a shot next time i am not feeling so good.

Nismo is offline Member
    I feel your pain bro, I have been wanting to quit for the longest time but I can't. It seems the longer I try to quit the more I want to smoke. I hate it.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    One day I decided that I was sick of feeling out of breath and sick of smelling like stale smoke so I just stopped. My sons were also a huge motivation. I hid my smoking from them and then I realized I was actually ashamed of letting my sons knew I smoked. That sucks, especially when you want to be a role model and hero to your kids...

I guess you just have to have the right motivation and right amount of willpower to quit smoking.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    My aunt smoked for 30 years tried EVERYthing to quit many times. .... she got on chantix and quit and said it wasent hard at all her husband smokes because he wants to and it dosent bother her.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    I am afraid I do not believe in all that shite about gum, pills, patches etc. In the end it all comes down to pure WILLPOWER! You must WANT to give up and you must fight the desire to light up. It is very, very difficult.

I had my first full cigarette at aged 7 and was on 20 a day from 14. I smoked a pack of 200 a week for a few years and then gave up aged 24. It was hard and I still occasionally desire a quick drag!

I have not had a smoke now for 29 years ...... but if I have one I will be on 200 a week in no time!!

adam_05 is offline New Member
    if you want a different way than Rx's and pills.....there is an herbal oil called Thyme,and if u drop 1 drop of it on your tongue and then smoke a cigarette,it will taste fvcking horrible and you will think of that every time you want to light up.

BTW,the oil doesn't taste bad,but when you take a drag it does something to the taste of it and it its bad bro.trust me i did it about 10 years ago.you can put a drop of the end of the cigarette too,that works also,easier than tasting the oil too.

rager is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    All comes down to will power. I quit years ago, cold turkey.
    looking at that avatar will make you quit smoking

rager is offline Member
    stick 25 cigs in your mouth and smoke them all at once... you will quit after that nic bzzz

VIPLV is offline Junior Member
    I just started up again like 30 min ago (which is why I'm in this blog) after two weeks of no smoking! I couldn't handle the bloating any longer! No other withdrawals symptoms, just bloating. I was/am miserable. I might try some of the suggestions in here, but it was the bloating that killed me. Anybody know anything that could help me out with some serious bloat?????

High-roller is offline Member
    Well man I quit smokin, and it was hard. but for some reason I think it is harder to quit eatting , I am trying to cut down and I can't put some foods away.

I know this has nothing to do with smoking but, damn I didn't think it would be so hard.

Anyways I used the gum and chew like two pieces at once and chew them till I felt sick, and before that I smoked 3 smokes at once and then after them I smoked one like it was a J, AND THEN I had the gum, and I felt sick as hell, and never went back

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i suggest you quit at the beginning of a bulker. my appetite increases alot when i quit. i was always stuffing my face with food like it was some kinda replacement for smoking. thats just my exp anyways.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by siddy101 View Post

Siddy
    I only smpke n the morning w/my coffee and on the wkends if i go out.

pumpd4lif is offline Senior Member
    Bro u have to want to stop man,i just started smoking again after quitting for 5 years
    And well i just stopped again 3 days ago ,damn smokes are nasty YuCK!

High-roller is offline Member
    Smokin isn't good for anyone trying to bulk, I see it this way, if you are trying to get in shape and get big, Smokin isn't going to help at all.

I quit abiout 2 & half years ago, This christmas I was off work for 2 weeks do to christmas. My bro came up with them Prime times Cigs. He ask if I wanted one. So I was in the happy mood and talking mood having a drink and all that and said ok.

I ended up starting to smoke two a day for 3 weeks and seen that my pumps in the gym weren't there and I felt like doing nothing anymore. So if I was to do it again I would say no mor egym, So think about it, Health or Death!!!!

Anyways I still think cutting diet is harder to do then quit smoking hahahah

Peace

VIPLV is offline Junior Member
    Did any of you feel really bloated when you quit??? I mean I felt and looked 10 months pregnant, and I'm a dude!!!!! I think I'm gonna need to take arimidex at .25 eod for my "stop smoking" PCT!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPLV View Post
    Did any of you feel really bloated when you quit??? I mean I felt and looked 10 months pregnant, and I'm a dude!!!!! I think I'm gonna need to take arimidex at .25 eod for my "stop smoking" PCT!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i cant say i ever experienced any bloating when i quit. hit the gym and do some cardio maybe? try to burn it off doing something productive

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Trying eating a pack, worked for a few of my friends.

mick86 is offline Member
    Hypnosis sessions can be very useful. It may take a few appointments to completely kick the habit but ive seen it work for a few friends. Sometimes the hypnotist will get you to chain smoke during the sessions and after a few sessions you will want to through up any time you even smell a cigarette let alone light up.

Its not a magic cure but can give you a leg up if you are already at least some what committed.

mick86 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Trying eating a pack, worked for a few of my friends.
    In regards to his/her diet plan would they call that their cheat day...

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    I dont smoke, and have never had the experience of needing to give something up, here's an idea

sign yourself up for a bodybuilding competetiion right now.....a year from now......focus all your energy on that.....Perhaps your brain will prioritize bodybuilding over smoking.....just watch out so one addiction doesst just get transfered to another

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information