shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware

New Star Trek Film..

..Anyone going to see it when it comes out?
    (was meant to be later this year, now summer next year)

I thought cloverfield was interestingly filmed.. what ya think J J Abrams will make of this film?

Some good cast involved which im surprised about as normally actors would hate the stigma attached of being a trekkie.

Teaser Trailer

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/...lay-E37626-314
    or
    http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/180975...tv-s.60413718-
    Last edited by shifty_git; 03-22-2008 at 04:18 PM.

o, and dont pretend you haven't seen at least 2 of the older ones and not enjoyed them when you were younger!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I will wait to see more before I can say if this will suck or not. But with Hollywood's lack of imagination and orginality, it will most likely suck.
    ***No source checks!!!***

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    It looked promising for a second but what freakin part does wanona rider freakin play...

Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer View Post
    It looked promising for a second but what freakin part does wanona rider freakin play...
    Spocks human mother apparently...

So hopefully not in it much!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Im not very optimistic, I love Star Trek. I have probably seen each and every episode of TNG and every movie ever made and I love em. But this whole idea of making a movie of Kirk and Spock when they are in the academy is crap. Star Trek is in desparate need of something new and going back to before the TOS days is not something new

Leonard Nimoy is spock, how can ever Zachary Quinto live up to that? I hope I will be suprised and enjoy the movie though.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    star trek always made me furious as a kid...if i walked into the tv room and someone had control over the remote and was watching star trek my day was ruined. well at least the next hour was. i havent heard anything about this new movie, and hopefully/most likely will continue to not hear anything.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kärnfysikern View Post
    Im not very optimistic, I love Star Trek. I have probably seen each and every episode of TNG and every movie ever made and I love em. But this whole idea of making a movie of Kirk and Spock when they are in the academy is crap. Star Trek is in desparate need of something new and going back to before the TOS days is not something new

Leonard Nimoy is spock, how can ever Zachary Quinto live up to that? I hope I will be suprised and enjoy the movie though.
    Co-signed. I don't know what this thing is to keep going further back to find something new in Star Trek? They need to make a new movie or series on the back of the last Star Trek movie, maybe something where Ryker is now the Captain of the USS Titan with a whole new cast playing the crew. Or maybe something set a 100 years further on from there. No1 wants to know about Star Trek, pre TOS era.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Co-signed. I don't know what this thing is to keep going further back to find something new in Star Trek? They need to make a new movie or series on the back of the last Star Trek movie, maybe something where Ryker is now the Captain of the USS Titan with a whole new cast playing the crew. Or maybe something set a 100 years further on from there. No1 wants to know about Star Trek, pre TOS era.
    Damn straight.
    It seems like the franchise is all out of ideas, with such a rich universe there is plenty of stuff to make something new. Unfortunaly I havent seen much of voyager and not to the end of DS9.

I would rather se more of Data or Worf than of Ryker to be honest, I never liked Ryker much but dont know why.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Damn straight.
    It seems like the franchise is all out of ideas, with such a rich universe there is plenty of stuff to make something new. Unfortunaly I havent seen much of voyager and not to the end of DS9.

I would rather se more of Data or Worf than of Ryker to be honest, I never liked Ryker much but dont know why.

You're just mad at Ryker because he always banged Deana Troi.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    Screw troi, Id prefer her mother she looks like a dirty one

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Damn straight.

Those two characters (Worf and DATA) were pure comedy during comedy relief moments and kickass during kickass moments! Johan if I was you, buy a coupla seasons of Voyager, you wont be dissapointed. From series 3 onwards it gets really good, with lots of storylines centered around the Borg and introduces a new species more powerful than the Borg. Man I used to be such a proper lil trekky!

Voyager is on my has to watch list no doubt I have to se all DS9 episodes aswell, I have only seen the first two seasons.

Thread Information