so im in the bathroom(a story of a popped ear drum)

so im in the bathroom dickin around with an earswob in my ear to clear some wax. appearantly i pushed to hard and caused the wax to clog it up. cant hear a damned thing. and when i try to clean it out it hurts like hell. been this way for a day and a half. any tips, tricks, advice to help ?

thanks

jbonez19 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtball_619 View Post
    so im in the bathroom dickin around with an earswob in my ear to clear some wax. appearantly i pushed to hard and caused the wax to clog it up. cant hear a damned thing. and when i try to clean it out it hurts like hell. been this way for a day and a half. any tips, tricks, advice to help ?

thanks
    i'm not sure what you have in the states but in oz we have this stuff in a can with one of those ear cones on it, it's called "audiclean". you squirt this shit into your ears and it dissolves all the wax away. you just get it from the chemist or drugstore whatever you guys call it there, the pharmacy. my grandma used to say you shouldn't put anything in your ear smaller than your elbow!!?! now that you've kind of aggravated your ear, i wouldn't go shoving anything else in there. good luck.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    murine makes an ear wax cleaner.

Hudson is offline Junior Member
    Go see your doc, if it's just blocked with wax he'll probably syringe it. You can try a olive oil in there a couple of times a week to loosen the wax also but i wouldn't do that till you've been the docs incase you've perforated your ear drum. If it is perforated it will repair itself in time but will take a few months.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    i wouldnt take a chance, go visit your doc

guess i damaged the ear drum. damn it hurts like all get out. they syringed it and the water in my "inner ear" messed up my balance. i was spinning for 5 minutes. kind of funny.

but ya they cleaned it out completely but they said my ear drum will take 2-3 months to heal. im still def in that ear which is pretty annoying.

thanks for the replys guys

Hollywood080 is offline Anabolic Member
    good luck with that bro. that sux!

Hudson is offline Junior Member
    Mine got a lot better after a couple of weeks, just had a kind of a muffled sound for a couple of months till it completely healed. Just be careful for a while, make sure you protect it by wearing a hat or plug it with some cotton wool when you go out if it's windy or cold, it'll be a lot easier to get an infection until it's healed.

haha yeah it does! last night i made sure to sleep on the side with my good ear facing up so i would be able to here my alarm clock.... well i roll in my sleep, and was late to work this morning because my good ear was on the pillow.

what should i do in this situation, i think a streight jacket and some tie downs are in order... maybe not, then how would i get up hahaha

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Get a friend to blow in the opposite ear thats clogged, the air should easily pass through and pop the other clear.

real funny DSM. it was called for though i had that one coming

Thread Information