Ajc330 is offline Senior Member

Jack the Ripper or Zodiac Killer?

I got to write a paper for my criminalistics class about either Jack the Ripper or the Zodiac Killer. I'm aiming towards Jack the Ripper, the Zodiac Killer is very interesting but the goal of this paper is to explain how the police departments handled these cases wrong. After explaining how the police departments screwed the cases up, I have to list what they should have done instead. The Zodiac Killer seems really complicated and I don't know if I'll have enough information to cover 6-7 pages, doesn't seem too hard, I just wish I got picked to do the Oj case

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    OJ caseHis whole life has been one fuking circus

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    jack the ripper would be easier bro'.....less sophisticated ways of doing things back then, i'm sure you could find plenty of shity police work

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajc330 View Post
    I got to write a paper for my criminalistics class about either Jack the Ripper or the Zodiac Killer. I'm aiming towards Jack the Ripper, the Zodiac Killer is very interesting but the goal of this paper is to explain how the police departments handled these cases wrong. After explaining how the police departments screwed the cases up, I have to list what they should have done instead. The Zodiac Killer seems really complicated and I don't know if I'll have enough information to cover 6-7 pages, doesn't seem too hard, I just wish I got picked to do the Oj case
    If you are going to do Jackie boy, might I suggest reading "Portrait of a Killer" by Patricia Cornwell? Really good stuff that shed new light on the Ripper case. There was also a documentory by Cornwell on the same subject, you should seek out. She claimed to have worked out who he was.

Synyster is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
    OJ caseHis whole life has been one fuking circus
    Hey OJ didnt do it.....did he?? LOL!!!

Broken Promises is offline New Member
    I would pick the Zodiac Killer as primary sources are more readily available and can be obtained quickly. I can only imagine the work involved in finding original primary sources for Jack the Ripper.

Of course, my opinion is only relative to the requirements set forth by the teacher.

What kind of bibliography or works cited do you need?
    What is the requirement on these parts and what format are they making you do?

Thread Information