Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    ill come over if your gonna cook...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB View Post
    ill come over if your gonna cook...
    You can come over to. We can have a gangba.... sleep over.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    You can come over to. We can have a gangba.... sleep over.
    oh ok...for a second there i though you were gonna say Gangbang...but i would love a sleepover...see ya soon...ill bring the carrot....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB View Post
    oh ok...for a second there i though you were gonna say Gangbang...but i would love a sleepover...see ya soon...ill bring the carrot....
    I only have one sleeping bag for all of us so we will have to make due. Don't forget the carrots, i wanna show you a trick.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I only have one sleeping bag for all of us so we will have to make due. Don't forget the carrots, i wanna show you a trick.
    OK... it's just you two. I'm not comin'!
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    i have no issues with gay ppl. i personally dont care what or who you do. but i figure if gays can protest well so can anti-gay organizations. now i do personally think that having gay perades and such is retarted but to each there own. being made fun of becasue your gay is no diff then ppl makeing fun of ppl becasue they are fat or because they are ugly or dont dress worth a damn. it will never go away. i dont judge anyone.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    was that in philly bud? It bs and im sorry. If you want to goto church ill buy you the megaphone

kirk3624 is offline Associate Member
    It is interesting that religion is almost ALWAYS the driving force behind any type of discrimination. Can't you see that religion is a tool to separate the masses? A tool that is working extremely well. If people united and left behind their differences that originate from religion, the world would be a much better place.

I may be young but I do know my history. The bible was also used to justify slavery during that time period, and it is easy to find multiple references.

How do powerful people stay in power? The separate the masses. Works like a charm.

I support gays 100% and realistically anyone who supports any kind of discrimination is reducing the overall freedoms of being a human.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    was that in philly bud? It bs and im sorry. If you want to goto church ill buy you the megaphone
    Yup, on market st.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I do have one question for you DSM, and not trying to be a ass or anything, but:
    what are gay pride parades trying to accomplish? from what i can see ( i have friends that are gay) the only thing would be a social accomplishment. When woman protested, they wanted to vote and be equal to men, blacks protesting wanting to have the same rights as whites. HOmosexuality doesnt really have a race? or sex? so what are you trying to accomplish? that we look at you differently in the street? ( i speak of you in a figurative manner, not you but gay pride enthusiasts) is the government holding back anything because of your sexuality? or is it more of a social equality?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    I do have one question for you DSM, and not trying to be a ass or anything, but:
    what are gay pride parades trying to accomplish? from what i can see ( i have friends that are gay) the only thing would be a social accomplishment. When woman protested, they wanted to vote and be equal to men, blacks protesting wanting to have the same rights as whites. HOmosexuality doesnt really have a race? or sex? so what are you trying to accomplish? that we look at you differently in the street? ( i speak of you in a figurative manner, not you but gay pride enthusiasts) is the government holding back anything because of your sexuality? or is it more of a social equality?
    what are gay pride parades trying to accomplish?
    To celebrate the rights that took us years to earn.

so what are you trying to accomplish?
    social acceptance and to be treated as equal as anyone else.

is the government holding back anything because of your sexuality?
    Can we marry and get the same rights at straight people ? Then yes, we are being held back.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    every church has thier fundimentalists. just do what 90% percent of the population does, gay or straight. ignore them.

Blog Entries
    ok thanks for clearing that up... 1 more question, cant gay people get cival unions? which is basically the same thing as a marriage?

Blog Entries
    ok thanks for clearing that up... 1 more question, cant gay people get cival unions? which is basically the same thing as a marriage?
    Some states do allow for Civil Unions but even with that we still do not get all the rights as married couples.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Some states do allow for Civil Unions but even with that we still do not get all the rights as married couples.
    I've been married for over 20 yrs, its not all its cracked up to be. A lot of pain comes along with that little piece of paper.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    I've been married for over 20 yrs, its not all its cracked up to be. A lot of pain comes along with that little piece of paper.
    At least you have the option.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    At least you have the option.
    Thats true,if two consenting adults want to get married, I'm all for it,it shouldn't even be a gay -hetero issue. I think alot of times the people doing the protesting are envious, their lives are crap and want everyone elses to be the same. Also those people may be closeted gays...hows that saying go? Me doth think thou protests too much.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Huh . . . Try telling heterosexuals that all they can get from now on are Civil Unions, and watch the rioting begin . . .

Blog Entries
    ah ok...

We gays probably wouldn't bother with parades and the whole gay rights thing if it wasn't for laws that keep us from doing what y'all do.
    The law makes us second class citizens, and we don't like it. Nobody should be surprised when we complain.

As far as what the Bible has to say about gay sex -- I'll go toe-to-toe with anyone over the validity of what the Bible says. Anyone want to try? (It would be best to start another thread)

Basically, the Old Testament is just a bunch of religious folktales spun by rural nomads years ago. They couldn't have written the first 5 books of the OT until about 1000 BC (probably later) after the time of King David. There is absolutely no corroborating evidence for the highly unlikely tales (which are, of course, completely anonymous) of Adam & Eve, the Flood, the Exodus. The New Testament is based on the Old, which gives it a shaky foundation of sand, and is full of silliness that withers under close examination.
    Paul, one of the New Testament writers, opined that men with long hair, and women with short hair, were contrary to God's will. He also opined that women were obliged to wear hats in church and had to refrain from speaking in church. He wrote that if a woman had a question about what was going on in church, then she must wait until she got home, and then she could ask her husband.

What rot.

And the Book of Revelation was shat by a delusional lunatic. Anyone who takes those scrawlings seriously cannot distinguish between reality and fantasy. Countless prophecies have been made based on that book (most notably The Late Great Planet Earth http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lat...t_Planet_Earth by Hal Lindsey), and every attempt to foretell the future was a worthless, pointless exercise in foolishness.

Personally, I have no quarrell with anyone who harbors a religious opinion about anything, even if it's based on the Bible, Christian Science, Scientology, Mormonism, Islam, or whatever, so long as they don't force their opinions on me. But when they do (Bible Fundamentalists frequently do), I'm ready to go toe-to-toe with 'em, to confront their fantasy and speculations with reality.

Whoo . . . . I'm getting off my soapbox now . . .

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock View Post
    We gays probably wouldn't bother with parades and the whole gay rights thing if it wasn't for laws that keep us from doing what y'all do.
    The law makes us second class citizens, and we don't like it. Nobody should be surprised when we complain.

As far as what the Bible has to say about gay sex -- I'll go toe-to-toe with anyone over the validity of what the Bible says. Anyone want to try? (It would be best to start another thread)

Basically, the Old Testament is just a bunch of religious folktales spun by rural nomads years ago. They couldn't have written the first 5 books of the OT until about 1000 BC (probably later) after the time of King David. There is absolutely no corroborating evidence for the highly unlikely tales (which are, of course, completely anonymous) of Adam & Eve, the Flood, the Exodus. The New Testament is based on the Old, which gives it a shaky foundation of sand, and is full of silliness that withers under close examination.
    Paul, one of the New Testament writers, opined that men with long hair, and women with short hair, were contrary to God's will. He also opined that women were obliged to wear hats in church and had to refrain from speaking in church. He wrote that if a woman had a question about what was going on in church, then she must wait until she got home, and then she could ask her husband.

What rot.

And the Book of Revelation was shat by a delusional lunatic. Anyone who takes those scrawlings seriously cannot distinguish between reality and fantasy. Countless prophecies have been made based on that book (most notably The Late Great Planet Earth http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lat...t_Planet_Earth by Hal Lindsey), and every attempt to foretell the future was a worthless, pointless exercise in foolishness.

Personally, I have no quarrell with anyone who harbors a religious opinion about anything, even if it's based on the Bible, Christian Science, Scientology, Mormonism, Islam, or whatever, so long as they don't force their opinions on me. But when they do (Bible Fundamentalists frequently do), I'm ready to go toe-to-toe with 'em, to confront their fantasy and speculations with reality.

lol that was awesome

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock View Post

What rot.

Amen brotha

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Being discriminated against because you are gay, is no different than being discriminated against because you are black or asian. They are both things which you have no choice, or control over. Unlike being fat, which is a lifestyle choice, and which a person with enough hard work and dedication can overcome. No one can overcome their "blackness" just like I'm sure most of us straight people could never overcome our "heterosexualness" and switch to being homosexual, had that been the status quo. You have to put it in terms that you can relate to. Gay people no more choose to be gay than I could choose to be white.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    So, to add to my previous post.. What the gay rallies amount to, are the same as the civil rights rallies of the 1960s. And what the people holding those signs amount to, are the KKK and other hate driven and motivated organizations frequented my members who are uneducated bigots.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    I love gay & lesbian activist events for many reasons...

The first and foremost reason is it flies right in the face of organized religion and all the fundamentalist minions who dogmatically believe in god. Being an atheist, I think it really demonstrates the ignorance of religious people which I think needs to be exposed as to how narrow religious beliefs really are.

Your pictures DSM are great examples of this. (I love in the one picture where it looks like all the religious zealots are wearing armbands… It’s very Getstapo-ish… How appropriate)

Secondly, gays are one of the most openly discriminated groups in the United States and that has got to change and the more people understand this through awareness the more fair society at large can be.

Third, some of these events are just plain fun with some of the more flamboyant participants involved with the activities it becomes quite the event / party….

I think the U.S. needs more parades/ social activities to raise awareness to the plight of gays and lesbians and to promote acceptance. I live in Southern CA so prejudice is not as bad but when I travel to places such as the mid west or to some bible belt states the hostility towards gays is no joke, which IMHO is NOT right. I find that in the more rural states with great religious influence I have to keep my thoughts to myself or otherwise I may get hurt…

So keep up the good work and continue supporting the cause because the change may be small but its still change for the better.
    Last edited by Fat Guy; 05-05-2008 at 12:32 AM.

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    You are a pagan DSM

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckLee View Post
    You are a pagan DSM
    Christianity is Pagan
    ask me how

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    Main Entry: mar·riage
    Pronunciation: \ˈmer-ij, ˈma-rij\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English mariage, from Anglo-French, from marier to marry
    Date: 14th century

(1): the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2): the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage

as listed by Merriam-Webster

Now im not the sharpest tool in the shed here but im going to assume that gays would want this redifined. Well that is all fine and dandy but why stop there? Im sure pedifiles would like marriage laws redifined as well. Are they not equal? I myself happen to be in love with animals. Why cant i marry them? Im gonna march!

Our beloved 1st amendment protects our rights to religious freedoms. Then why force government employees to sanction gay marriage if they are religiously opposed to it?

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    if it werent for all the neccessary reading involved to get into this discussion ide be all over it.
    *strums ukulele*

Johnny_Rotten is offline Associate Member

The thing i don't understand is why the f#ck would these religious nuts follow gay people around all day?

I mean, buy a f#cken xbox or go collect stamps. Is your life that f#cken boring that you have to follow other people around & attempt to bring them down with your narrow minded BS?

All i can say is, religion makes god the biggest reason for war, before money even.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Rotten View Post
    The thing i don't understand is why the f#ck would these religious nuts follow gay people around all day?
    Quite simply, it's because when they look at other people's alleged shortcomings, they are too busy to look at their own.

Compare the effort they make to address homosexuality to the effort they make to clean up adultery. About 3% of the population is gay, but 50% of the population is adulterous. If they were to preach against adulterers with the enthusiasm they do against gays, they'd chase away half their congregation, and lose half their income in the process.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey Tock, there's also the theory that Paul was a closet homosexual. I kinda laughed after I re-read some of the books with that point of view and all his rules.

The reasons for Paul's conversion is a question that deserves discussion here. Saul, the pre-conversion Roman Jew, was a man with an intense self loathing. He doesn't tell us why, but time and again, he describes himself as a sinner who was far beyond any possible redemption. A man who stood condemned in the eyes of God. A man clearly destined for hell, and there's nothing he himself could do about it, especially since his body's 'member' would not cooperate. It's not his persecution of the Christians that creates the self loathing; rather it is the other way around. Something was eating at Saul. It clearly related to behavior, because he describes himself as being a sinner. Over the centuries, many suggestions have been made as to what might have been the source of that self loathing. Few of them are really convincing, they all seem to have serious problems - except for one: the suggestion that Paul was a repressed homosexual. Homosexuality was not widely condemned in this region at the time, yet it could possibly have been a personal interpretation of Levitical proscriptions that drove him to consider himself a sinner for being a homosexual. Yet when he experiences his conversion, he realizes that by the grace of God, his homosexuality no longer matters, for God loves him, the same as all men. I say this after having read the references in the New Testament in which Paul speaks of his shame and his self loathing: his words have a startlingly deep resonance with every gay man who was ever brought up in a Christian environment. This theory alone to the exclusion of all others I've seen explains all the strange aspects of Paul's attitudes towards sexuality - the proclivity to a monastic degree of chastity, the extreme mysogony, the fact that he remained single and urged others in his situation, whatever that was, to do likewise, and the frequent discussions of how the 'members' of his body do not cooperate with his spiritual goals, and his despair over his inability to effect the changes he would like. All of these evidences are consonant with the repressed-gay theory; no other theory I know of account for them all.
    I hasten to add here, that there is no factual evidence to indicate that Paul was gay. The evidence is purely circumstantial, as is much of the evidence widely accepted in Biblical scholasticism. It has been charged that I included this theory only because "it irks Christians" or because I am myself gay. This is simply not true. I have included it, because it fits the evidence better than any other theory I have seen - the evidence fits remarkably well. On a personal note, I don't happen to care a whit whether Paul was gay or not - I have no investment in the theory as I am not a Christian; I'm only trying to arrive at a theory that fits the evidence better than any other, and so far, I have yet to find another that fits it better. If the reader can offer one, I'd be delighted to entertain it, and I hasten to point out that I have analyzed dozens of theories. The search for truth is a search for the best evidential fit, not the search for comfort, so whether Christians find the theory irksome, troublesome or disturbing, or whether the author of this essay is gay, is really quite irrelevant to reality. But I digress from the story...
    If this theory is true, it may well be that the whole of the Christian edifice of sexual doctrine, and even of Christianity itself, is built on the foundation of the self-loathing of a repressed gay man, unable to change himself or find salvation within himself, but finding salvation only in the grace of God. Again, if this theory is true, try to imagine how world history might have been different had Saul not been born gay and suffered the self-loathing that resulted from that circumstance of his birth.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    This is what i don't understand. Ok listen, i understand that you bible thumpers don't like gay people right ? Then why when the city is having a peaceful gay rights day where people from all around come (with their children) these bashers decided to come and tell everyone they are going to hell ? What kind of message does that send to others about their own religion ? Sounds like a cult, like its my way or the highway type deal.

Do you see me going to churches and yelling on a mega-phone that i think they are wrong ?

Here are a couple of quick pics i got with my phone.

I wont to know what that incredibly ugly gay women is trying to stick into the back of the head of the other incredibly ugly gay woman. ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    I wont to know what that incredibly ugly gay women is trying to stick into the back of the head of the other incredibly ugly gay woman. ?
    Couples would come up to where these guys were preaching and start hooking up (which drove them crazy lol). When i originally took the shot i didn't even notice they were there until later on when i looked at the photo again .

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    a lolli pop

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    I rented escape to canada and the "great" jimmy swaggert said that he would kill any gay man that flirted with him and I was like wtf? Then they said that "what's next, marrying cows?" they truly are the crazies. I support gay marriage, it's not hurting shlt so who cares? I hate hypocrites and that seems to be what alot of religion is I support anything that doesn't hurt or violate any one elses rights. Don't even get me started on the drug wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a question? Why the fuk do married couples get rights and be able to right off kids? It's a fuking choice, why should me being single have to pay for couples and kids that I never intend to have? wtf? and why should my taxes go up every damn year for a school that I have no kids to send?GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Sorry, got a little carried away

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
    I have a question? Why the fuk do married couples get rights and be able to right off kids? It's a fuking choice, why should me being single have to pay for couples and kids that I never intend to have? wtf? and why should my taxes go up every damn year for a school that I have no kids to send?
    The general thought is that you get to pay, through your taxes, for the education you received as a child. Also, you get further benefits because you get to live in a society of (relatively) educated people, and not amongst a bunch of uneducated savages.

That's what they tell me . . .

-------------

What I don't understand is the child abandonment thing. Lots of married couples get sick of each other, and one of 'em (usually the male) leaves, and won't pay for the support of the children until a court tells them to.
    It's like, people who create a dependant child think it's ok to just leave 'em, and let Fate and government welfare take care of 'em. What's up with that?

The government is passing it's beliefs onto me by saying basically that you should be married and have kids or get raped on taxes, GRRRRRRRRRRRR

ultra40 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
    The government is passing it's beliefs onto me by saying basically that you should be married and have kids or get raped on taxes, GRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Then move. Nobody is forcing you to live here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information