Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch

Get ready to sell your kidney

Or any extra bodypart you could possible sell for cash because the economy is getting shitty REAL fast. 135 a barrel of oil? WTF? food prices up 4%, everything is going up in price.
    What are you guys doing to help avoid getting plowed in the ass at the gas station and other stuff financially?
    I've been riding my bike EVERYWHERE even in the rain, $51 to fill up my Mustang @ 16mpg. screw that. $18 gets me a whole week in my bike!

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Just dealing with the gas bro.... For food I have been hitting the local farms for eggs and chicken and beef. This sucks bad man and its all Bush's fault.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Buying more in bulk. We have a nice farmers market that beats the hell out of normal market prices. Driving my VW Jetta rather than Lincoln Mark LT truck. 3 days a week I have my office calls forwarded to my cell so I don't have to drive to work that is 30 miles away. I'm doing all sorts of little things and it's working out good. I even jogged 2.5 miles to the gym yesterday and then 2.5 back!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Gas is $0.35 gal in Saudi Arabia, want to move?

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Quote Originally Posted by TJM7275 View Post
    This sucks bad man and its all Bush's fault.
    Just curious, how is it even possible you see it that way? It's the consumer's fault for being dependant on something that is pumped out of the ground. It's the center of our economy long before Bush, the world uses more of it, and more simply can't be pumped out of the ground. Short of blowing up India and China to decrease demand there is nothing Bush can do about it.

I know what your saying bro, and your right. Just have some animosity towards him right now... And I used to support him. Didnt want to offend you Kratos

crazycrab is offline Associate Member
    4.99 for gallon of deisel. I get 22 mpg at 55-60 and 12 mpg at 70. I am slowing down!!

Quote Originally Posted by TJM7275 View Post
    I know what your saying bro, and your right. Just have some animosity towards him right now... And I used to support him. Didnt want to offend you Kratos
    Oh, you didn't offend me, I just like political debates.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Just curious, how is it even possible you see it that way? It's the consumer's fault for being dependant on something that is pumped out of the ground. It's the center of our economy long before Bush, the world uses more of it, and more simply can't be pumped out of the ground. Short of blowing up India and China to decrease demand there is nothing Bush can do about it.
    the oil companies are in bush's back pocket.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    Nope its the other way around.

It's always easier to blame someone else and it is ALWASY whoever in office at the present time for the problems of the nation. It's funny how no one seems to remember the amosity towards past presidents. I remember EVERY president that has been in office since I was a small child in the 60's that everyone seemed to blame them for food prices, gas prices, wars and the economy. I have seen NOTHING change since I was young. Prices have gone up, wages have gone up MUCH slower, rich got richer, poor got more free service and the middle class became the new poor working poor.

By changing of the guards and political party I can guarntee that in 3-4 years the only thing that will change is your dollar will be worth less, you will have less medical insurance than you do now and it will cost more, your taxes will be higher and you will have less constitutional rights. The only exception is if you die between now and then. Am I wrong? Who would like to make a long term wager?

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTmuscle View Post
    Or any extra bodypart you could possible sell for cash because the economy is getting shitty REAL fast. 135 a barrel of oil? WTF? food prices up 4%, everything is going up in price.
    What are you guys doing to help avoid getting plowed in the ass at the gas station and other stuff financially?
    I've been riding my bike EVERYWHERE even in the rain, $51 to fill up my Mustang @ 16mpg. screw that. $18 gets me a whole week in my bike!
    Stop you got cough in the rain once.

20 cents over night in my town...I am paying 4.20 a gallon

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    Nope its the other way around.
    nope

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    Care to further explain that statement? The US govt. is the biggest profit taker from a barrel of oil anyway, not the oil companies.

Damm Kratos, you do like political debates huh, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gsxxr View Post
    Stop you got cough in the rain once.
    I get cough huh

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Costo + only driving to work and the gym are my solutions.... gas is killing me...

jchopper1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer View Post
    Costo + only driving to work and the gym are my solutions.... gas is killing me...
    me too anything else is just unnecessary

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    "George bush don't like black people."

Blog Entries
    Looks like my little "toy cars" aren't so bad after all.

getting 21 mpg city / 29 mpg hwy

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Care to further explain that statement? The US govt. is the biggest profit taker from a barrel of oil anyway, not the oil companies.
    Care to explain that? I don't recall the US gov't making any profits from any sources, as a matter of fact isn't the government operating in the red right now. The last report I read was oil companies profits were up between 17-36% in last quarter alone.

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Dang, I'm glad I sold my 11mpg car a few months ago! I walk alot, I mean alot. And take the bus. I swore I'd never take the bus. I'm gonna start to buy food in bulk. Good idea there...
    Last edited by ecto9; 05-22-2008 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Looks like my little "toy cars" aren't so bad after all.

getting 21 mpg city / 29 mpg hwy
    That's really not very good for a little car. My little 4000lb Dodge ******* V6 Twin Turbo gets 20 mpg city and 25 hwy and it makes 400 hp ATW. NO, it's not stock.

I'm waiting for the new Prias to come out next year that gets 60+ mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Care to explain that? I don't recall the US gov't making any profits from any sources, as a matter of fact isn't the government operating in the red right now. The last report I read was oil companies profits were up between 17-36% in last quarter alone.
    Yeah it's a business, the oil companies are doing great right now

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    That's really not very good for a little car. My little 4000lb Dodge ******* V6 Twin Turbo gets 20 mpg city and 25 hwy and it makes 400 hp ATW. NO, it's not stock.

I'm waiting for the new Prias to come out next year that gets 60+ mpg.
    what kind of car?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    what kind of car?
    i think its a s t e a l t h

Blog Entries
    what year ?

what year ?
    didnt they stop making them in the 90's? Even if it has 400hp its a tank.

Blog Entries
    http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...-*******-1.htm

"Turbo gas mileage is marginal, but not bad for a car with such strong performance and so many pounds to haul. An early test Turbo averaged 18.8 mpg "

And thats stock with no mods.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

I just make more money... and i buy cars and sell a lot of honda accord and civics, all used..

the real trick is to only spend about 45% of the money you earn, save and invest the difference, it's the only way to go.... and never buy a new car by the way..

the saying is

"never spend money you don't have to impress people you don't know"
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    I just make more money... and i buy cars and sell a lot of honda accord and civics, all used..

the real trick is to only spend about 45% of the money you earn, save and invest the difference, it's the only way to go.... and never buy a new car by the way..

the saying is

"never spend money you don't have to impress people you don't know"
    Unless its a scion

2008 Tc = only 17K BRAND NEW.

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...-*******-1.htm

"Turbo gas mileage is marginal, but not bad for a car with such strong performance and so many pounds to haul. An early test Turbo averaged 18.8 mpg "

And thats stock with no mods.
    i get an average of about 22-23 mpg with my car and its lighter and only rwd

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Lol, oil companies are doing "good".

till they dry the Earth up and burn its last drop into the sky. Once per barrel prices rise to a certain point, thats enough to spark the public to revolt in less passive ways than they are now.
    We're already in one war for oil (oh wait, I mean "terrorism" lol), as long as we stick with the more vulnerable nations and keep the blood on their land, Americans will continue to deal with it.

I think at some point Americans will realize we are not the government. No matter who we elect they will never be powerful enough to overcome the kharma of American tradition.
    Best solution now (for those who have the power) would be global population control or "war" as the fighters like to call it, while soliders are the ones being dangled on a string like puppets as the real "government" sits in their safe little homes miles away eating cheesecake & caviar.
    Last edited by Bojangles69; 05-22-2008 at 06:01 PM.

Yes it's built like a tank, I like that. I hit a deer at 50 mph and it just bounced off. Strange the name didnt show up. Yes it's a S t e a l t h. 1991 I have totally redone the engine with custom piston built by WisCo with 8.5 compression and extra valve clearance upgraded 13G turbos, detailed intake, upgraded fuel system with balanced larger injectors and air/fuel controller. It was dyno'd on a 4 wheel drive dyno at 390+ HP and that was only holding 10 lbs of boost due to boost leak. Now it hit's 15 and hold 13. 1/4 mile was 12.8. Not supper fast but considering I have 200,000 miles on the car (not the engine) and it's a daily driver not bad.

Blog Entries
    Yes it's built like a tank, I like that. I hit a deer at 50 mph and it just bounced off. Strange the name didnt show up. Yes it's a S t e a l t h. 1991 I have totally redone the engine with custom piston built by WisCo with 8.5 compression and extra valve clearance upgraded 13G turbos, detailed intake, upgraded fuel system with balanced larger injectors and air/fuel controller. It was dyno'd on a 4 wheel drive dyno at 390+ HP and that was only holding 10 lbs of boost due to boost leak. Now it hit's 15 and hold 13. 1/4 mile was 12.8. Not supper fast but considering I have 200,000 miles on the car (not the engine) and it's a daily driver not bad.
    And you think that thing is up in the 25 MPG Pffffffffffffffffff try again

And you think that thing is up in the 25 MPG Pffffffffffffffffff try again
    Willing to bet on it? Yes it does and if I wanted to tweak the Air/fuel controller to make it a little leaner on long trips I could get another mile or two out of it.. It's funny how well a car that is tuned right (not stock) can get better millage. Oh, the exhaust has been 100 redone also with NO cats and it passes emissions every time with no problem.

Blog Entries
    Willing to bet on it? Yes it does and if I wanted to tweak the Air/fuel controller to make it a little leaner on long trips I could get another mile or two out of it.. It's funny how well a car that is tuned right (not stock) can get better millage. Oh, the exhaust has been 100 redone also with NO cats and it passes emissions every time with no problem.
    Im sure you tweak the a/f for better mileage

I had a 4 banger with more work than that and it was eating gas like a F#$@ v8 ! With gas this high i am finally at peace with selling it.

zartan is offline Banned
    One thing to keep in mind, people always trashtalk Jimmy Carter, but he set up all kinds of green incentives 35 years ago, because he saw what was coming. Of course, when Reagan hit office, all that sh*t went out the window in a hurry...

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    If oil companies cut their profit margins by 50%, it would drop the price of a gallon of gas by only .07 cents per gallon. If Washington law makers cut their take by 50%, gasoline would cost .30 cents per gallon less. Average total tax is around 59 cents per gallon and the only expense or value they add to the gas is collecting the tax. If the oil industry is dining well off our sweat, the government is positively gorging itself. As usual… The gvmt is always in the red, they spend to much, doesn't mean they arn't taking the money from our pockets.
    Last edited by Kratos; 05-22-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information