Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kimbo Slice

lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators View Post
    When he fights a real top shelf MMA fighter, he will get destroyed.
    Agreed

g0dsend is offline Member
    butterbean knocked thompson out in less then 20 seconds haha

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    He'll need to do some serious work on his ground game and build some stamina. I don't see why those things aren't possible, but it'll take time. And it seems like the only way to give him that is to feed him lesser fighters. The top shelf fighters would make him look silly right now. My opinion.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    my take is that Kimbo wanted to go to the ground to either prove to himself or the fans/haters that he has something to offer on the ground... he didn't have anything to offer on the ground and almost lost...he got gassed and did not have any power left in him... He did expose his weakness, but he had also said that he wanted to do some ground... I think that was a bad move...if it is not your specialty you can get worked... and that is what thompson started to do to him..

I have seen a lot of Kimbos i-net fights and also if you compare this one to his tank abbot fight it was no comparison... not in the sense that thompson was better it was more that Kimbo didn't try to exchange.in the initial standup.. just look at his other fights, he is way,way faster and more skilled in his standup that is obvious even to an untrained eye...

I think he made a huge mistake to try and demonstrate or prove that he had ground game from training with Bas.... He should have kept it to stand up and go in for the kill like he did tank... he would have knocked out thompson like the rest easily....

still all i am saying is he shouldn't have to try and prove jack.. he should just focus on winning... maybe he had to prove this to himself in case he gets in a pickle in the future... but there are also many fighters that never go to ground and their main defense is preventing someone from taking them down...(chuck liddell) example of someone who has never even been down... and he is not trying to prove anything about a questionable ground game.

that is my take... he tried to prove something he really didn't have to.. he should have went in there and kept it stand up... and he wouldn't have been worn out and gassed out... he would have dropped thompson as was expected... then again, everyone would have said that he was fed a glass jaw chump (which is half true), but still he thought he could work on his ground game and ended up almost losing.

goose is offline Banned

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4 View Post
    i dont think so. i watched the fight and kimbo was clearly giving a thumbs up to make sure the ref didnt stop the fight

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    i dont think so. i watched the fight and kimbo was clearly giving a thumbs up to make sure the ref didnt stop the fight
    Just checked it,your right.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    How come James' ear had not been lanced before the fight?

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    How come James' ear had not been lanced before the fight?
    so when Kimbo was losing, like he was, he could punch it and they would see a bit of blood and stop it for him to win....

buffgator is offline king of mass
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB View Post
    so when Kimbo was losing, like he was, he could punch it and they would see a bit of blood and stop it for him to win....
    lol...before the fight even started I was wondering if this whole thing was rigged or not. Maybe maybe not, who nows. I did find it strange that kimbo would give thumbs up that he was ok to keep fighting, but they flat out called it on james

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    it just seems weird when the rules state that if you are not defending yourself the fight will be stopped, unless your Kimbo and you fight for CBS....also a little blood will not stop the fight unless it is interferring in your vision or the cut is very bad, or you are fighting Kimbo and they want you to lose to the CBS fighter...like i said they are pushing him through...he is a meal ticket to CBS and they will stop at nothing to keep pushing him....i hope he gets pummeled soon...hahah

Fordfan01 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB View Post
    it just seems weird when the rules state that if you are not defending yourself the fight will be stopped, unless your Kimbo and you fight for CBS....also a little blood will not stop the fight unless it is interferring in your vision or the cut is very bad, or you are fighting Kimbo and they want you to lose to the CBS fighter...like i said they are pushing him through...he is a meal ticket to CBS and they will stop at nothing to keep pushing him....i hope he gets pummeled soon...hahah
    thats wat i been preaching...give a guy who really has a shot a chance!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information