Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I have noticed a lot of new members welcoming other new members. There is nothing wrong with being polite and social, but some new members are going down the list of other new members, and welcoming those who have been here much longer than them. If a member joins today, then welcomes someone who joined 2 months ago, it's a bit like showing up late to a party and telling the host "I'm glad you could make it". I understand that some want to get their post count up, but we have a post whore thread in the lounge where you can go chat with people and the count goes up quickly. Also please take note of the date of a thread, and don't bump an ancient thread to say "I agree" or something like that. Thanks for your help guys.

bump

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    I have noticed a lot of new members welcoming other new members. There is nothing wrong with being polite and social, but some new members are going down the list of other new members, and welcoming those who have been here much longer than them. If a member joins today, then welcomes someone who joined 2 months ago, it's a bit like showing up late to a party and telling the host "I'm glad you could make it". I understand that some want to get their post count up, but we have a post whore thread in the lounge where you can go chat with people and the count goes up quickly. Also please take note of the date of a thread, and don't bump an ancient thread to say "I agree" or something like that. Thanks for your help guys.
    Actually it's more like 2 people showing up to a party that has been going on for years, and one of them see's a bunch of other people greeting them so he greets the person as well.

I often greet people who show up at parties after I do, regardless of if I am the host or even know the host. It's considererd polite social behavior. And until you pointed it out it in this thread it has never even crossed my mind that anyone would ever taken into consideration the order of arrival of guests greeting each other.

I mean if someone is going into old threads and going out of their way to greet everyone when they are new and they are hitting every thread burried back 3 and 4 pages that would seem weird to me. But other than that I find it strange that someone would care or notice or pay attention to the order of arrival of people welcoming one another either live or on the internet in threads designed to introduce yourself to people.

I'm very new. I have welcomed about 10 people, give or take. I only did it after seeing that you were doing it in each and every thread. Being new and figuring you were modling good behavior, I copied your behavior a bit. I certainly didn't want to go down row after row of threads to do it though. And I certainly didn't want to do it in every thread, even if they were right at the top. That would seem weird to me.

In my case I could care less about the number of my posts. I'm just trying to get along here. I'm 41 years old and it would seem bizarre to me to open a thread that is at the top, or close to it, and pay attention to the date the person registered here. I find it bizarre that you even noticed this or tracked it.

juju is offline Associate Member
    Welcome Back Everyone!

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    welcome mr bump

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    so how long can we bump this before it becomes wrong???lol

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Bump before it becomes wrong hehe

Quote Originally Posted by 40plusnewbie View Post
    Actually it's more like 2 people showing up to a party that has been going on for years, and one of them see's a bunch of other people greeting them so he greets the person as well.

I often greet people who show up at parties after I do, regardless of if I am the host or even know the host. It's considererd polite social behavior. And until you pointed it out it in this thread it has never even crossed my mind that anyone would ever taken into consideration the order of arrival of guests greeting each other.

I mean if someone is going into old threads and going out of their way to greet everyone when they are new and they are hitting every thread burried back 3 and 4 pages that would seem weird to me. But other than that I find it strange that someone would care or notice or pay attention to the order of arrival of people welcoming one another either live or on the internet in threads designed to introduce yourself to people.

I'm very new. I have welcomed about 10 people, give or take. I only did it after seeing that you were doing it in each and every thread. Being new and figuring you were modling good behavior, I copied your behavior a bit. I certainly didn't want to go down row after row of threads to do it though. And I certainly didn't want to do it in every thread, even if they were right at the top. That would seem weird to me.

In my case I could care less about the number of my posts. I'm just trying to get along here. I'm 41 years old and it would seem bizarre to me to open a thread that is at the top, or close to it, and pay attention to the date the person registered here. I find it bizarre that you even noticed this or tracked it.
    welcome back from welcoming everyone back.......

Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    welcome back from welcoming everyone back.......

I'm not sure if this comment is a lighhearted meaningless post from you or if you are trying to make some point.

If it's the latter I would appreciate a critique of my post so that I can understand what criticism you are attempting to provide.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    I'm not sure if this comment is a lighhearted meaningless post from you or if you are trying to make some point.

If it's the latter I would appreciate a critique of my post so that I can understand what criticism you are attempting to provide.
    So you are trying to make sense of the comments was posted here or in AR lounge for that matter??? Man you are new.

Dont take anything personally Bro. It all in Good humor. Ask for some advise and everyone will give you advise(except DSM) that will make sense.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    So you are trying to make sense of the comments was posted here or in AR lounge for that matter??? Man you are new.
    Nah, ever since I shot him down on a source check he tries to debate me on issues like this, I just let him ramble.

welcome craftsman. bump ttt

shield11 is offline Banned
    hi noobs.lol

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    i do that and its funny as fvck

Quote Originally Posted by wilson9d View Post
    i do that and its funny as fvck

Nah, ever since I shot him down on a source check he tries to debate me on issues like this, I just let him ramble.
    lol BTW that source came through and I was looking for a second verification from you, I already had a good source check, I wanted a 2nd.

The reason I 'debate' you on certain issues, if you want to call it that are:

1. I like to 'debate' in general, particularly with authority figures.

2. It seems to me you can take it and are mature and are not the type to go off all half cocked when someone disagrees with you or takes an opposing position.

And mostly because:

3. I've had a warm spot for you in my heart since I first got here and was mentioning or making reference to sources and you were keeping a running count in threads of the # of times I did it when I was just getting familiar to this site. In fact I've kind of been 'debating' you since then, and that was before the source check request.

It has nothing to do with when I asked you for that source check. In fact the way you responded to me I honestly could not even tell if you knew anything about the place or not so why would I 'hold that against you', so to speak? But you are a bit anal IMO dude. We all have our shortcomings and that quality certainly has it's uses, you can keep the board in check whereas if someone who has a devil may care attitude overseeing things could have the board get pretty out of control I suppose. So it's not like I don't respect you or anything. It just so happens to be part of my nature to question authority figures

I would not have even posted in this thread except I wondered if you had me in mind when you made the OP.

Big
    you said anal

Big
    But no, actually you weren't even considered at the time I made this, a dude had went down the list of new members welcoming all of them, I guess to get his post count up, but he was welcoming members from months earlier. His posts were deleted, but I saw no sense in it. I mean a month or so is no big deal, but when you're welcoming people from the end of last year it's a bit much.

But no, actually you weren't even considered at the time I made this, a dude had went down the list of new members welcoming all of them, I guess to get his post count up, but he was welcoming members from months earlier. His posts were deleted, but I saw no sense in it. I mean a month or so is no big deal, but when you're welcoming people from the end of last year it's a bit much.
    what about from 2006? welcome back Big.ttt i would shake your hand but i have these Hors' Dourves in my hand and i dont want them to spill, you can put your jacket in the spare bedroom. no, i dont live here. this isnt my party.
    Last edited by lex57; 06-11-2008 at 08:47 PM.

AnimalGear is offline Little Monster in the making
    Hi, guys! welcome!!!!

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member

PrisonGuy is offline New Member
    Welcome Big!!!!!

introduction
    introduction

Well then I guess you can say I'm a bit paranoid

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    you said anal
    hmmmmmm.....ANAL.

oh..welcome Big

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    Wecome guys, Bump

I agree

honestly i agree

bump , bump........ i think i just ran over a cat. anyways welcome Big..............

Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    bump , bump........ i think i just ran over a cat. anyways welcome Big..............
    Welcome lex,nice to have you on the foum

welcome shield you sexy fuker

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by shield11 View Post
    welcome shield you sexy fuker
    You mean welcome back, right?

MATTMAN01 is offline Banned
    welcome to anyone thinking of posting in this thread.

MATTMAN01 is offline Banned
    come in I'll put the kettle on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information