Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Married

39+1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I say bad call.
    ditto! Thats a bad move all the way around, and i dont even know ya.

bigt10 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    As far as your post about dropping money on a wedding. I told her already im not getting her a ring now or a wedding. Right now it will be on paper at city hall. If everything is gonig good in some time we will do the wedding and ring.

I do appreciate all the advice
    hey sorry for not reading the post in full lol.

Anyways sounds alot better , it comes down to this do you you want to put that name on the dotted line.

And if she chooses divorce what do you have to lose??? like what would she have be able to take from you etc.

She sounds good, i would help her out to but some thigns you cant change.

I agree with helping but you need to perform a risk analysis to see if its worth it mentally and financially.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by bigt10 View Post
    hey sorry for not reading the post in full lol.

Anyways sounds alot better , it comes down to this do you you want to put that name on the dotted line.

And if she chooses divorce what do you have to lose??? like what would she have be able to take from you etc.

She sounds good, i would help her out to but some thigns you cant change.

I agree with helping but you need to perform a risk analysis to see if its worth it mentally and financially.
    Honestly mentally would be the hard part. And the only risk i see. But that is with any relationship. I lived with gf's before and breaking up is ussually ruff. Thats life

Financially right now i dont own a house or really much. I'm getting a prenup. She will be working. So if down the road we get a house she wil lbe part of buying it.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like a stupid thing to do but she's gorgeous and it's your life so who gives a shat what I think! Best of luck!

bigt10 is offline Member
    actually if i would help to.

hey arent you a manager or something. What if you got her a job wouldnt that qualify her to stay inthe country.

like if she had to go a hearing couldnt you post as her manager and say why she is needed?

What other options are there for her to legally stay here that you could help her with..

anyone else got any ideas besides marriage ( on paper ) ?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by bigt10 View Post
    actually if i would help to.

hey arent you a manager or something. What if you got her a job wouldnt that qualify her to stay inthe country.

like if she had to go a hearing couldnt you post as her manager and say why she is needed?

What other options are there for her to legally stay here that you could help her with..

anyone else got any ideas besides marriage ( on paper ) ?
    None.

She has a job now and goes to college.

She was living in Belarus which in a Dictatorship. In College there she was part of an anti political group and tried to use that for political asylum here. She lost. She tried appealing it and lost again. It worked for friends of her's. I don’t know why they are denying her. Maybe her lawyer wasn’t as good.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    My friend said the reason they deni so many Russian women here is because the U.S immigration isn't so stupid. They know they are mail order brides and the only reason they come here is to try to get a permanent citizenship. So their job is to try to deport them back.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Prenup/Postnup I don't care.

Those may put some limits on what happens after the marraige but the judge has the final say. I know guys who pay absurd amounts of alimony regardless of how safe you think you'll be afterwards.

I can understand how this situation would have arose, I don't understand why you agreed to it. I have a hot Russian girl right now I see occasionally and she's leaving the end of summer. BEFORE we even went out the first time I told myself "this girl has a million and 1 reasons to tell me anything and do anything to make me think w/e she wants me to - to get what she wants".

She'll be going back to Russia, with a sore ass, hating the shit out of American guys like me. And I could give 2 shits. Not because I'm a dick, because its real life.
    Same shit happened to my brother. Girl went back to Russia, its been like a year later and she still emails him saying "I love you.. I miss you". Problem with him is he actually believes her and thinks he's a pimp.
    He was actually considering leaving his current gf if she comes back to the states.

Some of these girls are gorgeous and have sexy ass accents, but they are honey traps, no more no less. Pretend you don't have a dick for a minute and think with that thing between your ears.

edit: I've actually always been interested in this topic of mail order brides and wilk says 80% of these marraiges last for as long as records have been kept on them.. which is shockingly higher than the 50% national rate.

So shit, don't listen to me. I'd rather have hot russian women coming into America than the influx of mexicans/hispanics. Just be as careful and rational as possible.
    Last edited by Bojangles69; 07-06-2008 at 03:25 PM.

bigt10 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    None.

She has a job now and goes to college.

She was living in Belarus which in a Dictatorship. In College there she was part of an anti political group and tried to use that for political asylum here. She lost. She tried appealing it and lost again. It worked for friends of her's. I don’t know why they are denying her. Maybe her lawyer wasn’t as good.
    haha sounds like that doctor and the lawyer from family guy.

that guy is my favorite doctor, he would be the one to ask for hrt program!

lol i dont know keep tryin, but alot of guys and myself are sayin the same thign that it could blow up in your face if it turns bad.

IMO help her as much as you can but marriage is to far. If you really want to see what else can be done.

RaWRZ0R! is offline Associate Member
    remember in that prenump to add i get to put it in your pooper all the time and you cant complain...lol make her work for you

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    any of us can give you advice but only you know how you feel and you're the only one if you know things can work out.

I know things get sticky when the girl decides to move in. Be careful and be smart

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Well, its not Like Gix is sitting on a huge family fortune. He was with her before and broke up for a dumb reason. They were together for a couple years and were talking marriage anyway. I know he still loves her and you can see it in his posts. Yeah its kind of a messed up situation, but they might get married and be completely happy and have a great life together. I talked to him about it on the phone and afterwards really didn't have any concerns. Well I'm going to support him and get his back because he needs his friends to be supportive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information