J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

At some point it should be legal to hit a punk behing a register

I have an employee who has worked for me for the past 3 years. He’s a good kid, honest, hard worker. I set him up in an apartment, make sure he’s taken care of as he cannot read and is slower than the average person.
    Recently, he bought a bike from Dunhams. He uses it for transportation as he does not have a license to drive.

He called me yesterday and said he needed a ride, he was at Dunhams. I went to pick him up and he’s sitting on the curb of Dunhams in the 80 degree sun light. I asked him what he was doing.

He explained to me that he walked his bike (4 miles) to get his money back so he could get another bike cause it broke after 5 days of use. At first, I just told him to get in the truck. After I sat there, I asked him, “They did not give you money or a bike?”. He told me “they said they would see what they could do about it”.

I go in to see what was going on, a little upset they take a guys money who is slow and send him out without resolving anything. I asked the girl manager if he could get a bike, exchange or refund. She says, “not generally, but let me get Brian, the store manager”. I knew her, I actually fired her from her last job when I was with a different company.

Brian and another guy approach me, I wait for an introduction, get done and finally do it myself. I explained to Brian, “The rear bearings were loose on his last bike and the tire pressure was not even right, the freewheel spins free in any direction after riding for 5 days”. He brings up it’s just a $200 bike, it’s not made to ride rough. He went further, that this was the 2nd bike her returned, the first bike did not make it out of the parking lot.

I was honestly shocked, I felt like I was trying to convince my dog that if he rolls over, he gets a treat. The first bike breaks in the parking lot, and you now feel inconvenienced about that?

Eventually, they let us exchange. While in line, I speak up to the two of them, “I’m sorry to be a pain in the ass, I just want to make sure he gets a working bike for his money”. Finally the guy (not Brian) says something. “It is a huge pain in the ass, this is the 2nd bike, we are not exchanging another one, we have a certified mechanic come down to assemble these, this is costing me a fortune”. This got under my skin, I simply went on my own tangent “Well your customer service could be a lot fvcking better too, it’s not his fault the bike was not put together right, licensed or not, the guy did not seat those bearings right”. I went on to tell them, “you should approach a disgruntled customer with a greeting and a “what can I do to help”” then maybe a “Okay sir, what can we do to fix this?”.

Either way, I’m leaving with another bike. Instead of them just being polite about it, instead of gaining a customer, they lost one. I tell everyone I’ve met this story. They are out money, now they are out future sales. I’m contemplating buying a advertisement in the paper for this. It will cost me more than the bike but it was never about the money and I spend thousands on advertising every year. This would be the best money I’ve spent.

Ir0n is offline Associate Member
    This is f'ed up. Some people are just ignorant and will do anything to save money. I wonder what was the experience of their other customers.

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    thats a pretty ****ed up story...screw that place man...the fact that he said this is only a $200 bike is just plain stupid...a few of my friends just bout $200 bikes and jump the shit out of them and haven't had any problems...just sounds like a crooked ass dealer to me...i say do the advertising and screw them over before they screw anybody else over

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    I have no use for F*** heads who take advantage of people who are slower or have disabilities. You should have shown him roid rage brother

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    wtf......some people need to go back to business school and learn the most important thing there is in business.....THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT

phreezer is offline Respected Member
    Wow.. they sell a crap product and then have the nerve to be mad at the customer when the crap product breaks and the customer wants to return it.
    I'd take the add out if I were you. Just be sure to word it all in "YOUR OWN OPINION" so it isn't libel against you.
    Last edited by phreezer; 07-16-2008 at 07:29 PM.

I got what I wanted out of the deal, but I was really upset. It's not about the money, it's $200. It's not a lot to me, it's a lot to a kid who is slower and trying to make it on his own though.

I emailed corporate, explained to them the situation. I also explained that I have plans to purchase stock in the company so I can speak about this experince at ther annual share holders conference (Anyone who has shares can speak/lecture).

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    remember, the customer is ALWAYS right. If those dudes do not give you what you want, just go one higher on the food chain. Sadly many people exploit this method heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by tadpoleboyy View Post
    remember, the customer is ALWAYS right. If those dudes do not give you what you want, just go one higher on the food chain. Sadly many people exploit this method heavily.
    I was ready to exploit these 2 guys' teeth down their throats. It's hard to get me worked up but these guys were skilled.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    I absolutely agree with what you did. That sounds like absolutely crap customer service. Hope the bad word-of-mouth puts a dent in their business.

Looking at other posts in this thread, I have to ask if the customer really is always right? I've worked places in my younger days where people complained over the most insignificant bullshit just to get something for free.

No One Knows is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    I emailed corporate, explained to them the situation. I also explained that I have plans to purchase stock in the company so I can speak about this experince at ther annual share holders conference (Anyone who has shares can speak/lecture).
    LMAO...Thats funny.

Its good you helped the guy out though man...I dunno why some douche manager would care if something is costing his corporate headquarters "a fortune." Fvckin prick

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    I was ready to exploit these 2 guys' teeth down their throats. It's hard to get me worked up but these guys were skilled.
    Sounds like you have done your good deeds of the week. Props to you buddy

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    techincally, no, the customer is not always right. Sometimes the customer is just a whiney bitch looking for a handout or just likes to complain because they are an idiot. But from a business standpoint, it is much easier to give the customer 50$ of free merchandise in order to keep them coming back and spending more money every visit, than to just tell them to fvck off and lose the business. Whatever thing they give you for complaining, will more than pay for itself in profits. Generally speaking.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    its about even, the ratio of bitch ass customers to punk ass business'

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyd View Post
    its about even, the ratio of bitch ass customers to punk ass business'
    I agree.

However, most of the bad business' are not corporate owned ones as their is always someone higher in the chain of command. It's setup that way for that reason. Some people make a living out of complaining, it's normally easy to read too if you have experince in the field.

RangersLTW is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum
    I hate places like that. There is a car shop that tints windows and I have known the owner and workers for years. I got my windows tinted on my new truck and my girls new car both of them had little bubbles in the tint. I know you might have a few but I am talking about a lot of them. So I called them and told them the problem and they said they would fix it. Well after the third time and them saying there was nothing else they could do but could not give me my money back or a in store credit. So, I went down to the local shop that makes vinyl stickers and go them to make ******** screwed my tint up and parked it at the place I worked at right in front of the street and called the store and told them I had decided to do some advertising for them at no charge. lol

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    ^^^ pretty good idea man

Thread Information