Thread: pitting edema

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer

pitting edema

so it seems i have pitting edema in my legs and feet........

WTF??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did have a kinda mental breakdown the friday before last and from then up until friday i ate like complete shit.......and that's going from contest prep right to that. So could that retarded amount of salt be causing this?

It's kinda hard to walk long distances between that and the extreme kidney pain i'm having (superdrol pumps to the 100th power) i'm just getting worried because it's been like this (the edema) for at least 4 days now with pretty much no change.......i started taking Xpel and a liver detoxifier yesterday and i'm drinking the shit out of my mona vie.......also stopped the winni i was on because i thought that's what was causing the kidney pain.

anyway anyone else ever had t his happen? i know branch warren mentions it on his video that it happened to him after his first show........and my friend said today at the gym that his brother's feet swell following a show......

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    yeah it sucks, i have had it since i was in the marine corps but i have never done anything about it.

good lord.....if it doesn't go away by like wednesday tops i'm goin to the hospital......i can hardly walk........

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    mine only got that bad after hiking with a heavy pack all day. do stand all day at work? try to elivate your feet when you rest. try drinking cranberry juice and wearing tet hose.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    kidney pain plus edema- dude that doesnt sound good at all

sounds like you are freakiing out and having a breakdown right now....

so for what its worth, as a rational person myself, you may want to ge that checked out. edema is the lower limbs is never a good sign.....add kidney pain to that. just something to think about.

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    Lower pitting edema can be caused by heart problems or kidney problems or both. You need to have it checked, asap. Don't even joke around with it. I was in the medical field(medic for 10yrs in the field and E.R) and you need to have it checked. How is your bloodpressure?

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    thats sucks ass man. if you collapse at the gym, i volunteer to carry your big ass down those 3 flights stairs and drive you to the hospital.

Darksyde is offline Member
    on my last cycle (test e/test p and winni) i got some foot and ankle swelling that was pretty prounounced, in the 2nd to last week of the cycle. it lasted for 5 or 6 days i think with varying amounts of puffiness, but eventually just went away.

ok no freaking me out any more than necessary.......it's pretty much GOT to be due to the binge i've had for the last week......i searched on bb.com and quite a few competitors said that it's happened to them as well.

sweet i think it's better this morning *drinks another bottle of mona vie*

it still hasn't really gone away.....and i'm 30 pounds above where i was when i "ended" my contest prep

wantmoremass is offline Associate Member
    you should prolly check bp... sometimes my feet swell for what appears to be no reason at all. nobody likes cankles!

Quote Originally Posted by wantmoremass View Post
    you should prolly check bp... sometimes my feet swell for what appears to be no reason at all. nobody likes cankles!
    i'm sure my BP is high......gettin those types of headaches and nose bleeds at the moment

SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch
    wtf is Pitting Edema

it's where your body is retaining so much water that you're visibly bloated and like you can push in on ur feet or ankle or whatever and when you take ur finger off there will be an indentation that'll stay for a good 2-3 minutes (aka pitting)

SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch
    lol wtf that's ridiculous

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    actually i dont wanna freak you out but 10nispro is spot on. your body could be reacting to heart or kidney problems..... unless you just ate a brick of salt over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    actually i dont wanna freak you out but 10nispro is spot on. your body could be reacting to heart or kidney problems..... unless you just ate a brick of salt over the weekend.
    didn't i say i essentially did that? i just got off a contest prep and have been binge eating all last week on complete SHIT food

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    yeah i read it, but i meant more than just a shitty diet for a week. but hey i dont know, just whenever i see edema its not good, i dont have bb competiton experience though either. it may be a common side effect with putting a ton of weight back on quickly, alot of which is probably fluid. shit man, 1 litre of water weighs 1 kilo, so you could have easily put on 10 litres of fluid. i guess that would explain it, in combination with a ton of salt, and having been depleted probably from you contest prep. i dont know man just be careful thats all. its probably nothin.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Its just the fact that you also have kidney pain and nose bleeds with the edema.

I would go get checked out, Dont want to be the next Tom Prince.........

BTW, Ive been out of the loop, Ruhl, did you compete? How did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by MFT81 View Post
    Its just the fact that you also have kidney pain and nose bleeds with the edema.

I would go get checked out, Dont want to be the next Tom Prince.........

BTW, Ive been out of the loop, Ruhl, did you compete? How did you do?
    what happened to tom prince? i don't think i'm gonna die......still can't walk around very effectively though

and no i didn't compete.......i was listening too much to stupid natural morons on bb.com and got convinced i was way behind......and then subsequently i had a mental breakdown

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    He abused advil (which hopefully your not) and went into kidney failure, I remember reading about it in two diff articles in flex a few years back and he was suffering from sim. symptoms

had to go on dialysis and everything........

Aw, jesus dude, should of competed anyway. And stop f-ing around on BBing.com

at least take some pics or post a link, do you have any on here?????

i'll get around to it eventually lol....bad excuse but i don't know how to black out my face and stuff

Thread Information