Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Neighbour

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Are you crazy ? If i am understanding this correctly, YOU want to build a fence on YOUR property (not shared but yours) and you want other people to pay for it ? Thats retarded. Here in the city , my parents backyard has a fence that surrounds the backyard and guess what? My next door neighbor has a fence right up against the back of my parents fence to close their yard in. Why you ask? Because our fence is on our property line closing in our property and their fence is doing the same for them.

There is no pay for your side B$.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    agree with DSM

besides, what if the neighbor does not want a fense, and they do not want to be closed in, and they dont want to have to look at a wall......Why in balls would they pay you money??? what if they are not planning fencing in the rest of their land, why in hell would they pay you for then?

ironreload is confused.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Are you crazy ? If i am understanding this correctly, YOU want to build a fence on YOUR property (not shared but yours) and you want other people to pay for it ? Thats retarded. Here in the city , my parents backyard has a fence that surrounds the backyard and guess what? My next door neighbor has a fence right up against the back of my parents fence to close their yard in. Why you ask? Because our fence is on our property line closing in our property and their fence is doing the same for them.

Spot on, plus there are laws in most towns stating the fence must be within 2 feet of your property line. If you were too split a fence with your neighbor and just go right down the middle of both your property lines, it would be against code, and what happens if the neighbor sells the property and the new one hates the fence. Just have your own fence and be done with it.

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    i hate neighbors

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    one time, my neighbor, apartment in college, who I dont really know....it was a dude and a chick.....They were playing guitar hero at 3:30 in the morning yelling, screaming and being aggresively abonoxious....so instead of being a nice and responsible individual, I blasted thier ass back to the stone age with a little "in flames" with my beast of a stereo that shook the whole building......they shut the **** up real quick.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    In the US, I think if your neighbor is not willing to share a fence on the line then you cant make a fence there. You must bring it back a certain distance from the line. You cant force someone to pay for something they do not even want. I understand why Canada does it this way, but I can see how problems would come up as well when dealing with people that do not have the money to pay or the desire for privacy.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post

No u didt understand correct and i am not going to explain freaking 4th time.It is on shared property.

Quote Originally Posted by FREAK View Post
    i hate neighbors
    i knew you would say that.

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    Spot on, plus there are laws in most towns stating the fence must be within 2 feet of your property line. If you were too split a fence with your neighbor and just go right down the middle of both your property lines, it would be against code, and what happens if the neighbor sells the property and the new one hates the fence. Just have your own fence and be done with it.
    not here. fences are built on common property line and got shared the money..obviously u guys dont know this so i am not going to explain myself over and over

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Hey Calgarian, you want me to go up there and wack her?...jk not really.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    so what happens if the neighbor doesn't pay for part of the fence on the common property line? Are you not allowed to build your fence or can you still put it up? I think this type of solution would cause more problems then its worth.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    stop acting canadian and just build the damn fence

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    The more I learn about Canada the stranger it seems. You are the one who wants the fence, right? Why's she gotta pay for what you want?
    Alberta doesn't really count as Canadian, they are in a world of their own, like Quebec. Ontario is where it's at.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    I have a fence around my whole property just so I don't have to deal with my neighbors, also so I can swim nudie!

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    stop acting canadian and just build the damn fence
    Thats what I am doing

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    Alberta doesn't really count as Canadian, they are in a world of their own, like Quebec. Ontario is where it's at.
    You thought I am in toronto???? Oh By the way ur ti-cats sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    Hey Calgarian, you want me to go up there and wack her?...jk not really.
    Nah man 200$ dont worth it bro...u can go a head and bang her.....dont wack her...no.

Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    I have a fence around my whole property just so I don't have to deal with my neighbors, also so I can swim nudie!
    I am going to do the same thing.... built the fence.

ok Guys let me explain something...I was going to built the fence wether the bitch pay it or not...So dont think I was not. I just wanted to vent...turns out to be a werong idea as most of you couldnt get what I was mad about. Thats alright ordered the meterial and going to do it this tuesday.

jbmd1111 is offline New Member
    You may want to check with your city bylaws. Fencing is a big issue and this problem crops up all the time. Most cities actually have people that routinely deal with this and I'm sure Calgary is no exception.

Usually the unwilling neighbor is required (by law) to pay for half of the minimum fence that will satisfy municipal codes. (Where I live that is a chain link fence roughly 5 feet high.)

Hope this helps!

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    so did you get it built?

Quote Originally Posted by Skully44420 View Post
    so did you get it built?
    Yep....All done

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information