Primalinstinct is offline Associate Member

the chillow pillow

http://www.chillowstore.com/

Does anyone know who carries it in stock, in the U.S.?

I stopped by Bed, Bath & Beyond and they didn't have it.

Any input would be great. I don't have the time this time of the year to call & drive around looking for it.

Peace.

Gonna rename it the "Tren -Pillow"?

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup View Post
    Gonna rename it the "Tren -Pillow"?

Red
    Touche.

Ur a smart one.

Still lookin. Anyone?.........

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    No idea where a chillow pillow can be had . . .

What I use is one of these:
    http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid...t=HPCat2915118
    . . . a package of freezable blue ice (available just about anywhere) wrapped in a towel and secured with a big rubber band. I thought that since people snuggled with a hot water bottle in winter to keep warm, it seemed to me that the same would work in summer with ice to keep cool. Works pretty well, IMHO. Keeps my summer electric bill here in Texas below $60/month.

I use a small portable swamp cooler too:
    http://www.air-n-water.com/faq_swamp.htm
    They work best in hot & dry climates, but help considerably on Dallas summer nights. They won't cool a room down very much, but mine pulls outside air in, cools it down between 5 and 15 degrees (depending on the humidity), and another fan blows the room air back outside. Night air can get up to 85 degrees F, so a 10 degree reduction helps quite a bit.

Ya, we pay about 16 cents / KWH here in Texas. I hate writing big checks just for electricity . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tock View Post
    No idea where a chillow pillow can be had . . .

What I use is one of these:
    http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid...t=HPCat2915118
    . . . a package of freezable blue ice (available just about anywhere) wrapped in a towel and secured with a big rubber band. I thought that since people snuggled with a hot water bottle in winter to keep warm, it seemed to me that the same would work in summer with ice to keep cool. Works pretty well, IMHO. Keeps my summer electric bill here in Texas below $60/month.

I use a small portable swamp cooler too:
    http://www.air-n-water.com/faq_swamp.htm
    They work best in hot & dry climates, but help considerably on Dallas summer nights. They won't cool a room down very much, but mine pulls outside air in, cools it down between 5 and 15 degrees (depending on the humidity), and another fan blows the room air back outside. Night air can get up to 85 degrees F, so a 10 degree reduction helps quite a bit.

Ya, we pay about 16 cents / KWH here in Texas. I hate writing big checks just for electricity . . .
    Thanks for the solid input, Tock.

Yea, I've been using a blue ice pack (soft version) on the back of the neck whenever it gets to be too much for me.

I just happen to catch the cillow pillow on a segment of a television show and figured I would at least give it a look, if not give it a try. Honestly, I don't think anything is going to help me 100%. I naturally get heated up quickly.

Thanks, again for taking the time to post the links. Very nice of you.

The hunt continues....

Quote Originally Posted by Primalinstinct View Post
    Yea, I've been using a blue ice pack (soft version) on the back of the neck whenever it gets to be too much for me.
    Another trick to cool yourself down is to stick ice packs (wrapped in washtowels of course) inside your armpits.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup;40***77
    Another trick to cool yourself down is to stick ice packs (wrapped in washtowels of course) inside your armpits.

Red

Thanks, Red.

The back of the neck suffices quite well. Just icing these old knees works good, too.

I'll give it a shot. Damn, I'm gonna look stupid.

The sh!t we are willing to go through & do, I swear.

It's good that you are ok with ice pack on neck...

I gave myself the most wicked ice cream headache the last time I put an ice pack there I stick to armpits now.

Red

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    try your feet, i have always heard your body controls its temp through it feet, you know if your feet get cold in the winter your damn cold all over. so dont were socks to sleep if you do, and if you do thats weird, and maybe blue ice on your feet? i have the same prob though i get so hot when i try to sleep and if i get too hot i cant go to sleep and i wake up a lot

Thread Information