Thread: Only in NJ

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    hahah

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    hahaha nice

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    thats harsh, but hilarious.

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Not trying to be a dick, but I don't see anything wrong with this other than the fact that they verbalized to the girls why they weren't letting them in. The doorman of a club has the right to refuse entry to anyone without giving reason. Thats always been the policy. Thats why any well known night clubs let the hot girls in first and make the rest wait in line. If you go with a few guys, you better have a pack of girls with you too. Dress code is enforced on certain people and not as strict on others. Blacks are usually given a hard time too and most often turned away for dress code.

I've worked at 28 bars or night clubs for the last 9 years and this in nothing unusual. The owner should have given another reason though instead of saying "because they were fat." Just like they would never tell a group of black guys in "hip hop" attire that they weren't letting them in because they are black. They would say, "your shirts too long or pants are too baggy or you have on timberlands, etc."

Clubs get their reputations from having beautiful people and an upscale crowd. Thats just the way it works. If you don't like it, go to another club.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    Not trying to be a dick, but I don't see anything wrong with this other than the fact that they verbalized to the girls why they weren't letting them in. The doorman of a club has the right to refuse entry to anyone without giving reason. Thats always been the policy. Thats why any well known night clubs let the hot girls in first and make the rest wait in line. If you go with a few guys, you better have a pack of girls with you too. Dress code is enforced on certain people and not as strict on others. Blacks are usually given a hard time too and most often turned away for dress code.

I've worked at 28 bars or night clubs for the last 9 years and this in nothing unusual. The owner should have given another reason though instead of saying "because they were fat." Just like they would never tell a group of black guys in "hip hop" attire that they weren't letting them in because they are black. They would say, "your shirts too long or pants are too baggy or you have on timberlands, etc."

Clubs get their reputations from having beautiful people and an upscale crowd. Thats just the way it works. If you don't like it, go to another club.

Oh i agree with you. I worked the door at upscale clubs before. We used to say you are to casual for tonight. Its funny but the manager is stupid for saying to loose weight and come back

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    This is phemonanol!

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    The funny thing is that this "boycott" that they are starting will probably help the clubs business. The only people who will boycott are the overweight and unattractive, which the club didnt let in or want there anyway, lol. And it will draw more people who are fit/attractive to the club knowing that the club most likely has a better looking crowd than others since they are selective on who gets in and who doesn't based on looks.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Its about time fat people were dealt some punishment for their lack of will power. If i opened a nightclub it would be called "Fat Free" and not allow anyone fat in. Id call it elitism rather than racism or secularism.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    They have the right to refuse service to anyone but they should do it in a better manner.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI View Post
    They have the right to refuse service to anyone but they should do it in a better manner.
    What was it that Quaqmire said, "Fat chicks need lovin to, but they gotta pay." LMAO!!!!! God I love that show.....But yeah no class in the way they handled it. Regardless, Im still all for it

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    I have seen clubs turn people a way for a lot of resons.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    "fat people are bad for business"

Thread Information