Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member

Attractions in Florida...?

So, I know some of you people here are from Florida and I'm sure lots more have been there...

A lady I work with has 20 acres right near the entrance to Disney World, nothing is currently on the land and her and her husband have just been sitting on it cuz they know it's a gold mine.

Now our company is laying people off, cutting hours and stuff like that and they are finally going through with what they wanted to do with that land.

They plan on building a "High End" RV park. It'll have a laundromat, swimming pools, gift shop etc. Plus it will be tied into a shuttle service to Disney World.
    Since she knows me and knows my work ethic, she wants me to help them put this all together, and my wife and I to help run it once it's all up and running.

When I first told my wife about this she was all excited, cuz our life has kinda become the same ol thing day in and day out. But now that this is all happening, I'm real excited about it and she's hesitant just because she's scared of uprooting our lives and going across the country where we don't know anybody.

My question is, what kinds of things can we look forward to if we decide to move. Sights, attractions, beaches?

Anyone ever been in a situation like this?

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    I think you will enjoy Florida and what it has to offer minus the hurricanes, but being in Orlando that won't be too bad for you. But there are a ton of things to do, I'm sure you will stay busy for a while, not only is there Disney but Universal Studios, SeaWorld, Aquatica, Discovery Cove, everything downtown, and the beaches won't be far from you at all. I think you will like it, I don't want to live anywhere else.

BIG-N-Brazil is offline Associate Member
    Not exactly but I am from Florida. That part is real nice. Good beaches and loads of attractions within a few hours. Seaworld,Bush Gardens, Miami.lol Lots to do. Just watch out for the Hurricanes... Hope it works out for you.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Im there like 2-3 times a year. Theres so much happening there you shouldnt have any problems keeping busy. Worse comes to worse no matter where you are you're no more than 30mins from a beach.

Cool, I'm so excited about this, I've been all over the west coast but never out east. The only thing is I'm afraid of getting settled down there and then having this business fail and having to tuck tail between my legs and come all the way back with less than I have now.

Although a business like that, you'd think you couldn't go wrong. An RV park right outside one of our nations bigger attractions... I'd imagine we'll be banking!

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    the best attraction is katsmeow!

Quote Originally Posted by FREAK View Post
    LMAO... My wife may disagree somewhat

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    my wife did too lol

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by FREAK View Post
    You crack me up!

stallion_1 is offline suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    So, I know some of you people here are from Florida and I'm sure lots more have been there...

A lady I work with has 20 acres right near the entrance to Disney World, nothing is currently on the land and her and her husband have just been sitting on it cuz they know it's a gold mine.

Now our company is laying people off, cutting hours and stuff like that and they are finally going through with what they wanted to do with that land.

They plan on building a "High End" RV park. It'll have a laundromat, swimming pools, gift shop etc. Plus it will be tied into a shuttle service to Disney World.
    Since she knows me and knows my work ethic, she wants me to help them put this all together, and my wife and I to help run it once it's all up and running.

When I first told my wife about this she was all excited, cuz our life has kinda become the same ol thing day in and day out. But now that this is all happening, I'm real excited about it and she's hesitant just because she's scared of uprooting our lives and going across the country where we don't know anybody.

My question is, what kinds of things can we look forward to if we decide to move. Sights, attractions, beaches?

Anyone ever been in a situation like this?
    the bitches i mean beaches

bigt10 is offline Member
    its FL go to the beach. Florida is awsome always stuff to do a awsome place. Miami is an awesome night life place.

Is there alot of nice beaches and clubs in orlando or tampa?

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Shall Issue Conceal&Carry!

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    Miami sucks, will never go again. NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH! WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by Flex-Appeal View Post
    Miami sucks, will never go again. NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH! WTF?!
    LOL same with San Diego. Both the number one rated TV and Radio stations are Spanish....

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    You will enjoy Orlando. There is always something to do. Of course, you need money to enjoy most of it. You will never not have anything to do that is for sure. You can get seasonal passes to the theme parks which is a blast. Just go for a couple hours every once in awhile and go home. The only thing we dont have here is snow. The only bad part is the occasional hurricane. Other than its golden. Also, the culture in Orlando area is different than others. We have such a mix background of people from all over the world plus the constant influx of tourists. This place is just one big melting pot with no real identity.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    You will enjoy Orlando. There is always something to do. Of course, you need money to enjoy most of it. You will never not have anything to do that is for sure. You can get seasonal passes to the theme parks which is a blast. Just go for a couple hours every once in awhile and go home. The only thing we dont have here is snow. The only bad part is the occasional hurricane. Other than its golden. Also, the culture in Orlando area is different than others. We have such a mix background of people from all over the world plus the constant influx of tourists. This place is just one big melting pot with no real identity.
    So basically there's something for everybody...
    I love the fact that it'll still be warm in the winter. Up here I've been out ice fishing in 40 below zero weather! And this last April we got a blizzard that dumped 22 inches of snow on us.

I will miss certain things about this place I'm sure, everybody's friendly and knows everybody else. I graduated High School with 39 other people LOL. But I think I'm ready for a big change in my life, and the best time to do it is while I'm still young, no kids yet... You only got one life, might as well see what's out there right?

bigt10 is offline Member
    does everyone call it the "GunShine state" now?

Quote Originally Posted by bigt10 View Post
    does everyone call it the "GunShine state" now?
    no, never heard of it. we have some bad areas. just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    So basically there's something for everybody...
    I love the fact that it'll still be warm in the winter. Up here I've been out ice fishing in 40 below zero weather! And this last April we got a blizzard that dumped 22 inches of snow on us.

I will miss certain things about this place I'm sure, everybody's friendly and knows everybody else. I graduated High School with 39 other people LOL. But I think I'm ready for a big change in my life, and the best time to do it is while I'm still young, no kids yet... You only got one life, might as well see what's out there right?
    wearing shorts and tshirts on christmas weather is beautiful here most of winter.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    RV campground....hmmmm....is that like temporary white trash housing? j/k

As long as the hurricanes don't kick your ass, sounds pretty good.

can i live in your RV park? i probably meet the minimum requirement of drinking wine from a box and missing X amount of teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtball_619 View Post
    can i live in your RV park? i probably meet the minimum requirement of drinking wine from a box and missing X amount of teeth?
    ...ummmm no. You sound pretty cool though....

Thread Information