BTM0085 is offline Associate Member

Question for bouncers?

Hey dudes, I a going back to school in Jan...need to focus on my studies during the week and was thinking about looking for a job bouncing at one of the college bars.I already have my security license. Im not monster but pretty big 6'4 220 press around 200 bench over 300..Any experienced bouncers got any advice on if this is a smart move? Also, I have no insurance..Are the bars liable for your medical bills say if someone cracks a chair/bottle over your head?

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I've bounced at two different bars. It was fun while it lasted but I wouldn't do it again. Risking your ass for 10$ an hour is not worth it. Besides it gets old and boring real fast.

stpete is offline Banned
    Go for it. I worked at a "show bar" for a while and it was great. Scenery couldn't be beat. But in your case, you'd be dealing with a bunch of broke people at the end of the night probably looking for a fight. Depends on the money. All about the Benjamins my man.

hotpink is offline Female Member
    be a bouncer at a strip club

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpink View Post
    Exactly. Everyone's happy at the strip club.

MR_T is offline Member
    I did pizza delivery for a couple of years... made $15-20/hour on weekends for driving around, got a few tickets thought

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Exactly. Everyone's happy at the strip club.
    oh haha sorry I didn't read your post. But its true.

Except I went to one the other night and 2 bikes got stolen and I guess a dancer's car too. But not the bouncers!

stpete is offline Banned
    oh haha sorry I didn't read your post. But its true.

Except I went to one the other night and 2 bikes got stolen and I guess a dancer's car too. But not the bouncers!
    He should of been taking care of his girl! No tips for him. lol

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    He should of been taking care of his girl! No tips for him. lol
    haha. hey congrats on the boss!

stpete is offline Banned
    haha. hey congrats on the boss!
    We've been there. Or at least i have. Miss it too.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Did you really need two threads on this topic ?

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Did you really need two threads on this topic ?
    yeah, please see my response in your other thread about this same question.

Question for bouncers?

And sorry, but I am going to have to strongly disagree with this suggestion. Probably the most dangerous place you can work at besides a local biker bar. Plus the "seeing naked dancers all night" thing loses its appeal after the first night. Once you see everything going on behind the scenes. The drugs, sleeziness, hear the std stories, witness a few blowjobs and prositution, etc. You will feel filthy walking out of that place.

Plus it ruins the whole strip club experience for you as a patron. You will not want to go to them as much anymore on your nights off. Its like a magic show. Once you've seen all the tricks (no pun intended), and know whats going on behind the curtain, it loses its appeal.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    You can get a job just about anywhere that is going to pay better.

facile is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    And sorry, but I am going to have to strongly disagree with this suggestion. Probably the most dangerous place you can work at besides a local biker bar. Plus the "seeing naked dancers all night" thing loses its appeal after the first night. Once you see everything going on behind the scenes. The drugs, sleeziness, hear the std stories, witness a few blowjobs and prositution, etc. You will feel filthy walking out of that place.

Plus it ruins the whole strip club experience for you as a patron. You will not want to go to them as much anymore on your nights off. Its like a magic show. Once you've seen all the tricks (no pun intended), and know whats going on behind the curtain, it loses its appeal.

^^^^Agreed, after the first few months, the luster faded quickly. Did meet some good people. Lots of drugs etc.... tons of sad stories, it's a very corrupting atmosphere.

But there were plenty of good times as well!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't go back.

g.gonzales90 is offline New Member
    I say go for it you've got the size but thats not what its all about you have to be more of a people person and be able to diffuse i situation rather than make it ignite. I have bounced at a local UCF bar for 2 years and probably have been in 10-12 "altercations" tops. If you do bounce get to know your regulars they can tend to help you out as well.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Quote Originally Posted by willieboy36 View Post
    Hey dudes, I a going back to school in Jan...need to focus on my studies during the week and was thinking about looking for a job bouncing at one of the college bars.I already have my security license. Im not monster but pretty big 6'4 220 press around 200 bench over 300..Any experienced bouncers got any advice on if this is a smart move? Also, I have no insurance..Are the bars liable for your medical bills say if someone cracks a chair/bottle over your head?
    If the money is good go for it. I'll bounce occasionally on South Beach for extra cash. Remember society today is ever changing...knives, guns, pepper spray. A bottle is the least of your worries.You may even find its not for you...but try it...let us know how it goes...BTW the clubs are NOT responsible for medical!! You are basically on your own when it comes to that. Anything less than $125-150 for starters is BS! Per night.

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    bouncing will not be worth it in most cases. Plus, its pretty hard to wake up for your 8 am classes when you had to work til 3am the past 3 nights

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

strip bar is the most dangerous place? I don't know where you got that from? I've bounced and managed some clubs. Strip bars are one of the least dangerous

as far as you being covered if you are hurt. If they pay you wit ha 1099 your a self contractors and its your responsibility. If your cash aint going to happen unless your boss is generous. If you get paid by check and they are taking takes out you will be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    strip bar is the most dangerous place? I don't know where you got that from? I've bounced and managed some clubs. Strip bars are one of the least dangerous
    I got that from working at them for 9 years. Other than local biker bars, they are by far the most dangerous. Any in my area are mafia fronts. Between that, the prostitution, drug transactions and the cash flow in and out of the place mixed with the specific area it is located and the clientel, it is hands down a tough place to work. Also, almost 100% of the crowd is men and usually come in groups. Only places I've worked where we had weapons stashed throughout the bar including shot guns, baseball bats, sawed off pool sticks etc. at various locations. (In addition to any piece you carry on you.)
    But I'm sure location has something to do with it too. This is in the tri-state area incuding NYC, new rouchelle, bridgeport and newhaven.
    Out of all the types of clubs/bars I've worked in, none have had more people shot, stabbed, and beaten to near death more than stripclubs.

I got that from working at them for 9 years. Other than local biker bars, they are by far the most dangerous. Any in my area are mafia fronts. Between that, the prostitution, drug transactions and the cash flow in and out of the place mixed with the specific area it is located and the clientel, it is hands down a tough place to work. Also, almost 100% of the crowd is men and usually come in groups. Only places I've worked where we had weapons stashed throughout the bar including shot guns, baseball bats, sawed off pool sticks etc. at various locations. (In addition to any piece you carry on you.)
    But I'm sure location has something to do with it too. This is in the tri-state area incuding NYC, new rouchelle, bridgeport and newhaven.
    Out of all the types of clubs/bars I've worked in, none have had more people shot, stabbed, and beaten to near death more than stripclubs.
    see i had the complete opposite experiences. Yes some were mob run. But that eliminated a lot of the problems because people knew not to mess around. And they weren't an issue for me personally i was friendly with the, Yes there were drugs and dealers. But never really had much of a problem with them. Funny thing pretty much the same area. NYC, NJ and Philly is where i worked.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    see i had the complete opposite experiences. Yes some were mob run. But that eliminated a lot of the problems because people knew not to mess around. And they weren't an issue for me personally i was friendly with the, Yes there were drugs and dealers. But never really had much of a problem with them. Funny thing pretty much the same area. NYC, NJ and Philly is where i worked.
    Nice. Yeah, same area pretty much. They aren't all bad. One's that are juice bars and don't serve alcohol always had less problems obviously. And the pay is better than normal clubs cause aside from our payout from the club, we got tipped out by all the dancers that night too. And we usually had at least 20 girls on a night. So it adds up pretty nice cash wise.

But as for advice for the original poster, if you are just a college kid who is looking to make a little money on the side, talk to chicks, not get into too much trouble, and have fun... maybe the danger insn't justified by the pay. Better to make 50 bucks workin at a bar with all college kids than $150-200 at a bar where u have to have a vest on and carry 2 pieces and have eyes in the back of your head at all times.

Thread Information