Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    And this one is for you.

http://www.beverlyhillssurgical.com/page20.htm

Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    good one

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    Well that's sort of what I was getting at, just looking at 2 guys I wouldn't look at them and say "they both look good, but one guy is taller so that gives him the advantage". BUT if the height can add to their look, by making them appear less blocky, more dramatic or anything like that, then it can be an advantage. Just for the appearance that the height can give them, not the factore of height itself. And I honestly do think shorter guys have the benefit in appearance of thickness and being symmetrical, so if a guy is tall and has that streamlined, long muscled appearance AND be thick and symmetrical, I think it's even more impressive, to my eyes.

BTM0085 is offline Associate Member
    I personally think there are 3 aspects to having the ideal body....Muscle size, being shredded and height..Anyone who has all three down is greater than one who only has two...So Ill put Freeman over cutler and Coleman anyday...If there was a steroid to take to make you taller 10 times the people that juice right now would take it...Height is more/just as important to the average persons eyes when judging a body overall.IMO

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    i'm 5'10. if i wasnt into bodybuilding i would have preferred to be 6 feet. at 5'10 though i like the way my body looks overall with a good amount of muscle. not too compressed and not too lanky

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    6' here

0tolerance is offline Associate Member
    im like 5ft11 or 6ft.. cant remember dont really care.

but if i remember correctly, if body building is about the muscle proportions on your body... then height shouldnt matter, only the proportions should.

im 6'3.5 and while height might be frustrating when guys who cant pick up an object(likea rock) you can bench more than you, i wouldnt trade my height in for anything id like to be taller actually... freeman and coleman walk into a room of average joes...I believe more people would be impressed with freeman. bodybuilding is biased towards the little man because little men getinto bodybuilding more...A tall skinny guy usually is gonna say well i aint jacked but atleast im tall so who cares....also id bet a skinny tall man ismore appealing to a woman than a short guy...short guys that are huge just dont look right imo..
    Last edited by BTM0085; 09-16-2008 at 08:29 PM.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm with Carlos on this one aswell. I'm 5'8/5'9 at 190lb, I have 16.5" arms and they look HUGE because of my height and build. Bodybuilding is all about giving the ILLUSION you are big.

Why do you think a shredded guy looks bigger than a bulky guy? In reality, the shredded guy is actually a lot smaller than the bulky guy, but due to the illusion his body creates, he LOOKS bigger. There are plenty of guys I know in the gym who are 6' and above, their arms bigger than mine, and yet, my arms LOOK bigger than theirs because of my height.

Moral of the story? There is SAID to be an ideal height which was previously mentioned, around 5'9 - 5'11, but even then, that is not set in concrete. As Carlos mentioned, no-one can help how tall they are (let's not got into growth hormone ), so instead of worrying over our height, we should be grateful we are alive, healthy, and look good
    Last edited by GT2; 09-16-2008 at 08:47 PM.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by willieboy36 View Post
    And also if a 6'4 200 lbs man benches 300 with long arms, and a 5'9 200 lbs man benches 300 with short arms whos got the better bench in your opinions?
    300lbs is 300 lbs no matter what the advantage is.nobody has the better bench. now add body weight, if the short guy weigh 200 and the big guy weighs 340, the short guy has the better press, if they are the same weight, nobody wins

Quote Originally Posted by Chode Logan View Post
    Well I do believe in the short mans complex thing. Hell I'm 5'11 and I wish I was 6'3. I like feeling powerful, and with me not being dominantly tall, I try to do it with size. So I imagine that feeling would be multiplied greatly with guys around 5'6 (not all, just the ones who like to feel/look powerful...like all of us do).

i wish i was 7'2'' but with my same size proportional to that height. iwould have been a dominate center in the NBA! lol!

but seriously, just becausei wish i was taller, i am far from having a short mans complex at 5'10''. i feel powerful at my given height now.

I personally think there are 3 aspects to having the ideal body....Muscle size, being shredded and height..Anyone who has all three down is greater than one who only has two...So Ill put Freeman over cutler and Coleman anyday...If there was a steroid to take to make you taller 10 times the people that juice right now would take it...Height is more/just as important to the average persons eyes when judging a body overall.IMO
    You used the word average. That's something I would never compare myself to.
    im 6'3.5 and while height might be frustrating when guys who cant pick up an object(likea rock) you can bench more than you, i wouldnt trade my height in for anything id like to be taller actually... freeman and coleman walk into a room of average joes...I believe more people would be impressed with freeman. bodybuilding is biased towards the little man because little men getinto bodybuilding more...A tall skinny guy usually is gonna say well i aint jacked but atleast im tall so who cares....also id bet a skinny tall man ismore appealing to a woman than a short guy...short guys that are huge just dont look right imo..
    There you go again. I'm amused you care what "average" people think. You should set higher standards.

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55;41***29
    that statement discredits your entire thread
    x2 for Freeman looking ten times better than that ugly slob Ronnie.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    you are either jealous that your genetics are lousy for building muscle mass or you are just trying to instigate shit on here...

its one or the other dude

i am calling you out

please dude im jealous of no ones genetics or physique under 6''...I mean im sure theres dudes that look better than me, Id rather be tall personally...Im not instigating just lookingto start a dialogue on height in bodybuilding something rarely reffered too. You sound like the jealous one to be honest..Do you really think I posted this too start a tall vs short war..cmon

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    you are either jealous that your genetics are lousy for building muscle mass or you are just trying to instigate shit on here...

i am calling you out

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post

i am calling you out
    I asked him to post a photo last week. No photo yet!

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    I smell something burning

here you go
    stats
    6'3.5
    218 lbs
    17 arms
    44 chest
    18 calves
    78 wingspan
    max bench 320
    max press 195
    bf approx 13

i can always puton size you little men are never gonna get any taller!!!
    Last edited by BTM0085; 09-18-2008 at 01:16 PM.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    here you go
    stats
    6'3.5
    218 lbs
    17 arms
    44 chest
    18 calves
    78 wingspan
    max bench 320
    max press 195
    bf approx 13

lol. you surely have nothing to brag about. And the fact you have to keep making knocks about being short shows how insecure you are.

whydont you read the whole thread pal..i havent knocked anyone.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    what about your last comment

i havent knocked anyone.
    Umm... OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post
    lol!! good one

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    Ha why are you insulting people who are shorter than you? What the hell does that prove?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information