Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    of what i've read on here people either seem uneducated themselves or just overly blind to the other side of the fence. i don't see how you can say that most businesses earn over a quarter million a year. think of how many small businesses there are in the rural parts of the country, and how few people use their services, then think again. even in larger parts, as people said, the actual profit is usually very small, and they rely on immense volume to actually make decent money. good for you that your parents own trucks, but not everyone has access to trucks, the initial investment to buy trucks, or the demand for trucking in their area. like the saying goes, it takes money to make money, and opening your own business is the best display of this.

regardless of whats being said in the debate or on the news, i think that mccain would go into the white house and spend his time carrying out every last wish of george bush. from the wars, to taxes and healthcare and everything else, and as you can see, bush's way is not working anymore. no one can sit here and say his economic plan is working when we are in the worst depression in almost 80 years, and that people are losing jobs/savings/pensions at probably the highest rate ever. the only thing that will fix that is change, which mccain clearly doesn't bring to the table.

ruhl i don't know what is wrong with you, but if you sincerely believe that democrats are overall less intelligent that republicans, you are part of the problem yourself. democrats account for a huge percentage of people with college degrees, while few republicans are actually smart. the majority of republicans live in the most rural areas of the country, which like it or not, are also the most uneducated. maybe they finished high school unlike a very small amount of people from cities or largely populated areas, but those schools are a joke and a very small amount would go on to college. to top it off, over the last 20 or so presidents, the average IQs have been astoundingly higher for democrats than republicans, and while they are all highly educated (like bush's yale degree) you would not be able to tell by the outside.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    of what i've read on here people either seem uneducated themselves or just overly blind to the other side of the fence.
    Language fallacy, ambiguous language with no evidence, try again.

i don't see how you can say that most businesses earn over a quarter million a year. think of how many small businesses there are in the rural parts of the country, and how few people use their services, then think again. even in larger parts, as people said, the actual profit is usually very small, and they rely on immense volume to actually make decent money.
    ‘Very Small’ again has no relevance in a discussion where you don’t even attempt to define what it is.
    An avg small business can avg $3,000 to $10,000 a month.

This goes against the ‘1/4 mil” a year figure, indeed on avg, but it still proves nothing, on a sociobiological, ethical, or *********ary standpoint.

good for you that your parents own trucks, but not everyone has access to trucks, the initial investment to buy trucks, or the demand for trucking in their area. like the saying goes, it takes money to make money, and opening your own business is the best display of this. .
    Sayings don’t make people rich. People make themselves rich. This is nothing but philogical nonsense.

regardless of whats being said in the debate or on the news, i think that mccain would go into the white house and spend his time carrying out every last wish of george bush. from the wars, to taxes and healthcare and everything else, and as you can see, bush's way is not working anymore. no one can sit here and say his economic plan is working when we are in the worst depression in almost 80 years, and that people are losing jobs/savings/pensions at probably the highest rate ever. the only thing that will fix that is change, which mccain clearly doesn't bring to the table.

“Worst depression in almost 80 years”?!!!
    NOT A SINGLE PERSON AGREES WITH YOU.
    Do some g/damn research… on everything. Ecology, sociobiology, monetary *********, you just look like a.. real lazy person at this point.

ruhl i don't know what is wrong with you, but if you sincerely believe that democrats are overall less intelligent that republicans, you are part of the problem yourself. democrats account for a huge percentage of people with college degrees, while few republicans are actually smart. the majority of republicans live in the most rural areas of the country, which like it or not, are also the most uneducated. maybe they finished high school unlike a very small amount of people from cities or largely populated areas, but those schools are a joke and a very small amount would go on to college. to top it off, over the last 20 or so presidents, the average IQs have been astoundingly higher for democrats than republicans, and while they are all highly educated (like bush's yale degree) you would not be able to tell by the outside.
    evidence? Proof? Scholarly derived? Not google bs please.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    you really don't think this depression is that bad? read the newspaper, watch cnn, look at the stock market. the dow and s&p are doing TERRIBLY. people are losing money all over the place. i was reading an article stating almost every major computer company was down over 10% in the last week alone (microsoft apple sun etc)

you said it yourself, a small business could make ~10k a month which is no where near 250k a year. i don't see the point of that argument at all. unless you're trying to say that average goes against less than 10%..

i don't really know how you can argue the root of that saying since its proved true in that case, as well as many others. unless you have a great inventions, you need financial backing to start a company, i don't even see how you can argue that.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2006/10/temp.php
    lower states = less intelligent also = states mostly republican
    http://www.halfsigma.com/2006/06/democrats_may_n.html
    showing an increase in democrat intelligence while a decrease in republican
    http://www.ti****nline.co.uk/tol/new...icle634182.ece
    bush's lower iq than others

KingTenderloin is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't see how you can say that most businesses earn over a quarter million a year. think of how many small businesses there are in the rural parts of the country, and how few people use their services, then think again. even in larger parts, as people said, the actual profit is usually very small, and they rely on immense volume to actually make decent money

look i was done reading this thread...but this is just not true, obama again claimed last night that 98% of small businesses make 250K a year, thats a lie he, u, and whoever can keep saying that, its just not true....not trying to sound like ruhl here but i kno a friend who has an antique furniture restoration business (what a shitty job) with 5 employees and hes been doing for 15 year, his worst year he made 300K .... so u can keep telling me that they dont make that but ill just say, k thats fine. If i could get obamas definition of a small business, who hes gonna raise taxes on and whos excluded (businesses, not the 95% of americans bs) and where how he goes about getting his numbers then that might help

democrats account for a huge percentage of people with college degrees, while few republicans are actually smart. the majority of republicans live in the most rural areas of the country, which like it or not, are also the most uneducated. maybe they finished high school unlike a very small amount of people from cities or largely populated areas, but those schools are a joke and a very small amount would go on to college.

Lol yeah thats true

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Do I really need to remind anybody where the economy was at before bush took office and where its at now? Do I really need to remind anybody who decided to go into debt in order to invade Iraq? Anybody who does not think times are bad right now, do I need to remind you where the dollar has stood for the last 80 years and where it stands now?

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    you really don't think this depression is that bad? read the newspaper, watch cnn, look at the stock market. the dow and s&p are doing TERRIBLY. people are losing money all over the place. i was reading an article stating almost every major computer company was down over 10% in the last week alone (microsoft apple sun etc)

you said it yourself, a small business could make ~10k a month which is no where near 250k a year. i don't see the point of that argument at all. unless you're trying to say that average goes against less than 10%..

i don't really know how you can argue the root of that saying since its proved true in that case, as well as many others. unless you have a great inventions, you need financial backing to start a company, i don't even see how you can argue that.

ok you're a moron because even for a RECESSION you have to have two consecutive quarters of negative gdp growth and we've not even had ONE yet.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    Do I really need to remind anybody where the economy was at before bush took office and where its at now? Do I really need to remind anybody who decided to go into debt in order to invade Iraq? Anybody who does not think times are bad right now, do I need to remind you where the dollar has stood for the last 80 years and where it stands now?
    Yeah, plz remind me.
    I left you alone cause you said you were leaving the thread...what do you want to do?

briancb1 is offline Member
    IronReloaded04 - You fell into the trap hard by saying you were smarter than xx% of the people in America, you gave a statistic... tisk tisk... Why don't you bring up Vietnam while you are at it. You probably didn't know Kratos is a pretty whitty guy so you can't make ficticious or "unbackable" claims around him.

T-Own: Laugh at your comment on republicans have less eduaction statement, where did you get that from? What party pulls for socializing America? Why would the "wealthier and more educated" people want this?

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member

Depression????

I didn't want to talk to you, to avoid the frustration of what it feels like to talk to a wall. You're young and have a lot to learn, keep an open mind.

George W. Bush Low Intelligence Myth Debunked

August 6, 2001

Debunked: "Lovenstein Institute" report that George W. Bush "has lowest IQ of all presidents of past 50 years"

Additional investigation revealed that the presidential IQ report ("Report: President Bush has lowest IQ of all presidents of past 50 years") attributed to the (fictitious) Lovenstein Institute is a hoax, debunked July 18, 2001 by snopes.com, an urban legends website (click here to read the snopes.com exposé; click here to read the original report, published in the fictitious "Pennsylvania Court Observer." In a Lexis-Nexis search, I found the hoax reported as factual information in at least four foreign newspapers: Guardian ("Diary" by Matthew Norman, July 19, 2001), The Express ("By George he's the dimmest," July 20, 2001, p. 8, no byline), the Scottish Daily Record ("Dumbya's dumb day" by Alexandra Williams, July 20, 2001, p. 2), and Bilt Zeitung ("Bush dümmster Präsident seit 1945 -- IQ nur 91," Aug. 1, 2001, no byline).

Aside from the factual errors noted in snopes.com's debunking, the story is transparently bogus, given that JFK (IQ reportedly 174) actually tested at 119 (though admittedly on the relatively crude Otis test) and Nixon (IQ reportedly 155), actually tested nearly a full standard deviation lower, at 143, according to the historical record. Given his academic record, Bill Clinton (IQ reportedly 182) probably has an IQ quite similar to that of Al Gore (who tested at 134, according to the public record).

In short, our presidents aren't nearly as smart as the bogus Lovenstein report would have us believe. [Intellectuals tend to be mediocre politicians who have great difficulty faking connectedness voters.] Given that intelligence tests are standardized with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15, the average Democratic president, with a "Lovenstein IQ" of 156 (i.e., +3.7 SD) would be in the top one-hundredth of one percent under the bell curve -- that is, the top 10,000th relative to the general population in intellectual ability). Moreover, it is unlikely that there would be a gap of nearly three standard deviations between the IQs of Democratic ("Lovenstein IQ" = 156) and Republican ("Lovenstein IQ" = 115.5) presidents.

August 2, 2001

George W. Bush's intelligence quotient

Yesterday I received a telephone call from the Washington correspondent of a German newspaper, who related to me the findings of "a group in Pennsylvania" concerning George W. Bush's IQ, reported in the German paper, Bilt Zeitung. The reporter wanted to discuss my published estimate of Bush's intelligence quotient ("Bush Gets Bad Rap on Intelligence," St. Cloud Times, Jan. 14, 2001).

After unsuccessfully searching Lexis-Nexis for foreign and domestic newspaper and wire reports, I found some information on the "Bush Watch" site (at http://www.bushwatch.com/dumb.htm). A copy of the report is appended below.

The reported IQ estimates are suspect, given that JFK (estimated IQ = 174) actually tested at 119 (though on the less than ideal Otis test) and Nixon (estimated IQ = 155) actually tested nearly a full standard deviation lower, at 143. Given his academic record, Bill Clinton (estimated IQ = 182) probably has an IQ quite similar to that of Al Gore (tested at 134).

The whole thing sounds bogus.

Copy of the Bush Watch posting attributed to Jennifer Borenstein of Baskerville News Service:

"The intelligence of our presidents has never been seriously scrutinized at any time in our history until now. There is a widespread perception that President G. W. Bush is not qualified for the position he holds. That increasing awareness by the people has led to a study of the intellectual ability of all presidents for the past fifty years. There have been twelve presidents in that time, from F. D. Roosevelt to G. W. Bush. All were rated based on scholarly achievements, writings that they alone wrote, their ability to speak effectively, and a number of psychological factors. The conclusions of the study, conducted by an independent think tank located in Scranton, Pennsylvania were surprising. This think tank includes high caliber historians, psychiatrists, sociologists, scientists in human behavior, and psychologists. Among their ranks are Dr. Werner Levenstein, world-renowned sociologist, and Professor Patricia A. Williams, a world-respected psychiatrist. All members of the think tank are experts at being able to detect a person's IQ from the criteria stated earlier. After four months of research, these learned men and women have determined the IQs of each president within a range of five percentage points. The IQs listed below are the norms for each president.

147 Franklin D. Roosevelt (D) 132 Harry Truman (D) 122 Dwight D. Eisenhower (R) 174 John F. Kennedy (D) 126 Lyndon B. Johnson (D) 155 Richard M. Nixon (R) 121 Gerald Ford (R) 175 James E. Carter (D) 105 Ronald Reagan (R) 099 George HW Bush (R) 182 William J. Clinton (D) 091 George W. Bush (R)

The non-partisan researchers who evaluated the twelve presidents determined that the six Republican presidents for the past 50 years had an average IQ of 115.5, with President Nixon having the highest IQ, at 155. President G. W. Bush was rated the lowest of all the Republicans with an IQ of 91. The six Democrat presidents had IQs with an average of 156, with President Clinton having the highest IQ, at 182. President Lyndon B. Johnson was rated the lowest of all the Democrats with an IQ of 126. The margin of error is plus or minus five percent. This study was initiated on February 13, 2001 and completed on June 17, 2001. This study validated the widespread feeling of people about the sitting president. President Bush was rated low because of his inability to command the English language, his lack of any scholarly achievements, and an absence of anything authored by him that would reflect an intellectual effort." -- "Jennifer Borenstein, Baskerville News Service, 6/28/01"

It was a hoax, there is no such data, the institute doesn't even exist.

As for Republicans being rural and uneducated people.

No high school degree = 1

High school degree, no college = 2

Some college, no degree = 3

College graduate = 4

"Postgrad study" = 5

In 2000, Bush's voters had almost higher levels of education, with an average of 3.29 to 3.28 for Gore voters. (A 3.29 means that the average Bush voter fell 29% of the way between Some College and College Graduate). Gore did best with high school dropouts and those with postgrad study, and Bush did best in-between.

In the 2002 midterms, GOP candidates for the House attracted a particularly brainy bunch of voters, garnering a 3.37 to the Democratic House candidates' voters' 3.21. GOP house candidates carried college graduates by a 58-40 margin, and even won a majority among those with post-graduate study. (Please note that the post-grad category gets inflated by Democratic-voting public school teachers with advanced degrees in Education.)

In 2004, however, Bush went slightly down-scale, with an average voter educational level of 3.24 to Kerry's 3.32. Bush did much better among high school dropouts in 2004, attracting 49% of their vote, compared to only 35% in 2000.

The gap was narrower among voters for the House candidates with Democratic supporters averaging 3.31 to Republicans 3.28. (This suggests that the small number of people who voted for a Republican House candidate but not for Bush were particularly well-educated). In sum, these are not big differences. Data from iSteve.com.

ruhl i don't know what is wrong with you, but if you sincerely believe that democrats are overall less intelligent that republicans, you are part of the problem yourself. democrats account for a huge percentage of people with college degrees, while few republicans are actually smart. the majority of republicans live in the most rural areas of the country, which like it or not, are also the most uneducated.
    case in point, you're obviously a democrat and obviously an idiot with the claims you're making. If you purport to think that democrats are more highly educated than republicans all we have to do is look at THE FACTS of the policies they support. Like Obama's claims that he is going to raise taxes on the rich and cut taxes for the middle class. If ANY EDUCATED PERSON THINKS THIS IS PLAUSIBLE THEY ARE A COMPLETE AND UTTER MORON. That will do ABSOLUTELY nothing for the economy, it is simply a way for the democrats to attempt to swing in all the 'poor me' 'i can't take care of myself' voters that they can. NO ONE DESERVES HANDOUTS and that's what the democrats believe in, and i'll be the first to say that that kind of backward ass communist/socialist thinking belongs in china, it should be purged from this country forever.

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    case in point, you're obviously a democrat and obviously an idiot with the claims you're making. If you purport to think that democrats are more highly educated than republicans all we have to do is look at THE FACTS of the policies they support. Like Obama's claims that he is going to raise taxes on the rich and cut taxes for the middle class. If ANY EDUCATED PERSON THINKS THIS IS PLAUSIBLE THEY ARE A COMPLETE AND UTTER MORON. That will do ABSOLUTELY nothing for the economy, it is simply a way for the democrats to attempt to swing in all the 'poor me' 'i can't take care of myself' voters that they can. NO ONE DESERVES HANDOUTS and that's what the democrats believe in, and i'll be the first to say that that kind of backward ass communist/socialist thinking belongs in china, it should be purged from this country forever.
    That's an extreme point of view. Yes, people are selfish and they want to vote for who they think will do the most for them.

I do agree with you on some points.
    My parents also own a business with 60+ employee's. 5 of which they cut this month because they simply can't afford them anymore. They gotta pay unemployment cause nobody is hireing, but it's still cheaper. What do businesses do when they aren't making a profit. Only two things you can do, either get more money in, or less money out. Being pro jobs and anti-business is a total contradiction. Stop jobs from going over-sea's by taxing them?...makes sense. Check out the unemployment rate, that's what sent the stock market tumbeling two weeks ago, not the bailout.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    That's an extreme point of view. Yes, people are selfish and they want to vote for who they think will do the most for them.

I do agree with you on some points.
    My parents also own a business with 60+ employee's. 5 of which they cut this month because they simply can't afford them anymore. They gotta pay unemployment cause nobody is hireing, but it's still cheaper. What do businesses do when they aren't making a profit. Only two things you can do, either get more money in, or less money out. Being pro jobs and anti-business is a total contradiction. Stop jobs from going over-sea's by taxing them?...makes sense. Check out the unemployment rate, that's what sent the stock market tumbeling two weeks ago, not the bailout.
    that was sarcasm right? If someone tried to tell me that I as a corporation had to pay the gov't because i wanted to have more of my company overseas then you know where the WHOLE company would be going? to a country that's not ****in retarded

that was sarcasm right? If someone tried to tell me that I as a corporation had to pay the gov't because i wanted to have more of my company overseas then you know where the WHOLE company would be going? to a country that's not ****in retarded
    yes ruhl, I'm a sarcastic mo-fo, often forget I can't put inflection in the voice in my head through the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    yes ruhl, I'm a sarcastic mo-fo, often forget I can't put inflection in the voice in my head through the keyboard.
    i figured u were but i didn't have anything else to key off of there

tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member
    Obama and mccain both suck big donkey balls...... this country is screwed im moving back to europe

Quote Originally Posted by FuPayMe View Post
    He turned a 5 trillion dollar budget surplus into a deficit.
    I can't help but fight the urge to challenge you to back that up. Are you up to an impossible challenge?

Fiscal
    Year Year
    Ending National Debt Deficit
    FY1993 09/30/1993 $4.411488 trillion
    FY1994 09/30/1994 $4.692749 trillion $281.26 billion
    FY1995 09/29/1995 $4.973982 trillion $281.23 billion
    FY1996 09/30/1996 $5.224810 trillion $250.83 billion
    FY1997 09/30/1997 $5.413146 trillion $188.34 billion
    FY1998 09/30/1998 $5.526193 trillion $113.05 billion
    FY1999 09/30/1999 $5.656270 trillion $130.08 billion
    FY2000 09/29/2000 $5.674178 trillion $17.91 billion
    FY2001 09/28/2001 $5.807463 trillion $133.29 billion

So you say to yourself as a democrat...that's good news, at least he was reducing the deficit, and if that bastard bush didn't take office we'd be paying off the national debt as we speak.

The truth is
    During Bill Clinton’s presidency, from 1992 to 2000:
    - Spending increased by 29.49%.
    - Tax revenues increased by 85.58%.
    So, he had a little help from the American tax payer. Not that I'm going to say Bush has done a good job controling the budget. Just on the off chance anybody listens to your ridiculous claims.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjpatrick1987 View Post
    obama and mccain both suck big donkey balls...... This country is screwed im moving back to europe
    bye.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    ok you're a moron because even for a RECESSION you have to have two consecutive quarters of negative gdp growth and we've not even had ONE yet.
    That's not entirely accurate. That's the standard definition of a Recession, but it's very simplistic. If we were to use that standard than there was no recession in 2001, according to government provided data. By that standard, 1980-1982 only saw one recession between the second and third quarter of 1980, yet economically those were very turbulent times. A more precise way to tell if we're in a recession is done by the the National Bureau of Economic Research. They define a recession using four statistics: employment, real personal income less transfer payments, real manufacturing and trade sales, and industrial production data. Their latest press release shows a decrease in nearly all sectors of the economy: http://www.conference-board.org/pdf_...ci/LEI0908.pdf.

Z12
    Z12 is offline Associate Member
    It's over BITCHES!!! Obama WON!!! Now all you right wing fox news rush limbaugh mo fos can suffer for the next 4 years like the rest of us have for the last 8. HA HA HA HA! ENJOY BITCHES!!! PALIN IS A WHITE TRASH SKANK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Z12 View Post
    It's over BITCHES!!! Obama WON!!! Now all you right wing fox news rush limbaugh mo fos can suffer for the next 4 years like the rest of us have for the last 8. HA HA HA HA! ENJOY BITCHES!!! PALIN IS A WHITE TRASH SKANK!!!
    interesting.....u must be a moron or something.....WE'VE NOT VOTED YET

Z12
    Z12 is offline Associate Member
    interesting.....u must be a moron or something.....WE'VE NOT VOTED YET
    Does ruhl stand for rural?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information