Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

anyone ever had a near death experience?

anyone here ever had a near death experience? post a detailed experience

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    1)Lets see hitting a highway sign at 150kms/hour.
    2)Getting attacked with a machett that about sums it up..

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    1)Lets see hitting a highway sign at 150kms/hour.
    2)Getting attacked with a machett that about sums it up..

Someone coming at you with a machette sounds like a persons worst nightmare. I dont suppose you'd want to elaborate on that a bit more..?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    a few bad car and motorcycle accidents

guy pulled a gun on me in the middle of a club.

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    I used to be near death all the time, until I found out molesting corpses is illegal.

Do you mean having "died" but being brought back to life? Well my heart has never stopped but there are two occasions when I thought I actually was going to die.

One was at a music festival and Blur were headlining. I'd gotten near the front early so I could get a good view, well two songs in and the crowd just started to surge forward, they even had to stop the gig to get control...I seriously thought I was going to be crushed to death and was terrified. I was grabbing hair, clothes, hands, anything to stop myself actually going to ground.

Second occasion was while I was travelling. I was in Nepal and myself, an american girl and another english guy had hired a rowing boat to check out an island about a mile off shore. Then we noticed it started getting over cast after spending a few hours there and decided to row back to shore. All of a sudden the mother of all storms hit, how we never capsized and got swept out to sea is beyond me.

Additionally while I was up in the Himalayas I kept meeting people that were returning to their starting location because of avalanches and fear of being buried, but I never saw anything so I guess I was lucky (or foolish).

What's happened to you, anyways?

Banelord is offline Associate Member
    on my motocycle merging in with traffic on the highway at night, almost did not see that tractor trailor. There would be a zero chance of servical on that hit.

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    fell out of a really high tree and landed flat on my back. I thought i was dead for a moment

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    Got myself trapped in the passenger seat in a car wreck 10yrs ago with an open wound on left leg... lost so much blood that the doc on site thought I had bleed myself out to death! really, I don't know how I made it alive to the hospital!

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    No kidding. I tried to kill myslef twice (jump from 2nd floor and hung) when i was on my teens. I failed so i guess i wasn't near death experience.

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Voland View Post
    No kidding. I tried to kill myslef twice (jump from 2nd floor and hung) when i was on my teens. I failed so i guess i wasn't near death experience.
    this is what I call an "oxymoron" lol

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i had four guys break into my place yrs ago. one had a gun(fake, no ammo or he didnt wanna use it) and one had a knife. i did the stupidest thing ever and attacked them with a sword i keep on my mantle. by some stroke of luck i didnt get shot or stabbed and they retreated immediately.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by "Maximus" View Post
    Got myself trapped in the passenger seat in a car wreck 10yrs ago with an open wound on left leg... lost so much blood that the doc on site thought I had bleed myself out to death! really, I don't know how I made it alive to the hospital!
    You're a defender of the force, huh?

One time I was crossing the street in the middle of the night with my buddy who was a few feet behind me. I checked traffic both ways and started to cross. I looked behind me to make sure my friend was coming along, when all of a sudden I heard a huge whooshing sound and something made contact with my arm. It was a car driving with its headlights off, and the side view mirror just barely clipped me. One more step and I would have been really fukd up. The speed limit was about 45.

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    I was a crazy mutha when i was younger and have had a few NDE. I oh deed once, my heart stopped for a minute or so and i seen things ive never told anyone about. I have been kicked in the head with steel toed boots breaking my jaw and face, thought 4 sure I was goona die, now i have titanium plates and pins in my skull and face. I have gone throught the windshield of a pickup truck and landed on the ground when I was a passenger in a pickup, my drunk cousin hit a parked car at 50 mph, I have been stabbed in the leg and almost bled out, I have been shot in the leg whith a .22 when i was jumpin over a fence, almost bled out. I have been bucked off a horse and got tangled up in a barbwire fence and kicked repeatedly in the back, that was fvckin scary. I have calmed down in the last 10 years and I am greatfull for the gift of life, you never know when your time is up...

BuffThaStuff is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobee View Post
    I was a crazy mutha when i was younger and have had a few NDE. I oh deed once, my heart stopped for a minute or so and i seen things ive never told anyone about.
    could you tell us what you saw?

BuffThaStuff is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobee View Post
    I was a crazy mutha when i was younger and have had a few NDE. I oh deed once, my heart stopped for a minute or so and i seen things ive never told anyone about.
    so you're not gonna tell us?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Someone coming at you with a machette sounds like a persons worst nightmare. I dont suppose you'd want to elaborate on that a bit more..?
    Well I was out with some friends when a group of guys came up to us and started something, I was with 15 other friends and there was only 5 of these guys. Out of nowhere 4 of them are attacking one fo my friends me (only 17 at the time) was the onyl person to do anything I just pulled to of the guys off of him next thing I know this little indian guy runs back a few yards and picks up a back pack and out comes the machett. He started walking at me fast, I just turned and ran at that point but he was too quick. I ran by one of my friends(so called friends who did nothing to help) and tried to grab his backpack off of him to have anything in my hands which didnt work I then ran and hurtled a very high fence but rolled on the landing next thing I know I`m looking up and see a machett coming down, I kicked my legs up in the air and got hit twice in the legs before they ran off. Somehow I wasnt cut onyl left with a few bruises one 12" thin lined bruise that was a scary reminder of how bad it could have been. The guys were arrested that night because they were morons....I didnt even call the cops but they did this in the open so someone else called. When the cops got there they over heard them in the basement laughing about it (we knew these guys so we told them their names and they new the address instantly). Well he got 2 years and I got $2000 compensation and mentally became much stronger and now I would never think twice about breaking someones neck in a hostile situation.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Well I was out with some friends when a group of guys came up to us and started something, I was with 15 other friends and there was only 5 of these guys. Out of nowhere 4 of them are attacking one fo my friends me (only 17 at the time) was the onyl person to do anything I just pulled to of the guys off of him next thing I know this little indian guy runs back a few yards and picks up a back pack and out comes the machett. He started walking at me fast, I just turned and ran at that point but he was too quick. I ran by one of my friends(so called friends who did nothing to help) and tried to grab his backpack off of him to have anything in my hands which didnt work I then ran and hurtled a very high fence but rolled on the landing next thing I know I`m looking up and see a machett coming down, I kicked my legs up in the air and got hit twice in the legs before they ran off. Somehow I wasnt cut onyl left with a few bruises one 12" thin lined bruise that was a scary reminder of how bad it could have been. The guys were arrested that night because they were morons....I didnt even call the cops but they did this in the open so someone else called. When the cops got there they over heard them in the basement laughing about it (we knew these guys so we told them their names and they new the address instantly). Well he got 2 years and I got $2000 compensation and mentally became much stronger and now I would never think twice about breaking someones neck in a hostile situation.

That's ****ing mental mate. Some right ****ing loose cannons out there.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    got hit by a logging truck in my car last winter. not a scratch on me but i thought i was for sure going to die

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I almost drown. Also had a few guns pointed at me and the gunmen wasn't in a good mood

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    I was around 14 yrs old at school camp, and we were having group games in a wreck hall. The ceiling was around 3m high, with fans blazing. I had won the game (out of about 60 people) and a lot of my mates picked me up and put me on their shoulders, carrying me around in celebration. A couple moment later I jumped down onto the floor. I had no idea, but I was told by everyone who was spectating that when I jumped, my head was 1cm away from being split open by the fans...I would have died for sure.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i seen death many times. ive had people die right there while i tried to help. its weird, i think they are going somewhere are something. i had one tell me, or someone in his head, to "hold on, man.......ok,ok"...then die. i had one say "mother,i am home". i tell you i can tell if they dead, by walking up and seeing them, its like the body is there but the soul is gone. weird bro's. sorry if off topic, but i feel better now.....thats weird too...lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wascaptain5214 View Post
    i seen death many times. ive had people die right there while i tried to help. its weird, i think they are going somewhere are something. i had one tell me, or someone in his head, to "hold on, man.......ok,ok"...then die. i had one say "mother,i am home". i tell you i can tell if they dead, by walking up and seeing them, its like the body is there but the soul is gone. weird bro's. sorry if off topic, but i feel better now.....thats weird too...lol
    Happened to my next door neighbor.

I am watching TV and there is pounding on my parents door (i was 18 at time). I open the door and the wife from next door is frantic yell about her husband. I follow her back into her house and sure enough her husband is face down on the floor in their bedroom. I turn the body over which was very cold (it was summer) and could see the life had gone from this guys body. Later found out he had a massive heart attack while the wife was downstairs making them sandwiches.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Worked as a bomb disposal officer for over 15 years!!!!!!!! in many parts of the world, Iraq, Somalia, Angola, Sudan, Congo etc etc,,,,,,,,,,that do?

Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    Worked as a bomb disposal officer for over 15 years!!!!!!!! in many parts of the world, Iraq, Somalia, Angola, Sudan, Congo etc etc,,,,,,,,,,that do?
    Damn, I think you got all of us beat. I hear there's a term for your line of work called The Long Walk or the Lonely Walk? They recently printed an article in the paper about a british bomb disposal officer who died a coupla weeks back and that expression was used.

Blog Entries

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I drove into a brick wall at 90 mph in a trans am and had both the 2 tops fly foward and shatter in the back of my head. Apparently I have a very hard head.

2 weeks later I flipped a hyndai sonata over 12 times until a bobb'd wire fence finally stopped me.

P.S. Slight concussion in 1 and no injuries in 2...but still feel like it was pretty close to ending.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    suicide attempt.

came close enough.

ill never do that again

well never say never. but i prefer not to experience that again.

Nitro29 is offline Member
    Got shot at, bullet missed the back of my head by about 1-2 inches and missed my arm by even less than that.

One pretty bad car wreck

Thats all I can think of right off

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Got captured by terrorists in the seventies and managed to get away!!

I haven't been allowed back there and that was over 30 years ago!!
    Last edited by paulzane; 09-25-2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: delete group name

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    I was suprised by a strung out junkie who broke into my house and was in the process of ripping off my electronic equipment. He was a small dude and I chased him out of my house. It was like 2 am in February and I was in my socks and a tee shirt. Then the dude stopped running and turned around and as he was turning around everything started to go in slow motion....as I saw the glimmer of a large meat carving knife he pulled out of his pocket and then started coming at me! I have no way to discribe the feeling. Time stopped. I went from the hunter in control to the prey in a split second. The look that came over his face, the look in his eyes, I could just tell he was a killer... or at least had the willingness to kill with no remorse. I've never seen anything like it before.

Since I was pretty close to him at that point I instinctively started to back up pretty quickly... and then realized that I had backed up on the sidewalk past the entrance to my house as he had been coming forward so he was now between me and my walkway/open front door.

Time stood still. I noticed that no one was around, everything was quiet. It was not one of my more comfortable moments in life. I thought about yelling out but quickly realized that everyone was sleeping, plus at that time in my life I lived in a really rough neighborhood. I am a white dude and lived in a black/hispanic ghetto with gangs and all that. No one messed with me on the streets because I had been there a while and established myself when I was tested early on when first moving there but at 2 am in the ghetto especailly, some dude yelling out is gonna get ignored.

Then I thought, shit if I have to run down the street in my socks in the winter with this dude chasing me that's gonna suck bad. Where am I going to run to if he keeps chasing me? There's no were to go! lol

So I started to look around for a weapon and there was a shovel next to my house and I grabbed it and wacked the plastic shovel end off by slamming it against a thick metal gate and started yelling at the dude. At least now I had a weapon with the advantage of distance on him. There's no way he's gonna be able to stick me before I stick him with the end of the shovel handle where it split off the shovel. My adrenaline was pumping like you can't even imagine. I was screaming at him about breaking into my house and how I'll friggin kill him and no one is gonna do jack because he pulled a knife on me after breaking into my house. I was screaming "You wannna die mot*er fvcker?!!" He started saying how he's sick and needs a detox and put the knife down. I cracked him over the head a few times with the shovel pole handle and he went down and out. I grabbed the knife and went in my house and grabbed a nice home made sap filled with lead and much longer than the police issue ones wiht a fat end. It would definitely put a hole in someones scull or at least split it open and also grabbed my phone and called 911. The cops came and arrested him. About 3 days later my heart stopped pounding a mile a minute.

I also almost died a lot of times when I was a kid as I had a severe illness and was rushed to the ER a lot and jacked with drugs so I could breath. That was some scary shizat too but most of it I don't remember too well.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    one time i saw the best pair of titties...man i thought i was going to die

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild28 View Post
    one time i saw the best pair of titties...man i thought i was going to die
    Gay

thats funny, you calling me gay

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    Well that was the point of the joke...

yea i caught that...thanks

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah the lonely walk, that's when you are doing a dem and there is a misfire, you have to walk back to the ordnance that has charges and dets on knowing something f***ed up, it is a lonely walk and sometimes very long if it's a big dem. Most of the main work RSP's etc is always done on your own. unless training someone.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    I drowned twice at BUD/S.

I was almost squished by a wrecked car during a high school pep rally. After beating a car with a sledge hammer for an hour, we flipped it over down a hill. Part of the car caught my football jersey and took me along for the ride. Luckily, the jersey tore after the car (and I) flipped over twice.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Godamn DSM, you beat that guy down after he dropped the knife? Thats pretty crazy. It seems kinda wrong but i would have done the same most definitely.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    I can't get into specifics, but being somewhere that we weren't supposed to be during Operation Southern Watch and in constant worry of being discovered was pretty scary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information