johnq is offline Associate Member

anyone done a triathlon

i will be doing one in 7 months time anyone got any tips on how to train for it, and still do weights and maintain my weight.
    1/2 mile swim
    21 mile bike ride
    6 mile run
    it will be quite hard to fit weights into my schdule maybe i could do 40mins 3x a week. would that be enough, as i need to improve on my swimming biking and my running.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    there is no possible way to train for this properly and maintain your weight.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs View Post
    there is no possible way to train for this properly and maintain your weight.
    Agreed. I did a half distance triathlon and lost significant amount of body mass. Next time I do something like that I'll be eating more while training and not worrying as much about the time or place I get.

did u still do weights stonegrmi while training for the triathlon, ill will be eating as much as can through out the next severn months, healthy foods of coarse, do u think u can build muscle by doing that type of training i dont mind losing bf%, i would like to build my shoulders arms and legs up.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnq View Post
    i will be doing one in 7 months time anyone got any tips on how to train for it, and still do weights and maintain my weight.
    1/2 mile swim
    21 mile bike ride
    6 mile run
    it will be quite hard to fit weights into my schdule maybe i could do 40mins 3x a week. would that be enough, as i need to improve on my swimming biking and my running.
    you kiddin me?
    @ 260+ lbs light cardio for 40min in the am is hell

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnq View Post
    did u still do weights stonegrmi while training for the triathlon, ill will be eating as much as can through out the next severn months, healthy foods of coarse, do u think u can build muscle by doing that type of training i dont mind losing bf%, i would like to build my shoulders arms and legs up.
    Yeah I still lifted but did not gain any muscle that's for sure. There is no way you can if you're training for the race properly. You will lean down and possible look better but you will lose some muscle along with the fat. It's inevitable. That's why triathletes look like they do!

im only 205lbs ive been doing weights for a few years im getting bored so i thought id set myself a challenge and try and do a triathlon, but i dont want lose 24lbs and look like a marathon runner.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

cheers big

bushido3374 is offline Member
    Do you have an option for sprint triathlon? I did one last summer without training for it just to finish as a challenge. It's usually 750 m. swim, 12 mi. bike, and 5k run. Not alot of endurance.

Thread Information