Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    I'm useless can't learn languages for shit. Give me a math problem and I'll sort ya out. I tried learning the ze German in school for 6 years, can't remember a bit of it.

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    I'm self-taught Spanish (continental); learned in about six months, fairly fluent; that was 15 years ago and i remember most of it still.

I know some basic Hebrew, Portuguese, and a little German.

just because i find learning language so interesting, i learned some russian grammar and know some phrases, studied it in college for a year. and can understand minimal amount of french. various phrases and words in hindi.

gotta go with your main goal: if the important thing is choosing the easiest language that you can get up to speed quickly for an intermediate class, Spanish wins hands down, especially in U.S. because you can get exposure. and job wise will always be an advantage here.

if your goal is to broaden your universe with new experience that you dont get where you live and learn something different about another part of the world, then you just have to go with whatever interests you the most and not worry about how hard it may be. the more interest and motivation you have the quicker you'll learn. if you find it dull then you'll learn nothing really.

if you can afford it, one of the best things to do is to enroll in a short intensive language class in the country in which you lang. of interest is spoken. those can be a few weeks long and the total immersion brings you up to speed quicker than any other method.
    Last edited by scibble; 12-13-2008 at 05:28 PM.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    je nes pas bilingual.
    its weird tho..my mom is hardcore french, so she speaks it all the time..every day.. and i understand her almost completely, but cant speak it hardly at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information